Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1955 pontiac kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RI5KY, Dec 19, 2009.

1. RI5KY

RI5KY

hey

I have just purchased a 55 pontiac star chief mild Kustom and would love to see some pictures of other kustom/mild kuctom jobs on 55/56 pontiacs. Also if anyone has any pictures of the pontiac that i have purchased or any history on the car, could you please tell me.
    Attached are some pictures of the pontiac i have recently purchased and is in the process of being shipped to Australia.

Attached Files:

2. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I love 55 Ponchos. One of my favorite customs and I've wanted one for awhile. But I had a 53 fall into my hands, so thats what I'll build, but have 2 in line in front of her, so she'll have to wait for now.

Thats a real nice car you got. Good luck with her.

3. RI5KY

RI5KY

Thats a real nice car you got. Good luck with her.[/QUOTE]

thanks very much. appreciate it.

4. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

that thing is wicked lookin. good luck with it!

5. madpole

madpole

my '55 i sold a few years back. does yours have the stock engine?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

good buy I have seen that car in my neck of the woods for years....heres a couple of my friends 55. Have fun with yours

Attached Files:

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Your Pontiac is Bad Ass!!! Perfect IMO!!! WOW!!!!

8. RI5KY

RI5KY

thanks for all the feedback guys.
    the car has a 235 chevy in it. which is perfect because here in Australia, because im only 16, i can only drive a 6cyl until im 21:( which sucks but hey.. if the laws wern't like that id never have this car.

9. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Super Kool Poncho!!! Have fun with it!! Really 16--a 6 cylinder until 21??

10. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

It looks like Kustom55's car.......or old car? Who did you buy it from? I have 2 55 Ponchos. Welcome. =O)

11. madpole

madpole

"which is perfect because here in Australia, because im only 16, i can only drive a 6cyl until im 21:( which sucks but hey.. if the laws wern't like that id never have this car."

that is an interesting fact i had never heard of. that is still a great cruiser with the 235.

12. One hell of a car for a 16 year old! Strange law-no V8 for 5 more years. Is it displacement restricted? Or simply no V8s? Lots of speed equipment on the market for that 6, you might want to start out with a header and a dual carb intake.

13. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Have you seen how they drive in Oz?!?! They figure you need time to mature! Most countries have a restriction of some sort AND if you take your driving test with an automatic transmission, your license won't allow you to drive manual!

14. twofosho

twofosho

I'm curious what was used for a transmission behind the Chev six. Original single coupling Hydro with a Chev sedan delivery transition bell? Powerglide? Later model auto (like T350)? Stick shift of some kind?

These cars were never offered with anything but a V8 (287 CID to be exact) stateside, and, at least here in the states, stick shift (manual) transmissions were the oddity. With a 235 Chevrolet six, could this car be Canadian?

15. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Looks good....hope you enjoy it and it will be the bigining of rods and customs for life!!! 16 and a 55 buick...OZ has some good kids!!

16. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Could be Canadian......But I thought they called them something other then Chieftains and Star Chiefs? Like Laurentian?

[​IMG]

"The '55 Pontiacs in Canada were available with two new V-8s: the 162 hp Strato-Flash in the smaller Chevy-bodied cars, or the 180 hp Strato-Streak in those with regular Pontiac bodies. "
    [​IMG]

17. Good looking car mate!

18. wvenfield

wvenfield

I have to figure someone here knows the story on the car. Looks like a U.S. car but as noted, the Canadian Pontiacs got the 6.

I have a 56 Chieftain but it's nowhere that far long yet.

19. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

here is one, sorry it's not a 55 but still cool!

-Saint

Attached Files:

20. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

workin on a 56 chieftain hardtop

21. the canadian models had chevy running gear in them. the front fenders were shorter also. i do believe they shared the same wb. as the chevy's: 116/117" vs. 122". real nice custom.

22. 7d4gto

7d4gto

here's a buddy of mine 55!!

Attached Files:

23. cool 55 man!I ve got a 56 canadian laurentian,the canadian cars had a 261 six ,basically a bigger displacement version of a 235,and they also had smallblock chevies with pontiac script valve covers.mine is basically a 56 chevy,except for the rear quarter panels ,front fenders, hood and ,dash.all that stuff from the chevy could interchange with my car.one easy way to tell which one it is is to look at the firewall if its the same as a chevy,its probably a canadian car,the american one has a totally different firewall.cool, nice to see another pontiac on here.

24. Rusty52

Rusty52

Very cool custom....you don't see many people willing to mess with doing the custom Poncho's, but they are wicked cool!

25. RI5KY

RI5KY

thanks guys.
    the car is backed with a turbo 350.
    I purchaced the car or a guy called John ( Big daddy ) and he was selling it for a friend.
    yes the laws over here are stupid!! like a modern v6 would go harder than an old v8 but we still cant drive them. its crap! We also cant drive turbo and supercharged cars until we are full licenced at 21 years old.
    My plans for the car would be so put a split headers or it.. i think Fenton headers are the go. I want to get a tripple carb setup. but i thin i will only connect 2. just to save on some fuel ect. but i am not sure what manafold and what carbs to run. i was also thinking about geting a finned rocket cover and side plate. The are some very niced finned offenhancer which i like but they dont have the side plate and rocket cover in one as far as i have seen. But on ebay at the moment there are WAYNE rocker cover and side plate which look fairly good. Down the track i think i might retrim the car in white tuck n roll. But in the mean time i will just drive the wheels off it:) ( when it gets here that is )

26. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

BigDaddy here on the Hamb?

27. Brandy, he said it was a six-holer. Ozzie car...

28. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

heck yes bigdaddy on the HAMB, I sold the car for a friend Ronnie, who bought it years ago from Erik. There has been quite a bit of work since... Curtis I am calling the shipping comp on Monday with hopes of a Tues drop off..... I am stoked you like the car so much!

29. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

So it did belong to Kustom55. It didn't have a 6 cyl when he had it did it?!

Chili, they didn't have that car in Oz.

30. RI5KY

RI5KY

John.. you have no idea!! every day i just stare at the photos of it:) i love it! Thats good to hear. i was spewing.. the car will miss out on the Australian Kustom Nats by like 3 weeks:( But thats ok always next year:)
    Good to hear from you John