Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm askin' Santa for a good December Banger Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Hey guys...if I don't get the chance to get back on here this week, have a great Christmas holiday and best wishes to you all for the new year.

Darren

2. I use a group 1 6 volt. On that exhaust, don't over tighten the rear clamp, the exhaust moves a little. I'm referring to the "stock" rear clamp/bracket.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. Put the rotoflos on finally and am going to register her very soon Fellas. My A has not been on the road since 1966. I will keep you guys in the loop about what happens when I go to register and how much work it is as there seems to be numerous threads going on the main forum about "fake" and "real" frames+cars. Mine is all Henry real with a clean frame number.-Weeks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you bangers out there. The HAMB is cool but I think the banger guys are the best no BS just great guys. Thanks for all the info and 2 cents over the last year. It was a good one

[​IMG]
    special thanks to Rich (electrodude) for his Photoshop help
    later Bill

5. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

looks SWEET Weeks if you had a real winter you might find more time to work on it :)
    stay warm keep the pics coming
    Bill

6. andyg

andyg

happy holidays to all. may you all have peace and fast bangers!

7. I have been on the almighty quest for a new job with another HAMBer also in the mornings here. We both have miniscual jobs at the moment just getting by barely. In my spare daylight time I spend it helping/learning from the local Model A restorer here as he lives 2 blocks away and is beyond a wealth of knowledge. He has quite a few active restorations going on right now. I reserve my nights for working on my car and cleaning up parts. I am lucky as the shopspace I have stays about 20 degrees warmer then the outside temps. Its roughly 50 degrees most of the time so its shorts weather for you and freezing for us lol. Thanks again Bill the card was a real hit with everyone here in Bako :D.-Weeks

8. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Guys, As if this line of questioning doesn't hint of the fact that I'm on holidays!!!!

I was wondering ..... yet again.

Could someone please measure their banger for me?

1) the length of a banger from where a B mount (or the front float-a-motor mount) bolts to the timing cover, to the rear of the block
    2) the depth of the flywhel cover
    3) the depth of the bellhousing, and
    4) the length of the gearbox - A's and B's.
    5) 28-29 A distance b/w rear of the block and the lower middle section of the firewall, and if you have a banger in a 32, the same distance.

Thanks, and may all you banger guys have a safe happy festive season, and a great bangin' new year.

9. All measurements are approx. and in inches. From timing cover to back of block is 22 3/4". A or B flywheel housing is 3". A bellhousing with A tranny to U Joint cover is 15 1/2". B tranny to U joint cover is 15 1/2". You can use a A motor with A or B tranny or a B motor with A or B tranny and it comes out all the same length. Hope this helps.

10. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

A bellhousing is 7 1/2" AA bellhousing is 5 5/8"

11. BLUTO!

Received a short note from Bluto today in reply to my Christmas greeting question of "Are you there" He said he was there and trying to stay there. He has had some very serious Back problems but is still on the right side of the grass.(Actually, he didn't make the remark as to the grass but I thought it worked!)

A Merry Xmas to all !!!

12. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for the measurements guy - I appreciate your help - now out to the garage - where it was 98 degrees yesterday!!!!!

13. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Good to hear that you talk to him Bill. I pmed Bluto 2 3 weeks ago and asked him to come out and play but no word.

GET WELL BLUTO AND HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS

14. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm trying to use the AA bellhousing....my T-5 is not going all the way in...I'm thinking of changing to the A bellhousing....My question is do I have to do anything to the imput shaft to use on the on the AA ..thanks

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  15. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Are you using an adapter plate were the trans bolts to the bellhousing?

Did you check the pilot shaft diameter on the trans in put to see if it will fit into the bearing in the flywheel?

What clutch disk are you using?

16. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm using the Dwight Bond adapter, pilot bearing and clutch disk from Cornhusker....I checked the pilot bearing for fit along with clutch disk....all fit nice...I'm wondering with my using the AA bellhousing its causing the problem....

17. Merry Christmas guys! I took the coupe for a spin to Breakfast on Saturday. She hadn't run in 3 months or so, fired right up and did great in the pouring...better then snow anyways!

Have a fun one!!

18. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I thought the Dwight Bond adapter was for the AA belhousing.

Have you tried contacting him ?

Is it possible that the snout on the trans main shaft bearing retainer is too long and hitting the clutch disk center?

19. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I dont have contact infor on him....

20. Timberbeast

Timberbeast

With Dwight Bonds adaptor you need to trim 5/8in. from the node of the input shaft. File a small radius on the of the cut to allow easy centering in the pilot bearing.

21. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm not the brighest crayon in the box...what is the node???

22. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It's a lot like a nose but different

23. 97

Just a slip of the finger away!!!:)

24. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Ok I had a brain fart.....cut off 5/8 of the nose....I'll have to check that out

25. oj

oj

A friend gave me these pics of a banger they are restoring. The engine is interesting and i thought you guys would appreciate it. He gave me a ton of pics but for privacy i'm not including anything identifiable to the car. But it is the real deal, if i get his permission and you guys want i'll post more pics.
    My buddy poured gas in it retarded the spark and fired it up on the crank and it ran, he sent me a video of that. He thought it was the first time in decades that it had been started.

Attached Files:

26. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Looks like some 16 valve maybe a Roof? On a "T"?

27. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

That is F'n bitchin' !!!!!! Ya, I'm thinking Roof head. Yes, more pics and video !!!!!!!!! Pleeeeeese.

28. HAPPY CHRISTMAS, MERRY NEW YEAR. Well yesterday I took a big leap forward with my car. She is now licensed, registered, and insured. PM me for details if you want to know how I did it. I bypassed the DMV completely because of their lack of respect and the amount of crap they wanted me to go through. When you are told by a person that your car can be confiscated on site because it has not been registered in your state since 1966, I am sorry you are not going to get my money to justify your job. Maybe a complaint is more in order as the lady behind the counter seemed as though she was on a power trip. For the people by the people does not mean you are above the people, it means you have taken upon yourself serving the people.

Anyway I am roadworthy now completely sans parts being put on the car to make her a driver. Oh and Santa Claus was on duty at the local AAA yesterday ..........hint,hint. Not as good as BCCHOPIT Bills picture but an honest effort :D-Weeks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  29. Roof, looks like pictures I have seen online and in books.-Weeks

30. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Here is some pictures of a Roof BB OHV .

The exhaust is different, but the valve train looks the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]