Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another car goes over seas, 53 Cadillac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedmitsu, Oct 1, 2009.

1. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

My old 53 Cadillac is on its way to Sweden. I sold it to a friend who put it on Craigslist. I didnt think anybody would buy this car off craigslist but its going to Sweden now.

[​IMG]

2. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Another one bites the dust. And hey I recognize two of the ppl on the right. Sup guys!

3. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

so long to a neat car

4. Blown66

Blown66
    from sweden

I can´t wait for it to arrive, I just fell in love the first time I saw it some years ago. And when it came up on craigslist I knew that I had to buy it.

5. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Beautiful piece of steel. I've sold a couple of Cadillacs over to Sweden myself.

6. hvychvy

hvychvy

Killer caddy-so long!!The cool thing is,looks like you saved it,now it will totally have another life,where it will deffinately be enjoyed by a whole different group.Maybe weird,just my way of thinkin.

7. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I liked that cad it had a certain attitude that just worked for me.I had a 32 roadster go to Denmark a few years ago,would liked to have kept track of it.

8. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

just sold mine to a dude in Australia, looks like we're the 3rd world country now!!!

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

I sold a Devin to a fellow in Italy years ago. Somehow it makes me feel good knowing our stuff is appreciated overseas.

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

damn swedes!
    haha.
    cool car.

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I've known of quite a few cars that got shipped to Sweden over the last twenty years or so. Lotta motorheads over there. From what I've seen on the Internet y'all even hill climb with some of this old iron! Cool! Beats the hell out of trailering it every where!

12. Us Kiwis love your guys cars too.
    Sell them cheaper.
    We need more of them.. lol

13. anyone who pays that kinda money to ship a car overseas ,will most likely take really good care of it...

14. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

I think this is the same car i feel in love with at Viva a few years back. I wish I had known it was for sale. Damn!!!!

Big Rich
    Lonely Knights

15. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

That's a beautiful car, it will probably need it's own ship - it's so big.

16. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

i tried to sell the car a few years ago with no luck. When it wasnt for sale, i had offers left and right. When it was for sale no takers, at any price. Finally i got frustrated and traded it. My loss I know it now.

It was a gorgeous car and yes alot of people loved this car, and i drove it to viva a few times.

Heres a good thread on the car here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175004

17. wvenfield

wvenfield

Lucky guy.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

going by my ebay sales I'd say most stuff goes to Australia, with Sweden coming in second. that's parts... cars may be different.

what suprises me is very few parts went to Japan

19. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

hey man, im trying to sell my 50 chevy, does anybody think it pays off to put the car on ebay. My problem is im so lazy i hate writing huge descriptions and posting 500 pics lol.

20. Don's 55

Don's 55

Man, I hate to see you sell that car.
    How about taking it to the Pomona Swap?
    If people see it, it will sell it's self.

21. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

problem is I work on the weekends. So I cant ever get to Pomona. Do you know when the next one is?

22. Blown66

Blown66
    from sweden

The caddy arrived yesterday to northen sweden..

[​IMG]

23. Thats an awesome car.

24. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

can anyone enlighten me on the economy in sweden? Sounds like the dollar is 10X stronger there then here...

25. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I posted a '59 DeSoto 4dr Sportsman For Sale CHEEEP last week.

Only a couple HAMBers replied but said they had no Money.

Second day i had it listed on FORWARDLOOK i had a guy in Sweden say I"LL BUY IT.

Waiting for Money to arrive right now.

It is a bummer when cars go over seas, But if Americans won't step up to the plate to buy them ... Whats a Seller to do ?

I personaly have 8-9 cars, How many can i save cus the Car Buyer in the U.S. are Low Bucks ?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'd like to see it get painted.. then it would be tits.

27. Conrats Blown66, it sounds like you got what you wanted.........are snow tires next, now have fun!

28. Sorry Zman, a paintjob would make that car look like so many others, that patina is real (I hope:eek:) and priceless.

The thing is that for us 'foreigners' the USA is like mecca...can I say that?:eek:
    We are generally so jealous that you guys live(d) the American dream and the best we can do is to read about it, watch 'Hollywood' portrayals of it, or spend a motza and buy a relic from it. Occaisionally we may get cashed up enough to come visit you.
    We really feel for your current situation(well, I do anyway) regarding the financial downturn...you guys are hurting and we read it every day on the HAMB.
    Just rest assured that when a car leaves your country to go to Europe/Aussie/ NZ/ Britain etc, that these cars are going to your brothers in Hotrodding, not some bogun chainers who don't give a shit .
    The Rod in my avatar was bought from Lynn Refior in Alamosa, Col, and its a sweet build from a cool guy. I'm gonna be buried in that fucker so don't fret, we love you guys and feel your current pain. May it be over soon.

Blown66....you're a lucky fucker, that sled is orsum.:D

29. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Bullshit, it'd make it look good. Patina is just stupid like that. Especially on a Caddy. It's also rusting. Protect the damn thing so it lasts.

30. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Wasn't that owned by a member of The Scoundrels at one point?