Register now to get rid of these ads!

62-65 B-Bodies Who's got um?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FunnyCar65, Oct 28, 2007.

1. bob myers

bob myers

I have always admired the mopar B bodies from the drags to cool street cars. I have wanted one for a long time and also wanted some kind of wagon. Recently I bought this car, flew to pick it up, drove it home 800 miles without a hitch. Every stop for gas and eats brought lots of interest and questions. It has the typical warmed up 383, 727 trans, 3:23 sure grip, and of course,"blues brothers" cop wheels.
    On the trip home I decided it needs a 413 with max wedge style cross ram intake/carbs and those beautiful angel wing factory max wedge exhaust manifolds. Agree?

Attached Files:

2. Agreed,we second the motion. All in favor say "Aye".

Cool longroof there,Bob. I've thought about the repro MW manifolds in lieu of headers,since I can't find headers for the Sport Fury that fit with power steering AND power brakes. And I ain't taking a ball-peen to the pricey tubes just to make them fit. There was a guy here that contacted me about some CPPA pieces(I'm still interested!) that might work.

3. COMMANDO V8

COMMANDO V8
    from Wisconsin

Aye, that cross ram intake and those up-turned exhaust manifolds are as awe inspiring as a street hemi! Plus they where in the best and most unique b-body cars of the Mopar history.Here's my 65 from Brainerd, MN last summer.

Attached Files:

4. yardgoat

yardgoat

My son has a 64 fury,with poly 318 ,auto,push button.We need the chrome pc that goes across the trunk lid,the width of the trunk,its the pc above the the key hole.ANY help please PM me thanks. PS the pics on this thread are great !!!.......YG

5. Yardgoat;I seem to recall one on Evilbay recently. Might have been in the "Ebay Stores" area. Good luck;I wish I had kept my beater '64 Fury for extra parts for my current S.F.,but that was 25 bloody years ago.

6. 64plymouthsportsfury

64plymouthsportsfury

I love the early B bodies! It amazes me how many people feel the same way as I do!

7. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Cool thread, here's mine.

Attached Files:

8. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

few more......

Attached Files:

9. mattybear

mattybear

I just found a 63 mordoor for sale that I think would make a fun weekend party cruiser...1963 Dodge Polara 4dr 318 poly / pushbutton 727. And it is going for a decent price too. If I do get it I will probably be looking at very minimal work to get it on the road again.

Attached Files:

10. For those who would like more of this B-Body Boogie,do a forum search on "62-65 Mopar Superstock"(type it as one word);there's a fantastic thread on those with TONS of great pics. You won't be disappointed! I still don't think I've been through the whole thing.

11. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

gotta love those b-bodies,
    Hey b-body fans, got 12 cars for sale, (2) 64 dodge 2dr posts, 64 sport fury parts car,( 5) 65 coronets, 1 hardtop, 2 post cars, 2 parts cars
    (4) 62 dart440 2dr 330 2dr 440 4dr 440
    64 savoy wagon

12. I was mistaken...that thread has gone to that great internet in the sky. RIP;that was a fine one. Let's keep this one alive!

13. caseyajones

caseyajones

14. As we can see;I was mistaken and the thread is alive and kickin'. I did a forum search(as stated in my previous post) and didn't get it before. Ah,yes;must be operator error...

15. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Cool, man! I like the blacked out rear deck. My non-HAMB-friendly '66 should be getting vintage torque thrusts in the spring.

16. I thought when it said superstock it was superstock cars only. Not for daily drivers cruisers , etc. I wish i had known it was a general 62 to 65 B body thread. I have had several in fact my avatar 426 MW is restng awaiting the end of winter as we speak. I have had 2 63s both 426s, a 383 64 wagon , a 63 Plymouth. A 62 for a while as well.
    Don
    http://www.dropshots.com/Dolmetsch#date/2006-10-30/20:44:48

Here is me cruising by my house. 63 440 series 2 dr hrtp 426 MW with NaSCAR single four REV2 MW manifold. Engine is a real 426 with stage 3 heads . I have driven it just 600 miles short of 40.000 since restoration. The car is a clone.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Cob's 63

440 - .030 over / Purple cam / 400+ HP
    80% done - will be on the road this spring/summer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  18. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Several of these are to made in 1:18 scale die cast this summer. Reservations being taken now, so act before they're all gone? No money due until they arrive & are shipping to you. Pre-production samples shown, with more info via this LINK. Thanks for the read, and tell a buddy?

19. VonHertell

VonHertell

My 62 Belvedere and 413 that I'm picking up from CT in about a week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. jughead2

jughead2
    from tenn.

i have a 63 max wedge car but dang it never did look as good as these pics. sitting under a shed in the dry but hasnt been started in several years. when i figure out how i will post a pic of it in its hayday. i found one of the 64 we owned it is pic #655 on 62-65 superstock mopars.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  21. Here is my engine. It is a 63 MW with a rev2 Nascar intake manifold (single four) If you didnt know the MW came with a single four go to the Don Garlits museum engne room and there is one on the north wall with sign that says RARE 426 Max Wedge NASCAR single 4 intake. It is the same model as this one which also came from Florida. (Thank you Rich Kuhn!)
    The pic of the car is at the Marmora cruise night which is a great place to go as they shutdown the street of the old mining town for the show every thursday night. May till Sept
    Don

Attached Files:

22. jughead2

jughead2
    from tenn.

my avatar is the first superstocker we ran. the 64 was the first drag addict car. i still have this car. it is still driveable but been neglected. will still run 11.40s with slicks and gear change. high 11s low 12s with slicks and 3.23 gear

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  23. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Wow. Welcome to the HAMB from a fellow Mopar lover. Any more pictures of the '64?

24. jughead2

jughead2
    from tenn.

dont know where my reply went. the only pic of the 64 is #655 62-65 superstock mopars. i have 2 or 3 of the 64 somewhere after we sold it running as "little sarah"

25. jughead2

jughead2
    from tenn.

26. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Please keep this thread going!

Really starting to like these MoPar's ever since A BONED purchased a '64 Polara HT.

I'll get him to post up some pics of the beast!

HC.

27. A BONED

A BONED

I was lucky enough to recently buy a 64 Polara HT from a great guy and fellow HAMBer.

Attached Files:

28. ardyboy

ardyboy

took this on trade for a drag car in the fall. Tried to post it here for sale but got the boot cause it's a 65. Under pressure now--I'm running out of room and my wife wants a new kitchen so it's off to the swap meets

Attached Files:

29. kdtjb

kdtjb
    from Idaho

heres one of mine

Attached Files:

30. mattsmopars

mattsmopars

Here is my 65 coronet wagon. I have added torque thrust to the front and a hemi scoop to the hood since the picture. Matt

Attached Files: