Register now to get rid of these ads!

C9 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retorq, Nov 23, 2009.

1. I missed that, but had Jay written it, I too would have been sure to read it. :D

2. sololobo

sololobo

R.I.P., my brother, your wisdom will be missed. Healing love sent out by The Roadburners of the midwest. ~Sololobo~

3. tdoty

tdoty

Wow! I'm at a total loss. I don't know what I could say that hasn't already been said.

My condolences to Jay's family and friends.

Tim D.

4. 53choptop

53choptop

I'm in shock, i just saw this and cannot believe it. Our prayers go out to the Carnine family.

5. sad news. R.I.P. Jay.
    Al.

6. hi all! your thoughts prayers and posts mean so much to sweetie (a.k.a. my mom) and me you have brought us great joy in your posts! you know my daddy loved posting here. i was lucky enough to be able to tell him how in awe i was of intelligiance, humor, wit and his awesome ability to figure out and machine allthe pieces and parts he did. i told him this about 2 weeks before his passing and also told him i loved him. see daddy was kinda quiet, shy and reserved, but was one the most genorous, giving ,and highly intelligent man i've ever known! he was beyond genius at some things. we thank all of you for your posts and cards! it's tough but i can still feel him with me everday. so muchluv and thanks to all! i hope you don't mind an occasional post or ? fromsweetie and i once in awhile i feel it keeps my daddy a little closer to me! thanks to all from Jay's 2nd favorite daughter deb.

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

We would all love to keep hearing from everyone in your family...he'll be missed here, as you have read... were here 24 hours a day...Doug

8. Very sharp guy, always willing to give helpful info. R.I.P.

9. Scott

Scott

10. Toner283

Toner283

He will be greatly missed. Like many others I never met him but reading his stories always brought a smile to my face. My condolences to the family & friends.

May there always be blue skies & green lights for you C9. RIP.

11. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

WOW, i was doing a search (I know I actually used it) for a lesson on roadsters that I knew C9 had answered a question for me and found this post.

I am in total shock. And truly saddened. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I have never met Jay in person. But he was the best Hot rod teacher on this site to me. He took the time to explain things so I could understand them. He made me feel welcome.

C9 even gave me an A+ one time. The only one I have ever gotten in my whole life.
    Quote:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by 08racer [​IMG]
    I Mean stanchions!! Sorry typing to fast at work and not proof reading.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Good boy.

A+ for you....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All kidding aside, if you do a 32 stanchion area on the A cowl, take a look at how the 32 is reinforced on the inside.

Take a look at an A as well.
    They both have a sturdy - 3/16" - piece the stanchion bolts to.
    <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
    Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

C9

12. slammed

slammed

This loss really hurt's badly.........goodbye C9.........

13. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OH NO!! :(:(:( I really liked Jay! Always a really nice guy and always enjoyed his posts.

Very sad news!!!!!

RIP

14. What a bummer! Passed by this thread several times tinking it was just another guy asking for some information or solution to a problem from Jay. I waited to click on it because I saw it was getting large and I figured I'd wait till they got the problem fixed and get the whole story at once, knowing too well that Jay would solve the problem in his even tempered, objective and positive manner.

Well you could have knocked me over with a feather when I read the first post and I kept reading hoping that it was a mistake until I read Denise's post and then ...........

Well having read all the other posts there's not much left to be said since I'm no where near as good at expressing myself as Jay was. Thousands of people will miss his stories and technical advise.

Dennis

PS, Deb, it's obvious that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Your posts tipped the capacity of my eye sockets......

15. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

That truly sucks. He will greatly be missed. I always welcomed his advice and knowledge.

Sad days indeed.

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just noticed something else...

Unless I'm reading it wrong, he was the 43rd HAMB member. Is that correct? That is way back, for sure!

17. NealinCA

NealinCA

I missed this...and am in dis-belief. He was a great help to me when I was building the chassis for my rpu 5-6 years ago. Answered many a dumb question...

God bless you Jay.

Neal

18. rockfish

rockfish

As someone who doesn't post as often as I probably should, I feel a need to express my sadness at the passing of a wonderful human being. I can recall a few posts and p.m.'s from Jay to answer what were probably silly questions to most, but Jay would always take the time to offer a detailed answer. I grin a bit as I recall his enthusiasm for the the use of a plastic/teflon material he referred to as UHMF (ultra high molecular weight material as I recall). I'm guessing he did more for the sale of the material than any Industrial Salesman ever:) Just a rambling memory of mine. I won't even start with how much I enjoyed his stories of his youth. A class act that I never met but still had an influence on me. My condolences to Sweetie. I can only try to imagine the sense of loss you are feeling, but take comfort that he is in a better place. God Bless.

Kris Kosidowski

19. He will be missed.....................

20. Zeke

Zeke

I'm still in shock.... Jay was a friend, a brother and a mentor. He wrote the foreword for the first Hokey Ass Cookbook...I lack the words to express what a loss he is not just to the HAMB but to everyone he touched.

21. Mart

Mart

Wow! just found out about Jay's passing. He was always very helpful to me. Always took the trouble help like taking snaps to illustrate various parts of a build.
    He was an asset to any board he frequented and will definitely be missed.

Mart.

22. I'm just a new guy but I happened on some of Jay's marvelous stories a week or so ago and was captivated. I searched out many of his other posts and was amazed at the wealth of knowledge and kindness that he shared with everyone. A good example to all of us, I think.

I only learned today of his passingand I can't tell you all how sad I feel. What a loss! I feel like I'm a day late and a dollar short because I didn't get to know him. How unfortunate for me.

I offer my sincerest and deepest heartfelt sympathies for Jay's family. From his writing I can tell that he loved you so, Sweetie. God bless you All.

23. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Are ther 2 C9's? Just saw some posts by him this morning.

24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Probably an older post, check the dates. His stuff shows up in a lot of still active threads. Damn I miss him.

25. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

You are correct I should have looked at the dates before posting this.

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Yeah me too.:(
    i went back and was reading some of his old posts and almost went to PM him to ask a question when the loss of him,hit me again:eek::(

27. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know how you feel. My Dad has been gone for three years now and I still want to call him and tell him things....C9 was kinda like our Dad in many ways

28. Special Ed

Special Ed

It had to have been a terribly difficult time for the family at Christmas...If we miss him this much, think about them.

29. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

man, I'm late on this one... I was hoping to see a birthday post. Damn... I never met him nor ever really interacted with him on the site... but he was a great one for sure.

30. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Wow... just saw this. Jay was one of those rare old guys who didn't have a stick sideways up his ass, was creative as hell, and could write it all... fact or fiction. I'll miss hearing from you, old man...