Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 32 3-W Survivor "Tuffy" part 2

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kisam, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Louie S.

Louie S.

Girl hell she has more cool stuff than must of us guys, i want to be adopted!

2. kisam

kisam

You are hearby adopted "Brother Louie"!;) Hope you had a good Birthday!

We need to recheck our measurement and the rearend is ready to be welded (actually it's Tanya's rearend that we are using for mockup, until I get some parts for the QC). We should be ready for a mock up roller at this point.

3. do you guys think you could speed it up a little? I mean you've only had that thing since like august....I'm really jonesing for a fix over here....;)

4. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I love this car!

5. kisam

kisam

I love yours as well and have been watching your build with great admiration. Your attention to detail is incredible. And if you keep letting your daughter in the shop - she will end up like me.;)

6. Kathy, wake up! You're public awaits!!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  7. kisam

kisam

Lee and Louie came over yesterday to play! We got the rear end tacked in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lee trimming to fit x member.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Somebody was talking for the engine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got it on the ground. (Still waiting on parts for the quick change rear end that I will use)

[​IMG]

Might as well put the wheels and front end on.
    Break time. Louie resting.

[​IMG]

At this point we decided before channeling the car again that we needed to use the frame to help get the body squared back up and replace the wooden supports. About that time, Tanya showed up so we had four of us to put the body on the frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was hoping for a roller by the end of the year. I think we made it! Lee and Louie, I cannot thank you enough! The next plan is to replace the wooden supports with metal and build the floor.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. And more lights! I really like your shop/bar, it's awesome to have a decent place to hang!!!

9. diggers4life

diggers4life

Looks bitchin' Kathy!
    keep up the good work.

10. Looks great! Louie is a Hell of a fabricator, good to have him and Unclee on your team. You're no slouch yourself.

11. 31modelo

31modelo

Keep the updates coming. Glad to see the progress.

12. Dirty2

Dirty2

Looks good un channeled ! And all that room !

13. DDlova

DDlova
    from Virginia

to unchannel that car would be a flat out crime! i hope to see those rockers and the grille shell dragging the ground again.

Dave

kidcampbell71 and Nailhead A-V8 like this.
  14. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Looking good Kathy...wish I could have been there.....what parts are you needing?

15. lorodz

lorodz

looking good keep it up ..

16. Rusty

Rusty

17. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

That car would look good channeled or high boy, even better in my shop! Good job, keep it up.

18. Louie S.

Louie S.

Its coming, he will be draggin pavement in no time. We are going to fix the inner structure before we move on, it would make you ooh and ahh again before long. we just ran out of material.

19. Kathy will put that car the way it was fifty years ago; she appreciates history. The car is in good hands!

20. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

hell yeah, looking good!

21. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

22. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Way to go Kathy!! I am totally stoked for you. Three window '32 is really the only one to have. That, or a five window coupe.

Coupes rule!!!

23. WOW Kathy.....Great Progress on the coupe!!!!.....I just came in from messing with my "newest" project in the shop, looked on here, and am impressed with all of y'alls progress and the "I'm gonna run the QC attitude"....love your attitude:cool:....it will be worth the time and effort.
    What a nice Christmas gift to see your accomplishments:D.

24. A bit of inside info; The car will be channeled, but not as deep as it was, sorry.

I was extremely worried about getting the body squared back up as the hinge posts had deteriorated and the trip to Texas had moved some things around. But, after we got it sitting back on there and doing some shoring up I see that it's not so bad. We've come up with a plan to use some tubing and all-thread for bracing, that way we can jack it around till it's just right, then Louie's gonna fab up some new hinge posts in steel and also brace across the top. There will be room for the wood kit for the top, as it has to have that tuck & roll insert!

It will be a few days before we can work on it again, but in the mean time Kathy has her list of things to acquire, send off, or research. There was some discussion last night of whether to get the rear end narrowed and then order the wheels, or get the wheels and then determine the rear end width?

25. tinmann

tinmann

When I tackle a wonky body, I construct a "box" out of 3/4" square tubing and plunk it in the center of the body, attached to floor or better yet frame. Turnbuckles in every direction like an octpus on steroids allow me to make small adjustments. Reference marks on the "box" allow me to center the body and make sure one side mirrors the other. Just a little unsolicitated advice......

26. kisam

kisam

Thanks Michelle and Skotz! Skotz, this QC is kicking my ass. I am still learning, but I may have to farm part of it out. We will see.

Lee and Louie gave me a homework list!

Tinman, that is a great idea! Do you happen to have a picture of your invention. You should do a tech on it! I wish my 83 year old Dad was down here to give guidance. He had a heart attack yesterday. Had 99% blockage in one artery but they got him fixed up and he is doing well. He actually drove himself to the hospital and hour away before he had the attack.

27. Dirty2

Dirty2

Kathy , sorry to hear about your Dad. Hes in our Prayers . Your cars looking great !

28. i checked at the home improvement store, and the 3/8" turnbuckles are only a couple bucks. That is actually the answer!!! Thanks dude!

29. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Glad to hear your dad had foresight enough and the gumption to drive himself to the hospital. Sounds like one tough dude. Glad to hear he came through.

God Speed.

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wow! how did i miss both these threads????? killer find! your really doing it justice! congrats to you!