Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nashville Swap Meet still on?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capt. Zorro, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I was doing a search for info on the big Winter swap meet that is at the Nashville Fairgrounds, I found a couple of them. One is in Jan and the other in Feb. which one is the best.

2. The one in Jan. is part of an indoor car show. The one in Feb. is the big one. I am not sure of the dates this year but it has been on Super Bowl weekend in past years. I am sure someone has the dates.

3. Gator

Gator

Yep, February, unless you're looking for hot wheels cars and chinese tools.

4. February 7, 2010
    22nd Annual Nashville Automotive Swap Meet
    Tennessee State Fairgrounds
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Info: Bruce Hickerson 615-890-1144

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

now gator:Dyes the feb swap is bigger,but i have always gotten/bought more at the autofest in jan. 16th-18th.i think:confused: but as alwaysi'll make 3 trips to nashvegas.frostywheels,autofest,and feb swap. besides,i know some really cool folks who live in/around nasvegas.like to visit:D

6. 54 savoy

54 savoy

yes the jan. auto fest is the 1/16 and 1/17

7. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Yes the Feb 7 swap meet is on. 6:30 am doors open to the public. See ya there. Don't forget Frosty Wheels Jan. 8,9,10...

8. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

I was told this is last year at this location and will have to be relocated next year, supposedly property is sold and will be torn down

9. 54 savoy

54 savoy

yeah,nashville fairgrounds has been on the news alot,think it's still up in the air,

10. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

The Mayor of Nashville said the fair grounds will be sold. Nobody is sure what will happen. The Tennessee State Fair is now gone.

11. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Unfortunatly the fairgrounds are history.It was loosing money.Of course so were all of the golf courses but they aren't selling them:rolleyes:.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

loosing$$$$????? according to the newspapaer report a study was done and the fairgrounds brings in 60-80 million yes million a year to the economy in nashville. hotel/motel,food. said mayor did not release this report.kind of hid it. but i just hijacked this thread sorry. still sucks. see ya'll at frosty wheels!!!!

13. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Sounds like the same crap that's going on here in Clarksville. The city basicly stole our fairgrounds from the public to build a marina! Needless to say our mayor probably won't be re-elected.....but he'll have a really nice place to keep his boat!

14. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I agree.The number of folks that came here ate,rented rooms ,bought gas etc.
    Sh*t*n on the blue collar folks.

15. Rellim51

Rellim51
    from West TN

So will there or will there not be a swap meet at the Fairgrounds in Feb?

16. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

YES. and there is one next week also.called auto fest. but yes there will be one. at least at this time. but if i hear different i'll be sure to post it. see you there>

17. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

The folks at Music City Dragway should start jumping on this now. Perfect place to do a car show/swap meet ala Englishtown. I remember Vinny Napp telling me at one point, that if it wasn't for the money brought in from the swap meets, the track would have been dead and buried. We really need that type of meet around here.

18. Rellim51

Rellim51
    from West TN

can you post the dates and times? Thanks.

19. MrHernandez81

MrHernandez81
    from Jackson,TN

they could always move it to memphis motorsports park or jackson fairgrounds "aka the home of rockabilly" just kidding about jackson but memphis would be good i think

20. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Sunday Feb 7th 6:30 am till 3:00 pm. This is Sunday only. Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville TN. Wedgewood Ave exit off I-65. Google Stones River AACA they are promotors.

21. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope you guys won't mind a Yankee coming to your swap meet, but I'll be in Bowling Green, KY visiting my daughter & son-in-law for a couple of weeks and just can't pass it up.

22. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

sure, yankee money is good also.sunday only,feb 7th

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i just talked to the man in charge of vendor spaces at the nash swap meet."ALL INSIDE SPACES ARE SOLD OUT" with a waiting list of 10-15 people.outside are selling fast also.soundelike its gonna be a good swap.see ya'll there.

24. Guess I had better...."Save UP!"See ya there.

25. Retro61

Retro61

I'll headed down if i don't have to work!(Self-employed, gotta take it when i can get it!)

26. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I'll see you guys there Sunday. Went to the one in Jan and didn't find anything I couldn't live without. GM parts were plentiful but Mopar and Ford were scarce. We stopped at the small meet in Crossville but didn't find anything there either. Found a 340 Victor intake for a SB Mopar at the show in Gray Tn. last weekend for $150.00 tho. The threat of snow really put a crimp in it. Hope the weather cooperates this weekend.

27. sinr

sinr
    from cecilia ky

will be sorry to nashvill fair grnds gone . have made several trips down there the most recent just last month. we have gone so far as to go down a day early and stay over night to make a weekend of it.

28. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

I'll be there sat. afternoon to get room and that. Will be at hooters drinking and watching UFC fights. .
    I'll be set up outside. silver enclosed , look for the steel cowl induction hoods if you want to say hi or call me a jackoff ; p

29. Hope the weather cooperates. The news that the fairgrounds is going really sucks. Been going for a lot of years, and found a lot of good deals every year.

30. Gator

Gator

Supposed to be sunny but cold Sunday, lo-25 high-38.

See you guys there but look fer me INSIDE - haha. :D