Register now to get rid of these ads!

florida car meets???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rain_man, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Rain_man

Rain_man

so i just moved to florida and live in daytona can anyone tell me if there is any good meets/swaps in and around this area (i know about the turkey rod run)
    thanks

2. brad chevy

brad chevy

Just had monthly swapmeet in webster today, 1st.sunday of month and 3day event 2nd weekend in feb.,swapmeet in mt.dora,2nd sunday of month and theres a big meet in alachua county middle of month.punchup www.florida swapsmeets for better info.don"t mess with zypherhills meet,too expensive gate fee $10.00 gate fee per person and very crappy organized.

3. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

A few shows coming up next month Rumblers car show,Billetproof...

4. THE CREEPER

THE CREEPER

I am also new to the Sunshine State keep us posted. Thank you Gary

5. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

The River Ranch Rod Run is coming up the end of the month, Jan. 30-31. 18 miles west of Yee Haw Junction on Hwy 60.

Lee

6. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I love going to Zypherhills meet,two times a year,but I only get to go about 1 time per. Nice meet with a big plus=many types of old race cars running on drit track ovel at the meet.
    The $10 bucks is pretty low for the show.:cool:
    4.5 hr. south;Here in Miami we have good car show on first sat of each month at Betty's Best Burger's [old Fuddrucker's] about 6pm to 9pm/this sat was about 65 rods and customs/8 were T-buckets,a cool nite of about 54*=that's cool for here!
    Every friday nite is a fairly big meet and small swop as well, in Davie at "Tower Shops"mall,it's free to lookers and rod's,but a both is $35 to swop in.:)
    Over by Tampa there is stuff too.

7. Ice man

Ice man

Sarasota has one of the biggest in Florida on the last day of Jan, at the Desota Mall Pk lot, and its free. Iceman

8. Rain_man

Rain_man

thanks all
    heard a little about Billetproof hope to check it out what is the date and local
    thanks

9. Ice man

Ice man

Just looked it up so its official, Jan 31, Its the Devereaux- Kaiser Show at the Westfield Sarasota Mall on Beneva & US 41. Always a large show. Look me up and I will show you around. I drive a 29 Pk Up with Iceman on the plates. I also just moved up from St.Thomas but lived here a couple yrs back. Welcome to the sunshine state. Iceman

10. KIRK

KIRK

Find a copy of the monthly Cruise News. Just about everything that goes on in Florida is listed there.

11. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

http://www.flacarshows.com/

There is also the cruise in/show on Canal St. in New Smyrna Beach next weekend; its the 2nd Saturday of every month. Usually pretty good. Let me know if you go; I plan to be there.

12. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

3rd Saturday of every month.
    "The Villages" at Lady Lake.
    Be there at 2:30 to get parked at 3pm.
    Runs 3 to 7:30, prizes, and then a slow cruise parade through the town square that's fun.
    Upscale retirement community with full spectrum of nice stuff.
    200 to 300+ cars every month...
    Some pic's of old shows....
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/550603546dzvhDJ
    and
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/556469484nIUWbI
    and
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/550611473ToZdrS
    and
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/550597646CtvjzF

13. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

14. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Scoot over to: www.Billetproof.com There you will find all the info about this years show. It's at the Alachua County Fairgrounds in Gainesville on Feb. 27, 2010. Lots to see and do. Hope to see you there.

15. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

sumter county 1'st sunday of every month

16. Ice man

Ice man

Hay Rain man, just got a contact for you [email protected] He's the Guy in charge. Name in Arnold Berns, 941-924-5224. This is the 40th annual show. They come from as far as N.Carolina. Iceman

17. Rain_man

Rain_man

ya im gona be at the New Smyrna Beach show next weekend wont have the truck the local cops prob wont like me driving around with no plates. soon i will have it on the road. the price to register in florida is crazy the told me it was gone $540 to git it on the road. (crazy) florida has a first time reg fee wow i have never paid that much for plates any were in the country.
    gas giant what will you be driving i will keep an eye out for ya thanks for all the info

18. acr

acr

www.cruisenewsonline.com

Most any car shop will have a complimentary copy. I'm not sure he posts all the car show's on line but his magazine posts them all by type (weekly/monthly, etc.) & by day, date, & location. And it's the most up to date listing for Florida I've seen. If you PM me your address I'll mail you a copy.:D

19. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Rain Man,

I'll likely be using my daily to get there as I am probably going to Port Orange first to fetch some rims from a fellow HAMBer.

I'm in the same boat as you, the cops would really take offense to me driving my Bel Air with no tags (or exhaust). Plus it pulls pretty hard to one side so I need to get the alignment done, and I want to get the Keystone rims off of it before I drive it anywhere so I don't make myself a giant hypocrite. (The tires on the Keystones up until recently held air, thus I was using them to roll the car around)

I wasn't aware that Florida had that first-time fee; it must be a recent thing since I've lived here my entire life and never paid anything close to that. I thought it was about $150 for the tag + registration, and about $70 or so to renew the tag yearly. Wow, if that's true, that sucks, I'll have to look it up.

20. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Is there any swapmeets or something like that going on at next march?
    I am coming to Florida for bikeweek and i'll spend another week in Orlando after that.

21. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Finn - Sure is! The spring car show and swap meet is on March 26, 27 and 28 at the Daytona Speedway. Hope that works with your visiting plans.

22. Rain_man

Rain_man

ya the laddy at the office said every fee just doubled like 3 months ago and also that most people that have been here for a long time have never heard of the first time fee that it is some thing you probley dident have to pay way back when. my pops(granddad) almost fainted when i told him it was gona cost that much
    i work in portorange maybe ill see you around

p.s. i know a guy with tons of old belair stuff let me know if you need anyting

23. Rain_man

Rain_man

what rims are you gittin??

24. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Damn,i am supposed to be back home at march 14,(or 15 or 16,it just depends how bad airline companies services suck at this time)but thanks anyway

25. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

26. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

This weekend there is a big all Ford show at Silver Springs near Ocala. Suppose to be 1000+ cars registered. Wear your gloves and tuque.:eek: (that's how the dictionary spells it):)

27. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Bruce, is the Silver Springs show and antiquer show or a mustang/late model thing?

Lee

28. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

Rain,
    the registration in florida just went up 100% half way through 2009. Because the state is claiming they need money. I have heard it is supposed to go up again. I think the state is going to push some folks up here in the northwest to far especially when some of these folks are barely feeding their kids and then they have to pay 200 dollars to reregistar thier car in order to work. Here in Santa Rosa county there are a lot of folks that do not make alot of money and jobs are not at a premium.

29. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

30. Rumblers Groundhog Gala Feb 6th, 1108 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando.
    Excellant traditional hot rod show.

Feb 12, 13, 14 Sumter Winter Extravaganza www.floridaswapmeets.net
    Best swap meet around