Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bizzare Fatal Accident Involving a '65 GTO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mart3406, Dec 18, 2009.

1. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

Yeah,,kinda of a tingling with a ringing in your ears.

2. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

...Well i was thinking of making the Cadillac a duel M/C in the spring already.....Now its at the top of my damn list!

My condolence's.

3. draginsteel

draginsteel

What a story! I guess we'll never know the reason why and I suppose if I had my druthers I'd rather go out like that from high cholesteral.

4. 80somthin audi 5000 it was the cruise controll module if memory serves. my mom owned one. funny thing was the throttle stuck on her... not because of the "defect" but some dipshit mechanic left a screw driver inside the car and it stuck the pedal. she drove it home that way.. white knuckling it the whole way home lol... you should see her on a quad lol

5. sorry to hear....same thing about that Toyota thing - take it out of gear?:mad:

6. oh yeah and the media called that model the runaway audi lol

7. Ditto!!!

8. 54 savoy

54 savoy

9. 54 savoy

54 savoy

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's pretty much what I read but as one of his near contemporaries at 63 I can well tell you our reaction time can be quite a bit slower than when we were a third of our age.
    Add to that a car that you are no longer totally familiar with, parts that may be 44 years old and the location where it happened plus the fact that he chose to bail and you have a lot of issues.

The police officer in the Toyota with the floor mat stuck under the gas pedal had time to call 911 but didn't think to kick the car in neutral and let the engine blow while he coasted to a stop or gathered his senses and took further action.

The gent with the GTO is a sad deal all around. He got his dream car and got killed the same day. A great loss to his family and friends and we lost one more car nut from the fold.

11. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

-----------------------
    Good idea, but I truly hope you meant "dual"
    rather than "duel". The thought of having
    two master cylinders involved in 'one on one'
    armed combat seems pretty bizarre!
    :eek::eek::eek:

Mart3406
    ==============================

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009