Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stoopid hot rod phrases

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gary in da UP, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 440roadrunner

440roadrunner
    from live?

Well since it means so much to "those of us in the cam business" maybe you could take it upon yourself to tell us ---those of us to which it doesn't mean much--

just where did it come from and just what DOES it mean?

2. how about, " I really want to buy it, I just have to go home and ask the wife" never see the guy again..!

3. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

i hate when people call wheels rims, the rim is the outer PART of the wheel.

4. chubbie

chubbie

!!!!!!!!!!!!!youbetcha

5. I like " Car for sale is not the one pictured, but could be" :confused:

6. krooser

krooser

Needs restored...

Rare find.... (nobody wanted 'em when they were new, either!)

7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

all hyway miles ,we carry it from the exits

8. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

GOOD LORD YES!!!!!!

it just means they don't know much about cars. most of the time its my friend who thinks he is a car guy.

9. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

every time John Force calls his funny car a "hot rod"-there hasn't been a hot rod in the "National Hot Rod Assn" for years!

10. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Here's one that still gets in my crawl. I was at a typical "everything" car show years ago and 2 old timers walk up behind me as I'm looking at a Willys Jeep....gold chainers if you know what I mean. One starts telling the other about when he was in 'Nam and they took the engine out of a P-47 and put it in a Jeep and ripped thru a parade and damn near scared the General to death. First off.....a big assed P&W engine out of a P-47 in a Jeep? Second, a P-47 in Nam? Third, I swear I think I heard a similar story in Hollywood Knights over 20 years ago!

11. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

A 3/4 CAM works well in a 6 cylinder V8 engine . . it's lighter too!

12. rustdodger

rustdodger

"$25,000 invested sell for $12,500" I believe the word spent should replace "invested". I also love to see cars with odometers that repeat ofter 100k mi advertised with "150,000 Original miles"

13. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

numbers matching-usally a lie and wayyyy over used!
    air needs freon- bullshit if thats all it needed you would have charged it by now!
    california car- thts jus where it's being sold ,it lived 20+ years in the michigan winters.
    MY CASH PRICE IS----- BUT MY TRADE VALUE IS MUCH HIGHER-------

14. prost34

prost34

Drives me nuts when someone tells me there or there friends car will pull the the front wheels off the ground on the road!,i dont even bother talking anymore i just turn and walk away,,
    or they have 800 horsepower and runs 9,s in the quarter,,,really:mad:????

15. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

3/4 Cam... But I only race 1/16th of the time... So do I need a 1/16th cam?

Like above, air needs freon... the shit just doesn't disapear... you have a leak put some freon and some dye in it... let her run for a bit, pull it in the shop flip the lights off, hit the black light... Shit that's a REALLY big leak... and so is that one...

We have a Camaro in the shop with a just rebuilt hot Th350 trans.. It's painted silver and it's a Th250... not 200, not 350, a 250... Yuck....

Ran when parked... What about now?

and my favorite... "Well you worked on it last!" I always respond to this with, "Have you got any flat tires lately?"....."Well... No..."..."Let me know when you do, because they'd probably be my fault too"...

Oh and then there is every customers excuse when another mechanic screwed their car up (weather or not it was Jensen Tire, Jiffy Lube, or that crank head down the street).... "Well it was cheap"....look at where that got ya...

Oh one more... "Can you plug this into your machine and fix it?"... If I had that magic fuckin' machine I'd be a millionare.. My scanner only gives me a faint idea of what could be wrong... or not.

16. north

north
    from orlando fl

the phrase " three on the tree " just sounds retarded to me

17. hoodrich56

hoodrich56

go"s like a raped ape hows a raped ape go?

18. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

hey! :mad:

A raped ape runs fairly fast from what I've heard. About like a stock flathead!

19. williebill

williebill

Three on the tree?

Must be a youngster..

I remember a classic ad from a while back in the paper...."55 chevy,built big block,headers,750 carb,custom interior...all original"

20. wizzard23

wizzard23

X2
    Heres another one thats a big waste of words: It's a post CAR or it's a 4 speed CAR. Hell we knew 5 sentences ago we were talking about a CAR!!!!

21. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

"Get 'er done" (Retard a la hangover)
    "budget build" or "low-buck" (especially when building a 40's-60's period correct hot rod)
    Old School (i don't care how you spell school the phrase is retarded)
    "Traditional" (seems to be the "go-to" description these days)

22. Biography
    Started working in a bodyshop at 14 ,am 55 ,now Building rods and restoreing other peoplescars, tractor pulling and generally life is good! I am currntly building a 57 belair and upon finishing that will finally start a project of my own probably a " Doodlebug" type rod? tractor hybred I live in a rural area and am going to test sreet legal to make a point and without a title or license plate ! Stay tuned!

I would have to agree, I see it every fucking day, FNG's come here and run their fucking mouths, most can't even spell, let alone complete a sentence with the proper punctuation.They come here and start stupid fucking post just like this one and use up band width with dumb ass comments like yours. Learn how to spell "stupid" before you come here and
    and start running "stoopid mouth.
    Sincerely
    Grits

"You want to build a hot rod but you can't even build a fucking sentence" D.W.

23. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

I kind of agree with you but at the same time any vehicle that from a stand still travels a quarter-mile in 4 to 14 seconds can and should be considered a hot rod...modern or "traditional". The only thing that pisses me off about the new shit is the lack of "soul or character" in each vehicle/driver.....although John Force is quite the character

24. hoodrich56

hoodrich56

for sale 1973 firebird easy project 90 precent complete. comes with rebuilt engine ,out of car. new interior not in. needs little body work and paint . bring trailer car can not be driven .asking 12000 when finished worth at least 30000 no tire kickers cash only "every idoit on craigslist" lol oh yeah almost forgot won't last long at this price

25. I think you are mistaken, my hot rod didn't cost half a million dollars,
    what you are talking about is a full blown racing machine.

26. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Omg! "Won't last long!" Most of the time that appears to be the state of the car....not the classified add! ;)

27. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

All of the above should prove that stupid people shouldn't breed.

28. lorodz

lorodz

the one i hate the most "hey nice rat rod" i wan to stranggle these fu^6ers

29. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I would have to agree, I see it every fucking day, FNG's come here and run their fucking mouths, most can't even spell, let alone complete a sentence with the proper punctuation.They come here and start stupid fucking post just like this one and use up band width with dumb ass comments like yours. Learn how to spell "stupid" before you come here and
    and start running "stoopid mouth.
    Sincerely
    Grits

"You want to build a hot rod but you can't even build a fucking sentence" D.W.[/QUOTE

It's not limited to FNG's by a long shot. The poor grammer, horrific spelling and confusion with correct word use (i.e. weather vs whether) and incorrect or no punctuation is common on this site. Makes one wonder what they did in school. That said, fortunately there are some obviously very intelligent and knowledgeable members/posters on the H.A.M.B. and that makes it worth spending time here.

30. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

I have to admit I like this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.