Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found a racecar in the woods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Dec 20, 2009.

1. strawberry

strawberry

everything there is worth saving one way or another, even if only to build nostalgia racers and look at them,

2. WOW,you hit the jackpot! Save 'em all man have some fun with yer ol' man restoring that stuff. If you don't find someone who will. We need more tri-fives on the road instead of that rice burner stuff.

3. The fender flairs on that VETTE ARE RAD!

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yes, you can hear a heart break when a car guy finds it:(

5. scrape

scrape

save all the tri5s and scattered parts.... even the squashed blue 55 twodoor.... id save the vette too... i could use a pice of the dash for the blue 55.... also a clutch/brake pedal assm. and a gas filler lid door.... haha...

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Get the car out and rebuild it !
    I would try to get all of the car out to save from the crusher !

RetroJim

7. Dan57

Dan57

the front seat from that 4door is probably worth 500 bucks the way it is.

8. daliant

daliant

Wtf is with those fender flares on that vette

9. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Soooo.... whats there to save?:confused::confused::confused: What would he do with it after he dumped a bunch of money into it? Just wondering.:eek:

10. onedge

onedge

well i say work on the deal, that many cars would take a little time. Get the dirt tracker, and all the usable parts off the rest. good opportunity to teach "how to take a field car apart"! enjoy!

11. aceuh

aceuh

Maybe some cool wall art like you built out of that Impala front end??:D

We're still trying to get our ducks in a row as far as weather or not they just want us to clean it all up, or if they're going to sell us whatever we pick out...or if they're going to let it continue to rot.

In all honesty, it's a horrible time for me to bring anything else home. We're in the middle of a move (yea that means two house payments for a bit) and the new place doesn't really have any space. I've already sold my 64 Impala and have another one of my trucks for sale. Hopefully the sale of our old place will allow us to put up a garage at the new home...hopefully.

The wife really wants me to come up with a way to build a bar in the basement of the new place out of some type of 50's car parts. I don't know if we're going to try to use a dash like the nova one that was posted here on the HAMB or use a front or rear clip. I'm up for any suggestions if you guys have any.

My pops wants the military trucks so bad that he can't see straight. The only one of the cars that I can see being worth putting back on the road is the 2dr 57 (might make a cool beater). As cool as I feel the stock car is, I'd have to come up with a way to haul it (no heavy duty truck/trailer in my possesion).

I assure you that if they tell us to go ahead and get this place cleaned up I'll make sure that anything we can't use gets passed on to someone that will.

Let's keep em outta the crusher!

12. 427c.i.

427c.i.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This one re-appeared last year, Sammy Lee's "Green Weenie." This guy was local legend in central Illinois when I was a kid. Great to see these cars being saved. Here's a link to the site ...
    http://illinoisvintageracing.com/index.php

Dick Trickle's restored Mustang is on there, as well as a lot of other cool old race cars.

13. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Josh, you are kidd'n ...aren't you?

14. Doug B

Doug B

A+ I think thats all any of us really wanted to hear. Thanks

15. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

sorry but the 4 door seats dont bring that, actually you are very lucky if you get that out of a 2 door 55 seat in that condition

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Some off the wall Vette guy would probably want that Vette.

17. I can hear the critters running around in that stuff just by looking at the pictures.

18. ron1970nova

ron1970nova

even the vette is rusting....lol

19. phukinartie

phukinartie

Cool pics!thanks for posting, Best of luck in whatever happens :)

20. piero

piero

Cool!!!
    Thanks .....

21. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

That corvette reminds me of that movie "Corvette summer". Looks like someone tried to move it reciently from the looking at the left rear tire, and fairly fresh dirt (lack of tree debries)behind the car . Hope everything works out for you!

22. Between all those cars a good body could be put together. The 4 door 55 appears to be pretty solid. I think I'd use it to hang a pair of tudor quarters and doors on to make a solid 55 tudor sedan..
    Orrrrr....do a 2 lane blacktop car with radiused wheelwells...hunt down a pair of 'glass doors, glass decklid and hood..lexan windows. Hell, there's enough stuff there to start a great project. I've personally started with less. I'd be really excited if I found all that stuff and there was a possibility I couild get my hot little hands on them.

23. lorodz

lorodz

this thing is still in the woods ..comon i woulda had it in the garage already ...lol...

24. DDlova

DDlova
    from Virginia

i agree on the 'vette. there's alot of brush collected up in the front too under the brakes and suspension from where it looks like it was dragged a bit.

there's definitely some cool stuff here, not sure how much of it is really saveable. the Chevy's all look pretty rough. the racecar it looks like has no floors and rockers left anymore as you can see right through it in one of the pics. the military trucks do look like they are in better condition?

Dave

25. daliant

daliant

I wish that tree would have fallen on that vette insted of the 55

26. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I'd gather all those Tri-5 parts up, and rebuild that Stock Car. Who wants another restored or Hot Rodded '55 Chevy.... Not me.

Fix it back like your Uncle built it new. Now that would be cool. I've got dibs on lettering it.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

27. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

Do it.....take it all......it'll be fun!

28. Looks to me like the two old Dodge Power Wagons are in the best shape of all
    that stuff...........

Not exactly hot rod material, but they might be sellable to a Power Wagon fan.

Those piney Georgia and Florida woods are not always very kind to old cars.
    Looks like maybe enough stuff to put the race car back together.

29. historynw

historynw

Get the stainless trim and the seats. The little stuff can add up to some money to pay for the bigger items your going to need.

30. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

interesting stuff there. grab every piece of tri-five you can, no matter the condition. people go ape shit for those cars and eventually they will be similar to a model t, people building cars out of a cowl and roof........

plus that shit is just plain cool-except the corvette, scrap that this second and forget you ever saw it...