Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Correct, the Impala never ran anything but B/FX. Shortly after the Nationals the car was sold to a gentleman from Pitt. named Ralph Fischer.

2. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

3. OLD-OLD TIMER

OLD-OLD TIMER
    from indiana

Sorry you all are right only Zintmaster changed to steel they did't have 2 cars

old-old timer

4. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

Interesting............thanks for the history

5. jkperformance

jkperformance

I dont want to stray too far from the Jr Stock thread. But this car I know very well. Zintsmasters aluminium car was built on July 31st 1962, shipped on August 3rd. He did have steel car that he had been running all year prior to the delivery of the aluminium car. It was driven by Tom Crutchfield. The aluminium car recieved a new Hayden Proffit shortblock between delivery of the car to the dealership and the Indy Nationals.

6. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Junior Clark was the owner of the aluminum-equipped '62 Impala that was driven by Ronnie Sox. I have a photo of the car that Iv'e been trying to post but a young nephew of mine goofed with my computer and did something to my computer where I'm having trouble adding attachments to E-Mails and thread posts. Patience please and I'll figure this out in a day or two. Thanks!

7. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

this picture is from raceway news may 10 1970 robert

Attached Files:

8. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

thank you for fixing the image of skips 57 chev as you can see my computer skills are not the best'

Robert

9. Skip Asay

Skip Asay

"Skip -- did you catch him?"

I don't know. That was Frank Thompson driving. He bought my then SS/PA and converted to stick.

Robert Wilson -

Thanks for posting that pic. I never took (or had taken) very many pics of my cars but that's the first pic I've seen of that car since 1970!

Skip Asay

10. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

Thanks a lot Skip, now 'OK' guys ... Doug, Bill, Vern, Pete, Dom, Keith, Tom ... 'dig out' all of those Skip Asay images you have and POST THEM! Lets have a little "Skip Asay Retrospective."

11. WGuy

WGuy
    from Central NJ

I'll have to contact him and let him know about it. I haven't heard from him since he bought the car. I wonder how much progress he's made on it.

I'm not sure if I have any more pics of Skip, but I'll look...
    Verne:)

The day he picked it up from me. Rainy and cold.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  12. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

Thanks for the great (previously unposted) picking-up-your-car image Verne. Now how bout you other guys ... where are all the the Skip Asay 'Skip's fleet' images?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  13. BadNews

BadNews

Was this car sold to Brian Heney of Foster & Heney's '66 Bel Air P/SA ?
    If so, I have a picture of the car from Raceway Park, where I worked as a tech inspector in the mid to late 70's. That car ran in Trophy Stock for a while, then in Heavy Eliminator (X) bracket class. I was looking for the first, of my many, '66 Chevy Biscayne & Bel Air 2 door sedans (and an Impala wagon) at the time. I just finished a '66 Bel Air 2 door sedan for street/strip and show. I'm looking to build a clone of a junior stocker for the nostalgia circuit. I'm currently searching for 4" and 8" Cragar S/S rims and a couple of decals to complete the look. I'll post a shot as soon as I can figure out how to post a picture on this sight.

14. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

this is from raceway news may 1970

Robert

Attached Files:

15. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

the 66 chev yellow bel air four door my brother and i sold to mike rodgers around 1972
    he ran a 57 chev wagon he installed the motor and trans from the 57 and put it in the 66 bel air.

Robert

16. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

"BadNews" See --> http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4687708&postcount=5078

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  17. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

Hi Guys and Gals, The '61 is owned by a fiend of mine's father-in law. My friend IS aware of the thread here and the York Reunion. He attends the Good Guys event in Ohio which lately has fallen on the same weekend as Darwin's show. I usually see him once a week so there is plenty of time to get that ol' bubbletop ready!

18. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

this is a picture of our 66 chev wagon i am on the left my brother charles on the right

Robert

Attached Files:

19. Islandworker

Islandworker
    from Illinois

Now there is a guy who definitely belongs on the list Mike Rodgers ran that 57 wagon in Division 1 for quite a few years and was one of the nicer people I ever met Anyone remember if the wagon was a stick car? I know it was a 2 barrel car.

20. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Here's another pic of your 57 Chevy on page 122 of this thread:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201085&highlight=skip+asay&page=122

Regards,

Pete

p.s. Robert: did you run a Plymouth Duster in the early 1980s at Raceway Park in Street Eliminator? If not, there's another Robert Wilson out there! :)

21. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time! Last time I saw Brian it was about 20 years ago (yikes!); he was behind the counter at Frank Maffiore's "Ask Frank First" speed shop and used parts store in South River, NJ. I was told by a good buddy of mine that Brian at that time ran a SS/? 1966 Chevy II.

Regards,

Pete

22. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

Mikes car was a stick i though it was a 220 HP with a 4 barrel not sure about the carb.

Robert

23. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

i stopped racing in 1974. started racing again in 2001 when i retired. there is a lot of Robert wilson's out there. popular name.

thanks Robert

24. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

when i went back to see Skip Asay's 57 chevrolet i went back to page 120 and saw a picture of the 66 chev P/S . i did not even knew who i was running. i though i was running Malone Rodriguez & Kennedy but it was Ed Franks. must be old age.

thank's for posting that picture

Robert

S

25. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

26. Logus

Logus
    from Pa

Wasn't Mike Rodgers' wagon named something on the order of:
    "Ni-Ni Nit-Nat's Paddy Wagon"
    I doubt if the spelling's right, but something like that, always got a kick out of the name, if we're talking about the same car.

27. Old Tech Inspector

Old Tech Inspector
    from USA

It was a 4 speed when 4 speeds were dropped for 57 Chevs. which is why he stopped racing it. He had a 1960 4 door sedan for a while, 4 speeds were still legal at the time.

BTW Bob a good friend bought your legal?? 1968 belair 4 door 6 cyl 4 speed car, also yellow of course amazing how fast the car was...The Lunati Cam was the secret to the 250 cubic inch's success.When we took it to tech. at the summernationals at E town Greg X thought it should have been in Modified production but it passed tech.

28. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson

my brother and i put together a 69 chevrolet 250 6 with a 4 speed it was yellow also we sold the car to charlie troy i wonder if it might be the same car considering it's a rare combo i think we sold the car in 1974
    Robert

29. Islandworker

Islandworker
    from Illinois

Think you're right. Very unusual name.

30. Islandworker

Islandworker
    from Illinois

This was fun to watch. A clip of Joe Amato's late 30's early 40's A&A speed shop car and a hack job of the rear fenderwells on a white 55 chevy at Island that should make you cry!