Register now to get rid of these ads!

CADILLAC projects? - Any year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyfire, May 15, 2006.

1. Wicked50

Wicked50

I want to put a 365 in my '50 3100 Chevy truck is this traditional

2. boomosby

boomosby

love this topic! i have a two 60 verts, a 58 fleetwood, a 60 flatop, a 68 sedan deville, and just got a chopped 58 buick that has been bagged and 4 linked!!! ttt for the cadillacs!

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Here ya go

Attached Files:

4. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

5. Man I got Caddys out the ass...lol. I will get some pics soon, but my next project is going to be cuttin down a 37 Caddy four door sedan into a truck cab I am using on an 80's Chevy 1ton frame with a wedge car hauler bed. I also have a 39 Lasalle coupe that is very clean on the back burner for a project that is very clean. 49 and 56 4 doors, and my driver 69 calais coupe.

6. hi im 16, brand new to HAMB ive got a 53 fleetwood ive already shaved handles and trunk lid. the old hydro went out this summer, so im working on dumping a 472 caddy in so i can have something to cruize next summer.

Attached Files:

7. Hey hotroddub, glad you are saving one of these "tubs". Cadillacs from the 50's were of the highest build quality and deserve to be saved...even if a "moredoor". Maybe you can go with a lowered and black Gangster theme. Please don't paint the wheels red!
    Also, if you are thinking about a different engine, please keep in mind this can be a difficult swap. Frame needs major surgery to clear oil pump/filter and fuel pumps. Exhaust is also a pain to clear the steering box. BB Caddy headers are Almost $500, and need to be cut to fit 50's and 60's chassis.
    May want to look into a modern trans swap. Save your money and get a trans adapter from Bendsons. the original motor will be allot cooler, IMHO.
    http://www.transmissionadapters.com/index.htm
    JT

8. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Gotta 60 2dr hrdtp that I am working on. Plans are bagging it, maybe a scallop paint job, custom grill and new interior. Right now just getting little things done to make it reliable enough to take it anywhere I want to.

9. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Here's some pics of dad's next project, '47 Series 61.

Attached Files:

10. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

53' Fleetwood.
    After screwing around with it twice, The stock hydro is working just fine as can be asked for.
    This Spring will bring, a corvette Dual M/C, stainlesss braided front flex lines & axle connect line, carb rebuild, lifters replaced (Ones sticky), heater line repairs, new custom interior, new mufflers to give it some sound finally, rewire turn signal/parking lights, lower it W/ Cut coils and blocks, floor repair & custom made exhaust tips to bring the pipes back out of the bumper. and if i can find a better, non bent/clearcoated/ruster rear bumper, that too.

11. That sounds interesting. Any Pics?

12. OK, I've seen all of the pictures. You win !!!!!

13. sled

sled

48 caddy sedanette,series 62 on the go..already half parts,will start shortly...mild custom and already lookin for a 390/auto to drop in...nothin fancy,12v converted, lowered,shaved,cleaned up to have fun with...sled

14. BlownCad390

BlownCad390
    from Chicago

Here's my '57 Coupe DeVille.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 390/700r4 is getting installed as soon as I paint the engine bay. After that the body work starts and she's getting painted black with a silver top.

15. Please excuse me, if all of you have seen this build, but well worth a look for those of you whom have not. Don did a killer job of installing a late model engine in a '57 chassis. Car is very cool. Lots of build pics. Attention to detail is amazing.:cool::cool:
    http://www.donshotrodpage.net/Project-57/projectindex.html
    JT
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Ditto on that, we have been waiting for a couple of years now to see Don's '57 Caddy. It will be amazing.

17. Big Somoan

Big Somoan

Im trying to move on with my Caddy, Its a 65 DeVille vert. Its for sale!!!

18. roadkiII

roadkiII
    from charlotte

still plugging away at my 53 coupe. i have gathered up stuff to rebuild the front suspension, convert to disk brakes, and hang a turbo behind the 365 i picked up for it.

anybody used one of those isky cams they are selling on ebay? was wondering if it helped and whether it created any problems.

19. Master of None

Master of None

I'm currently working off and on, on my moms 47 caddy series 75. got a fat man stub and planning on a 472. Also thinking Westergaurd style fadeaways and several coats of gloss black paint.

20. curbdogs

curbdogs

yeah here's a few of my project I got from orig owner now I just have to see what info I can get on where it from and what not ...

Attached Files:

21. 1951fordf100

1951fordf100
    from Idaho

Heres my '52 on the back burner for a bit. Just happy to finally have a caddy. I've got my eye on a '48 four door. Might have more rust than I want to deal with, although it is 100% complete.

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      516.8 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      504.1 KB
      Views:
  22. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

nice '52, I just picked one up myself a couple weeks ago, 100% complete, no rust (just surface), hopefully getting it back on the road by late spring after a minor resto.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Hey Captain Morgan, nice series 62 coupe!! That is one stylin ride. Love the patina, gonna roll it as is or squirt it the same color?
    JT

24. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

thanks. im not 100% sure what I'm going to do with the paint yet, I definitely won't keep it green, but right now I'm just looking to make it mechanically sound.

25. Hey, if it's got too much rust, then just fix it, drive it, and enjoy it.

No one says that they all have to be pretty....

26. Verminator

Verminator

1937 60 series paddy wagon/utility/rescue unit???? Never seen anything like it. It's not a standard flower car or fire engine setup. Picked it up about 10 years ago...what a sick piece: step bed with diamond plate floor and tool box/seats over the rear wheel houses, tinned between front seat and back, 32 chevy hood louvers over rear windows, rear access door from bed. 74 Impala rear in it now and Ihave an 80 Caddy 368/th400 waiting for it. Too many projects on the front burners !!!

Attached Files:

27. Verminator

Verminator

2 more crummy pics --- damn crummy winter weather....grumble, grumble

Attached Files:

28. JoshM

JoshM

3 years since my Tommy Boy incident, and my '55 has a hood again! It's a '54 hood, but I'll make it work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Spike58

Spike58
    from DFW

1967 Cadillac Coupe Deville[​IMG]

30. Spike58

Spike58
    from DFW