Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harbor Frieght deal for New Years Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Dec 26, 2009.

1. I stopped up at the sort of local H.F. today. They were giving out cupons for 25% off any single item purchased on New Years day ONLY. I asked the angry lesbian cashier if it was for all H.F. stores and she said it was.
    I know not everyong digs their stuff but some of it is OK. I got the official "fat guy" lowprofile creeper for $20 and 3 packs of butt welding clamps 8 clamps for $4.99
    Just though I would share the sale with ya's. Todd

2. lol i know they got some real cheapo tools, but when you need something in a pinch on a low budget that place rocks! so thank you for the heads up!

3. And you can't beat that angry lesbian service, either. Because if you try, she'll kick your butt.

4. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

was it the berlin ct store you went to , chop55bc and i went and there were only one pack of clamps left , but i managed to pickup a hand seamer ,and had fun dodging the shopping cart mob ,and managed to see the zombie isle where it looked like everyone was sleepin!

5. I havent had any problems with any of their tools yet..until I do I'll continue to shop there and get shit dirt cheap..thanks for posting this I'll check it out!

6. they have a new toolbox that is red and huge. i keep looking at it and seems pretty nice. better than the old sears one i have now. and at a good price.

7. yep, some of there stuff is good enough !

8. ^^^^^ and thank you for the heads up.

9. Joe,

I went to the one in West Warwick Ri. It's about 25 min from me. Do you need some welding clamps?? Just say so and I'll get them from the store here. They had about 10 packs on the rack. Todd

10. Her flannel shirt turns red.

11. I don't care who you are... That shit is funny!

12. chevyshack

chevyshack

maybe she just ate at the Y and it was that time of the......never mind. EEWWW!

13. billygoat67

billygoat67

we actually have a harbor freight and northern hydrolics [or how ever you spell it] in des moines ia. when ever i go visit my daughter in des mojnes i have to go ther to get my guy fix. the norther stuff seems better quality and they do sell name brand , if that matters any more. but i buy welding and grinding stuff along with sandblasting supplies, and their prices are fair. have even bought trailer lights and such.

14. billygoat67

billygoat67

oh yah forgot to mention havn't seen any angry lezzis there just cute straight girls so thats a plus.

15. As much as people bitch about Horrible Freight, there sure are a lot of threads about 'em! I got the black tool cart for $99 with a coupon in SRM, real happy with it. That said, I wouldn't buy a jack or power tool from them, though.

16. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Some stuffs good, some not so good.

Great for consumables, or tools you'll just beat up. Leary about stuff with more than one part or that has moving parts.

25% off makes it sting less.

17. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

I have a couple of their power tools, and some of the air tools. They have served me well for probably 8 years now. I like their stuff as long as its not for everyday use. I am an electrician and use Klein for work tools, HF for the stuff that gets used less often, but it vital to have.

18. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I like H.F.The Pittsburgh brand are lifetime guarantee.Almost all tools r madein Chinaq now why not get them at the cheapest prices which hf are.I wouldnt buy auto body tools there but when your doing restorations and paying 40.00 a gallon for filler,200.00 a gallon for primer(HOK Kp2cf)& 300-400 for base/clear ya gotta save money somewhere.A lot of Eastwoods stuff is made in China and there way Overpriced. Just my 2 cents.

19. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Buying at HF is just like high school. We all wanted to date a cheerleader but usually ended up with something cheap and easy.

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True some of their stuff is pretty crude or needs to be redone to work right but I have two of their angle grinders = 4" & a 4-1/2 and the buggers keep on working year after year. They are inexpensive enough so that a guy can have several with different disks or wheels on each one and not have to stop and swap back and forth.
    Next trip I'll pick up a 20 ton bottle jack to use with the homemade Hydraulic press frame I picked up on Craigslist the other day.

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll have to see if I can score one of those coupons. Last time I was there I walked every isle and didn't find anything I'd drag home. Maybe at 25% off I'll pick up a new caster wheel for my trailer.

Frank

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  22. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

our check out girl was cute, but she did have a really deep voice.

23. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

x2 on that those panel clamps cant be beat for the price ,the eastwood ones are the same but but about 3x the price of the harborfreight

24. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i'm sure most of you know it,but there is a 20% off coupon in most all mags every month.like i said most already know this...bye

25. I like buying the Vise-Grip knock-offs that I can weld over and grind off later, same with center punches, etc... I bought a tailpipe expander that survived just long enough to get the job done for $8. Sure it's junk, but you can't complain when you know that's what you're buying before you pay for it.

26. Based on the amount of posts a lot of us go there for the same reasons. I think they use the grocery store strategy with shopping carts and arranging the goods so you pass by the bargains on your way to what you came in for. It works, I have never went in and came out with only one item. I think it is time for the return of the ole' local speed shops, sort of with the Cracker Barrel theme where you can go and eat with your hot rod buddies and while you wait browse around a bunch of tin car signs, headers, automobilia, diecasts, and other hot rod parts:eek:, Hmmmmm........ it's nice to dream!:)

27. Well said!!!!
    A number of those cheap tools do just fine... The $10 air chizel I bought cut up my 60 chevy just fine and outperformed my old $100 cp chizel, and my "earthquake" impacts kick ass and outperform my half pricey craftsmans everytime I use them.
    Cheap tools aren't always the best, but until you break em, they usually do the job great. Harbor freigt unibit sets, (step drills) are a great example. While i've busted most all unibits I've ever bought i've yet to break one from harbour freight. this at a 1/4 of the price!!!

I also liked the engine stand I just bought, but i'll keep my feet out from under it.

Oh, by the way, Their motor stands were the same ones pictured in the jegs catalog that I just got.
    And their furniture dollys are half the price of the $20 I just spent at menards.

28. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

I stopped in at HF onetime and bought a blast cabinet, the only problem was getting it home 300 miles in a 04 gran prix,:eek: I was going to just get my money back but my wife said bS! so we took it out of the box put part of it in the trunk and the rest in the back seat,my son was in front and she had about one foot of room in the back to travel the 300 miles! Whatta Gal!:D

29. Speak for yourself...I dated a cheerleader, back in the day! Didn't have to settle for cheap and easy. Started out with quality, and never looked back!

You know, you guys that are willing to use what are basically "one-use" tools are not saving money at all. Kinda makes me wonder what the quality of some of the builds are, using these "one-use" tools...think about it. This is bound to piss someone off, I'm sure.

30. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I don't mind buying the HF tools that I only use once in a while or a one time use BUT all my hand tools that I use all the time are Craftsman , SK and MAC !

RetroJim