Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coolest thing you have ever found at a wrecking yard???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jokerjason, Jul 23, 2009.

1. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

ha ha falconvan thats the best salvage yard story ive heard yet ,

2. Doktor Hug

Doktor Hug

yeah, the stories from 15+ years ago are cool, but I remember when U-pull it here had tons of cool stuff. Can't think of the last time I saw anything older than a 1980 that was worth pulling apart.

3. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

------------------
    I guess she just got all excited looking at
    all those old cars! I know it works that
    way for me, anyway!:D:D

Mart3406
    =======================

4. lorodz

lorodz

i found this at a scrap yard.it was bare as you can find i built the whole car in 6 months than sold it to a guy in cali...it has been sold a couple times after that now it is dismantled
    [​IMG]

5. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

In the early 70's in Pack's Wrecking Yard in Fort Worth Texas, I came across a 1963 ish Ford Falcon Ranchero? It was painted up with lettering of the World Record holder and had Thermoking Diesel power painted on it. It was apparently used at Bonneville Salt Flats? I don't know if it was a support truck or the actual record holder. I have never been able to track any data down for it. It was rusted bad. I don't think it survived.

Last week, my boss mentioned his name.....he knew old man Pack.

Strange world.........

6. Might have been the only time HE got all excited. Gotta strike when the iron is hot!:D;)

Oh yeh, ran across a 67 Valiant 2dr. sedan today. Too bad I'm not a MOPAR man anymore.

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

8. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

found these magnesium 15x8.5" torque thrusts in a junkyard and had to give 20 bux a piece for em ..... and can ya believe the guy didn't even clean em up for me , i had to do it myself, and they were filthy . LOL

[​IMG]
    Shot with KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-11-09

all cleaned up with a set of 10.00 radirs mounted up

[​IMG]
    Shot with KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-04-21

jp

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
    Kevs56 likes this.
  9. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

I found a really fat headed jerk at the salvage yard close to home. He will not sell you the parts off any of the older cars, he says they are the "Bosses" project cars. He also makes sure his goones follow you every step you take in the yard. This happened twice and now I don't go there.
    :cool:

10. latest...an old 1951 3/4 Ford truck that showed up at pick and pull...and that's being picked over...and after going to look at it again for any thing I really need...I looked behind the seat on the seat strap an odd square card board piece...getting it out it's not that readable but you can see the Dealers # and 1950...it's not cleaning up real well...but wonder if it's the orginal for the truck?

11. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

I found a few cases worth of empty steel Budweiser cans in an old 40 something chevy. Car was hit hard in front and rolled, but beer cans were perfect!:D

12. falconvan

falconvan
    from festus, Mo

Yea, it freaked me out; she's usually not the kind of person to go for a public place. We're not kids anymore, after all. I should've brought that van seat home with us.

13. I gotta go find my wife everytime we go to a wrecking yard. Started when we were in before we got married the first time.

I'm thinking that she is "cool"(?) you may not think so. And I have found here in a wrecking yard dozens of times. So I guess I find the coolest stuff in a wrecking yard way more than anyone else.

14. Silver coins under back seats.

15. cutitweldit

cutitweldit
    from Illinois

4 chrome plated 1935 Ford wire wheels in great condition....100 bucks! Perfect condition 70 chevy truck bed with all the chrome trim 50.00! Perfect guide headlights with the top mounted glass turn signals 20 bucks... found at a dirt floor speed shop/junk yard in Arkansas. Found an Oliver riding mower free...Sold on ebay to a collector for 3000!

16. younggun13

younggun13

these are some sitting in a yard right now + some 0/t 60's cars

Attached Files:

• 41.jpg
      41.jpg
      File size:
      98.1 KB
      Views:
    • 57.jpg
      57.jpg
      File size:
      72.7 KB
      Views:
    • 59.jpg
      59.jpg
      File size:
      66.7 KB
      Views:
    • buick.jpg
      buick.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • t-birds.jpg
      t-birds.jpg
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
  17. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I found some new, never used aftermarket quarter panels for my 58 Willys wagon, got them along with a batch of other stuff for $35. SBC Edelbrock intake for $25.
    I once found a box from a creamatorium, luckily it was empty.

18. falconvan

falconvan
    from festus, Mo

Yea, she's definately pretty cool. She always been supportive of the car mania and goes out of her way to make me feel good. I'm not ashamed to say that she takes really good care of me and I'd be a mess without her.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

A friend found one of those lights that the pizza delivery people put on the tops of their cars that light up but I dont know what he ever done with it.

21. Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  22. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Where in Mass is this place?

23. didn't find this stuff at a junkyard but i found the original punch card for my 1950 dodge and a card for the jager clock underneath the rear seat (the punch card got ruined :()

24. ezdusit

ezdusit

In Biloxi, MS, in about 1975 I found a set of 5 Kelsey-Hayes chrome wire wheels from a 1962 Ford T-bird with the roadster option. They were in mint condition and even had the spinner caps. They were hanging behind the counter and were on consignment. I offered the guy $135 and went home with the whole set. I ran them on my '59 Ford retractable for years and eventually sold them for $1,200.

25. 64chrysler300

64chrysler300

good complete ford 9'' w/ 3.25 gears out of a 1972 f100 in the local pull a part for $100

in the same yard, ford horn ring emblem, rubber ring, and contact off of a 60s ford truck horn ring that was junk and broken for free

also saw a 1950 cadillac 4 dr in there with dry rotted white walls it was ROUGH but complete. i thought it was pretty cool though

26. ROADMACSTER

ROADMACSTER

Original club plaque from the fifties. Was laying in the mud, just enough sticking out that you could tell what it was. Gave it to one of the original members of the club. Rmac

27. Found these today at a yard I used to manage. Paid $100 for a set of 4. NOT for sale so please don't ask.

Attached Files:

28. my dad found a 3x2 edmunds y block manifold in a old millitary service body in some guys junk yard that had been closed for 20 years, but the guy let us in anyway. paid $50$ for it..

29. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

I found a new yard Friday across town but worth the trip. I took My 5 yr old daughter and she found a 4lb civil war era cannon ball and I found a 1969 Georgia tag in good condition. The folks were super nice and I be going back when I can free-up some more cash.

30. mckustoms

mckustoms

Bought an old electroline headlight for 20.00. Just thought it was cool. Found out they were pretty rare and sold it for 500.00.