Register now to get rid of these ads!

94s 97s on sbc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greatlakesspeedshop1, Jan 3, 2010.

1. greatlakesspeedshop1

greatlakesspeedshop1

Hi all, I was just toying with the ideal of running 94s or 97s on my sbc. Would this be a pain in the butt ? or is there a setup that works well ?
    I love the looks of this setup (4 barrel intake with the 2X2 adapter). I would also like to run a mild cam to get that sought after rumble.
    OK lets here your thoughts

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      358.4 KB
      Views:
  2. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Very doable. Check my web site gallery pix for some ideas.

3. Won't need to worry about over-carbuerating.

4. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Happy New Years..Here is one I built on a custom 4 barrel intake. I used Stromberg 97s..
    Duane.

Attached Files:

5. I used to run two 94's on an adapter on my 350 sbc, they were linked in unison and only the front carb used the choke. It ran like a raped ape for the low to mid range but it ran out of steam pretty quick while trying to pass on the high-way or other higher rpm running. I want to say that both carbs would only flow about 400 cfm ( correct me if I'm wrong ) I replaced them with a AFB and sold the carbs to a guy with a stocker 36 with a flat-head and he is happy as can be. If you have a 265 or 283 thats basically stock, they might work out real well but not really for larger displacements. Just my 2 cents, Mike.

6. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy HALLOWEEN :D