Register now to get rid of these ads!

Toys of Christmas past....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pitts642, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What toys do you guys remember....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  2. 54 savoy

54 savoy

anyone remember the cars you crashed together and parts fell off,

3. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Yep, I remember those cars that blew apart when you wound them up and ran them into something. Jeez, that memory had been buried a LONG time.

4. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

I still have one of those cars...

crash.jpg

5. 54 savoy

54 savoy

yeah,i've been searching,not the crashmobile,i was a 70's child,one was red,white and blue . like cut said think they had a rip cord to go.

6. r8odecay

r8odecay

My earliest and fave was my Evel Knievil wind-up Stunt Cycle. Wish I knew what happened to it...

7. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

I wish I could afford one of these...this one is going for over 800$ on ebay...

erector_set.jpg

8. 54 savoy

54 savoy

smash up derby

9. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I was three and receive a wooden car and truck that my grandfather made in his harness shop. Wish I had them now. That was 1946.

10. 54 savoy

54 savoy

E.K. stunt cycle was the coolest

11. 54 savoy

54 savoy

sorry pitt but you asked,lol
    [​IMG]

12. 54 savoy

54 savoy

we had an old furnace with a big grate and the first time i lost a door down there,granpa got it for me a little melted but i still played with that thing forever,maybe why i got into 50's cars,that or his 56,or they're just cool.

13. My brother and I had hour's of fun with one of those sets when I was a kid, but mine was not the stars and stripes model . That really brings me back to my childhood.

CBB

14. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

One of the few toys I remember having as a kid was the Rockem Sockem Robots. The first "splurge" I spent on myself when I got out of residency was for a vintage set of those. I still have them.

Doc.

15. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I still have all of my old toys....

Wife says I'm a pack rat....gonna have to haul the stuff outta the boxes and see whats there....the attic is full, I been hauling the stuff around for years....

16. 54 savoy

54 savoy

hey crazy,this them?[​IMG]

17. Yep that's them. WOW.

CBB

18. 54 savoy

54 savoy

never seen a playmobile before,pretty dang neat.

19. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

This is more along the lines of what I remember. Mid-60s.

20. 54 savoy

54 savoy

yeah,pitts i don't even know how much stuff i put into that furnace grate,especially when i got into model cars and star wars,cool thread pitts, think you have all remembering the good old days,

21. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I remember the crash and smash cars. I also had a Cox gas powered funny car.
    You put a string stretch between two nails and let it rip.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Thats the ones i had. And i also had the formentioned evil knevil stunt cycle and stunt car but my brother and i blew them up with cherry bombs years ago.:(

23. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

I've still got a cox vega funny car,pinto funny car and front engine digger as well as a near mint in box testors vega funny car! :D

24. Muttley

Muttley

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that Smash Up Derby set, I had one of those in the mid '70's.

25. 54 savoy

54 savoy

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two toys I wanted as a kid were "Jimmy Jet" and "Mighty Moe". Got a Mighty Moe. It was a plastic spring-loaded cannon that shot plastic balls. Jimmy Jet was a jet cockpit with sound. Remember "Tip It"? It was a game with a plastic guy balancing on his nose. He had two metal rods, one on each side. You'd spin a wheel, and have to load as many plastic "washers" onto your side as the spinner said. Whoever was the first to tip him over lost. Used to play that for hours. How about "Spirograph"?...plastic gears with multiple small holes. Put your pen in a hole, and run that gear around another and make designs. Slinkys were always fun. Got a boomerang made by Whamo. Had some fun with that, but lookout! One of my favorites was an erection set......ugh......make that an erector set! But now that I think about it, that other one was hours of fun too. Still have mine. Lost the original box it came in though, and it doesn't work as good as it used to.:D

27. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Totally had these and the Evel Knievel stuff.....and got this too...
    [​IMG]

cant imagine why I went on to build racecars and fabricate signs...
    Louie

28. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I bought an AFX track and alot of cars this year for my twin girls .They love em .I rebought all the same cars I had when I was a kid ,And also I bought the batmobile the one with the flip front blade ,Which im currently restoring...

29. RAY With

RAY With

Well in 47 I got a steam engine and still got it and it still runs. Very cool toy and a couple of years later a huge erector set that kept me busy for many years to come.

30. RichG

RichG

I had the smash up derby cars too, and the Evel Knievel stunt cycle.

The best toys I had though were from my Uncle Chano, he was a merchant marine, and he would bring me old Japanese and Korean toys. I had a couple tin VW bugs, one was a bump and go, the other had the corded remote, it went forward and backward (so cool when I was six!). I had a walking puppy that would bark, he had the corded remote too so you could take him for walks.

The one I remember best though was the semi truck and trailer that took two D cells in the trailer. The cab lit up and it would pour smoke from its stacks if you put sewing machine oil in it! I'd love to have any of those toys back, we moved so much all that stuff is gone in the wind, along with my Dad's trainsets from when he was a kid:(...BUT my kids just opened their presents, and Dad had just as much fun as his boy playing with the "Mater the Greater" stunt set:p

Merry Christmas everybody!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.