Register now to get rid of these ads!

Toys of Christmas past....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pitts642, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats the set I had as a kid, came with two black ramps. Man they were a lot of fun!
    Doc.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. No joke,,A Red Ryder BB gun (and no,I didn't shoot my eye out) which I still have to this day and a Davy Crockett coonskin cap. HRP

3. Astrochimp

Astrochimp
    from NE Mo.

[​IMG]

I still have parts of these. Look like from aobut 71-72

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had several of those ! I remember there were 2 size's - one was about 1/32 scale, the about half that size. I remember they came in an aqua color, also.

5. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

SSP's or SST"s can't recall the name off the top of my head, I had a yellow car and you would put this t-handle cord down into it and pull real fast set the car down and let it go. My mom is a Pack-rat and has a old 1800's farm house with a attic the size of most house and every thing from our past is up there and we have been going though all the boxes and getting my old stuff back, found my org. hot wheeels case with all the redline's in it and most of the track.:D

6. stevenp

stevenp

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

[​IMG]
    today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mine From the late 60s early 70s.. :)

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

slot car sets,hot wheels.still have most.and one of my favorites.big brusier wrecker,with the wreck truck.anybody got one of those?

10. Old61

Old61
    from PA

Sizzlers were the best. I had the gas pump charger that had the big button on top to charge the cars. I propped a chair on top to charge the car over night. It went 376 laps before it finally ran out of "gas".

11. I got Hot Wheels sets for Christmas,birthdays,etc. I had enough track to go from one end of the house to the other and back. I had several of the things that had spinning wheels inside to reshoot the cars around. Man oh man I wish I had them now.....

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Yep, that be me - 1951. Gary

Attached Files:

13. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Anyone rememer Clyde's Car Crusher? , I still have mine....

Attached Files:

14. Weasel

Weasel

X100 water propelled rocket. It came with a bicycle pump and you filled it half full of water and then pumped it up to create pressure. When released the safety catch and woosh - it would shoot up into the sky. The instructions said to pump ten times - 100 pumps was not uncommon for some of us kids - hell, man had not yet reached the moon....They were red white and blue and had a yellow rubber nose tip. They were good (= dangerous) for shooting at your buddies. If one of those ever hit you you would have some serious bruises to prove it.

The other great present was my Scalextric model racing track - used to modify all the cars - maybe that's where I got started on this messing with cars thing.

15. fenian65

fenian65

SMASH UP DERBY CARS!!!! wow i loved those things!!!

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember the Air Jammers? Pump up the air tank then let the car go, had a motorbike too.

17. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

I think I'll be here in this thread all day waiting for mor pic's of toys.:D

18. Astrochimp

Astrochimp
    from NE Mo.

The ones with the ramps had gliders on them?

I have most of the same cars, thought my folks gave them away until last fall when I found the box.

David

19. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

Not a toy, but this year my son got me a Bendix 2spd coaster brake hub complete with shifter for a future Schwinn project. I had one on a bike as a kid and he found it for me on E-Bay. He works at a bike shop and will lace it to a rim when I decide what size(Sting Ray or Full size). Cool gift

20. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Let's say a prayer for all of the one eyed kids out there that got a BB gun for Christmas. Love the Bass Pro ad showing the kid unwrapping a Red Ryder carbine.

Merry Christmas and yes, I have several examples of the Christmas Story 1000 shot Red Ryder carbines with a compass in the stock!

Attached Files:

21. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

thats what i remembered as a lad. Evel was the shit!!!! OOPS PIC DIDNT COPY
    (INSERT EVEL KNEIVEL STUNT SET PIC HERE)

22. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

I still have my 2 original GI Joes (one Soldier and one Marine) from 1962. Got one for Christmas and one for my birthday in January. I had a big orange Tonka dragline and also a cement mixer and dump truck. One of my favorites was an Eldon Demolition Derby figure 8 electric race track that had parts that would fly off the cars when they hit. I also still have the original Aurora race track my dad got me with the original AFX cars and also some extra "magna traction" cars with it too. One I am particularly fond of is my old Sears electric football Superbowl game when the Jets beat the Colts with Joe Namath going against Johnny Unitas still have all of it as well.

I like this thread, brought back some fine memories.

48 Poncho

23. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Yes.. The Ramp pickups had the Gliders.. I still have those too..

All the items shown in all the threads bring back memories.. Thanks Guys..

24. Spooky

Spooky

I LOVE old Hot Rod toys, Hot Wheels and Structo trucks.

Attached Files:

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got one of these one year.
    [​IMG]

It came with the cars and all accessories and the building had to be put together. I was probably five or six and my uncle who is ten years older than me helped me put it together right here in the living room I am sitting in now.

I finally got a Red Ryder bb gun a couple of years ago when my son bought me one.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  26. Flatman

Flatman

Vertibird.

Flatman

27. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

I went to jump mine onto our coffee table and the ramp was a little bit to low. Long story short, Evel had a little head injury.:p

28. RichG

RichG

I have one of those draglines sitting out in my garage, just needs new string for the bucket and crane :D

29. Not car related, but anyone remember a large ball of string that when you unwraped it, it had small toys hidden inside? Also how about the secret agent spy case, a briefcase with a gun that shot plastic bullits out the side?

30. how 'bout the Jonny 7 gun that shot plastic bullets and rockets
    jonny 7.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.