Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show off those Christmas gifts!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by freeflynstl, Dec 25, 2009.

1. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

Where did you get that? That looks sweet!

2. eightbanger

eightbanger

Two year subscription to TRJ and center caps for Skylark wire wheels going on my 65 Riv soon.

3. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

New shop vac.

4. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper

Today we celebrated with my wife's family, tomorrow we celebrate with mine. So far, I got an oil filter wrench from my step-daughter along with a book about Route 66, a Doc Hudson matchbox (from CARS), a case of Guinness from my step-son with a note saying "thanks for working on my car", a couple thermal shirts, candy and beef jerky.

5. My family chipped in to get My O/T 1979 Ford f250 Supercab painted. :D:cool::D I got a call from the painter on Wednesday....it's in paint and next week they will finish putting it back together. right?! I know.... awesome.....my family rocks!

6. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Well I hate to brag but my Father-in-Law got me a aspirin bottle of rusty screws, a piece of magnetic tape and a string of dingle balls.

I gave him an old shop rag, a dirty single spark plug wire, a crummy machine tool light (the bulb might actually work) and a grimey set of worn out valve springs.

It's become a tradition every year for us to exchange gag gifts (none store bought) and actually the nieces and nephews say it is the highlight of the day.

7. 41 C28

41 C28

My bargain sniffing daughter gave a Tonka Boat Transport Truck with the original box that she found at an estate garage sale for $2.00. I'm hoping for a sand box for Father's Day.

Attached Files:

8. mostly got money & clothes but for items that you guys would be interested in I got...

neon hot rod garage clock for the shop
    [​IMG]

bought myself a ford 9'' rear end for my '30 coupe project
    [​IMG]

pinstriped tool box
    [​IMG]

keith weisner poster to add to my collection of his posters
    [​IMG]

subscription to amusin' kruisin' pretty much the only hot rod magazine I didnt have a subscription to already
    [​IMG]

9. Gator

Gator

A new floor jack, several new Hot Rod books and a HUGE Rat Fink bank.

10. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Wow,after reading all of the above....I have realized that my family truly does hate me.

11. brady1929

brady1929

i got a 12 ton harbor freight press, a gen 2 compact air cond module, and a clutch.
    santa was very good to us this year.

12. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I got to spend it with my first grand-child. A baby girl just one week old!! Oh yeah, and the wife said that I could buy my newest barn find.....a 64 Ford Fairlane Sports Coupe. Soon to be a Thunerbolt look alike. I know its supposed to be a 2 door post. Hey, beggars can't be choosers.

13. 41 C28

41 C28

Thats the best great Christmas gift. My granddaughter turned 10 on Christmas eve.

14. 29 de soto

29 de soto

I was shocked!!! I opened a real light box and it had tickets for a flight,room and barrett-jackson,for two.wow I was speechless!

15. cretin

cretin

I got a new shifter and shift knob to go with the new trans that's going in the '54.

[​IMG]

And a set of tires foir the Model A. No I've got no excuse to not make the model a chassis a roller.

[​IMG]

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My mom dug this out and gave it to me
    [​IMG]
    Her companion of 20 something years had it stashed away before he passed away a couple of years ago.
    Other than that it was
    one flannel shirt
    one quilted flannel shirt
    one hoodie
    magazine rack
    Can of Almond Roca
    Laptop desk for my lap (no more hot laptop on the boys)
    Bottle of wine and a bottle of Black Velvet Reserve.

The car goodies will come when my bonus from work shows up. Me to me stuff.

17. Got the threesome box of Smokeys book

Best Damn Garage in Town.

What a great read from a keeper woman :D

Oldmics

18. willymakeit

willymakeit

A new dog for me and enough money for a new carb and dizzy.

19. roddinron

roddinron

20. Surely they don't hate you....just don't know how to shop "car" like I don't dare shop "purse" for my wife. :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Finally got a garmin,now I can go on these wild goose chases looking for cars with a little more confidence that I will at least find it:D

22. silversink

silversink

hey your wife shopped at the same store as mine. Heading to the So cal store in the morn for new carbs., after that I see a new welder.:eek:

23. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I tend to chase wild geese with lead...

I got some car cleaning stuff (shamies, dusters, wax, armor all, tire cleaner, all that fun stuff)

couple pairs of new shorts..

and 2 223's I need to pick up from a HAMBer as soon as this damn weather clears up..

Oh and lots o' candy in my stockin' and some smell good...gotta have the smell good..

Oh and money!

24. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Got this copy of CAR toons
    from my daughter to add to my bathroom decor

Attached Files:

25. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I got tools.....lotsa tools....you know, the kind you often need once in awhile but dont wanna take the funds away from the project to buy em to make your life easier?

S Wrenches, Angle wrenches, stubby wrenches, obstruction wrenches, impact sockets of all types and crows feet...(She's a keeper)

But the coolest gift I got was from my 4 year old hot rodder son....he wrapped up and gave me his prized racecars (hotwheels) as well as his favorite monster truck...

I lent them back to him for an indeterminite amount of time...I thought the thought was awesome that he would be willing to give up his favoritest belongings to the dude thats the enforcer round the house....

He's a good kid.

Finally my wife got me the most expensive present anyone has ever gotten me....its the second time she gave this present to me...I'm pretty stoked. Seems we'll be welcoming another prospective hot rod kid into out family in about 7 months...hopefully this one will go all the way to fruition unlike the last pregnancy.

Here's hopin...

Yeah I know its after Christmas...but merry christmas blokes....I'm still listening to christmas CD's scince the radio aint playin it anymore.

26. chopcars

chopcars
    from new york

i got a new hot rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

27. vernmotor

vernmotor
    from ohio

Well I got the reg-stuff shocks- flannel shirts-jeans- But best friend is a painter.does air blush stuff...He call me a week ago say Hey..you a need a file cabinet .we been cleaning out this old office building..I say yea I could use one...so today he shows up with it! Did't tell me what he had done to it !! VERY COOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Congrats man, that's good to hear, another hot rodder,,,,cool

29. CINCUENTA~TRES

CINCUENTA~TRES
    from BC, CANADA

I got a mutha F'n SLAP CHOP! your gonna love my nuts...its the only thing i wanted....my lady thinks their is something wrong with me because i paid more attention to it than the 149 piece Black Chrome socket set she got me..haha. Dont worry guys iam back to normal..haha.

Attached Files:

30. So I posted this on another thread, I'm just too damn happy about it! :D
    [​IMG]