Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Buick Drum/Hub Wheel help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by triton6972, Dec 17, 2009.

1. triton6972

triton6972

I'm running Buick Drums and hubs on my round back spindles with adapters from 29Rat. Everything works perfect, but now I'm looking for wheels/rims that will clear the Buick drums using the factory 5 on 5 bolt circle. I have a set of stock rims off a Buick, but they are to wide (15X6) for my taste and dont like the offset.

So basically I'm looking for steel rims 15X4 or 16X4 that look like 40 Ford but with a 5 on 5 bolt circle that will clear the Buick drums.

Thanks
    Eric

2. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

Talk to your local dirt track supplier, they should be able to remove the center of your buick rim and weld it into a narrower outer rim...I had a pair of rims seperated and had the offset changed, so i would think they should be able to change them as well, only cost me about $ 25.00 each.....Scott

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

4. triton6972

triton6972

Thought about that but I dont like the looks of the center.

Trying to find some from a salvage yard since moneys a little tight, but if all else fails I'll contact Rally America.

5. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

When I did this on my 5/W years ago I had the same issue and felt that the best solution was a pair of wheel adapters (or spacers). The adapters open you up to more choices of wheels and bolt patterns or use spacers to stay with the 5 on 5 but gain offset.
    Alot of guys don't realize how much larger those drums are 'til they get where you are.
    That was my experience too. I went with a 5'' to 4-1/2" adapter that was 1" thick and it allowed me to use a 5" chrome rev. wheel.
    Hope this helps,
    Steve

6. 38jon

38jon
    from York,PA

Talk to Jimmy, I was going to do the same thing, but decided to put 48 ford hubs instead. I talked to Jimmy at Rally America and he was going to try to put something together. Give him a call, real good people there.

7. triton6972

triton6972

Thanks for the info guys.