Register now to get rid of these ads!

F1 Guys, can I get a pic of your firewall?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SMOKINFLATHEAD, Dec 28, 2009.

1. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

I am working on the cab to my truck, I want to weld all the holes that aren't needed closed. Can I get someone to show me a picture of the interior: i.e. the speedometer cable routing, the wiring, anything that runs through the fire wall. Thanks in advance. Jay:)

2. Give me a minute, I've got a stock 49 in the shop. I think I can get a coupla shots

3. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Thanks, Charley. I thought about just PMing you but........

4. Ok, not the best but maybe it'll help. Let me know if you need anything else and I'll try to do better:eek:. Stuck some pictures of the 48 in there also. Glad to see someone is working on their project!

Attached Files:

5. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Question, in the first picture(top left) What appears to be a hose is the vacuum hose for the wiper motor? and the cable in the same picture is the speedo cable? The E-brake lever, and the hole above for the wiring harness, I am aware of. Give me a minute and I'll show you the fire wall cover and the holes that I am trying to figure if I need or not.

6. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Couldn't find the paint shop program to circle the holes. The left is the hole for the wiring harness. There is a hole on the angle at the relief for the engine( don't know what it's for) I believe from the pictures you posted the two top center holes are speedo and vacuum hose, The last one ( can't figure it out).
    [​IMG]

7. Firewall view
    No speedo cable on this one! The larger hose is the vacuum line for the wiper, the one that looks like a speedo is the choke cable. There's also a misc wire someone stuck in. I'm not so sure that the speedo goes through the firewall. Nice Floor on here just completed a very nice semi resto.. I bet he would know. He's on my friends list.
    I went back to the shop and took another picture from the firewall side and tried to label it.
    You think maybe the extra hole is for the throttle cable?

Attached Files:

8. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Well, It looks like maybe the tube in the middle of the fire wall on the last photo you send could be a control cable for the vent to the heater? I Thought the speedo cable came through the floor but do not know, as mine didn't have one in it. I guess for the most part I will be filling all the holes but the e-brake, and the wiring harness. I plan on an electric wiper motor. So, that said I'll plug the ones on this cover I don't need with some black plugs from radio shack or something. Thank you very much Charley, last thing if you could show me where the speedo cable goes...........

9. The 49 didn't have the cable, I quess the po didn't need it.. Here's one I had in my files, probably stolen from the HAMB. Hope this helps.
    I've been checking your album, looks like you are making progress.

Attached Files:

10. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

All of the pictures help, Thank you so very much. The progress is still in motion. I took this week off of work to try and get the cab in primer. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I hope to have more progress to show you in my album by the end of the week. Wish me luck, and thanks again. Jay

11. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Weld them ALL up, then drill fresh holes where & when you need them!!!