Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage boats,who alls got em

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by hvychvy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

I used to work for a local marina as a mechanic, had awesome training by the old mechanic "Bob". One of our customers had a real early sixties evinrude I/O that had 300ci buick in it. Bob and I rebuilt the original carb, I want to say 4 barrel, with a kit we had procured from somewhere. Runs like a top now. An awesome boat and what an awesome engine. The smoothest running engine I've ever seen, and has since gotten me stuck on Buicks.

2. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

1956 Plywood kit boat, (dont know mfr though) with a 56 Johnson Javelin..."then next project"...lol 5 projects ago

[​IMG]

what its supposed to look like done, this is a scale balsa model I built...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  3. nutso

nutso
    from washington

here is my 1960 skagit 17 skimaster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

We just put a new engine in this one. She was built in 1888, so that certainly qualifies as vintage

Attached Files:

bajabob and kbgreen like this.
  5. RM-Special

RM-Special

Cool,looks like a Keith Weesner art work come to life,but you sure wouldnt want an exhaust leak !;)

6. i have been looking at a thompson runabout that a friend has up on his property?? it's all there it looks like 14or 15 foot. wood is in decent shape. what do you think. dude wants 700??

7. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

To this day I have no idea why I drug this 16' lapstrake Penn-Yan home from New England 7 or 8 years ago. You never met any less of a boat person in your life than me! I just thought it was cool, I guess! I put it on e-bay one time and got offered $1300 (no motor) and talked to some extremely cool people that dug it but I would keep it and plant flowers in it for that amount! Been stored inside for 30 years that I know of. Maybe some day I will start sanding...

Attached Files:

8. iamq

iamq
    from Ma

Just hope you're not leaving that sit on the ground.. it will be fire wood before you get to restore it.. Great boat by the way..

This is what I'm looking for a "Dispro" has a disappearing propeller that comes up into a housing in the bottom, great for shallow water...

[​IMG]

9. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

I know this is HAMB and is for hot rods, but I am looking for my old boat and need as many eyes as possible. It is a 1973 Sanger 18'6" bubble deck concave bottom with mahognay bottom and stringers. I put alot of sweat into that girl and wonder if she still exists somewhere. I was living in Pomona Ca when I sold her in 1979. Any info would be appreciated:)

Attached Files:

10. I got a 19' '74 Rinkerbilt runabout I/O, with a Chevy 250-6 in it, a tiny fiberglass sailboat from the 50's... The Rinker is this summers project.

11. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

I've got a '50 Switzer Craft twin cockpit w/ '56 Merc MK30E.It's my next project after finishing the '27 rpu.

12. alsancle

alsancle

I did build a cradle for it. It sat on the floor a of a dirt barn for 50 years and when we pulled it out it had 6 inches of water in it. There is remarkably little dry rot - maybe because it was never dry :).

13. Kencary

Kencary
    from Cary, NC

I have a '72 19' Witchcraft Speedboat. Mine is one of the few outboards made. It has two bench seats facing each other where the V8 and jet pumps would normally reside and 2 buckets up front. The boat has a ski pole and does well for wakeboarding as long as you aren't looking for a big wake.

It packs A 175 MERC with a SS prop. The boat is pretty fast and handles beautifully.

The boat was orinally from California, and was moved to NC several years back. It was re-gelcoated somewhere in the 80's. I'll post a picture later.

Ken

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that is purty.

15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I lost a good buddy[Jim] two years ago,his brother sold off his boat that Jim lovingly restored,he had got it from his Dad,but his brother didn't think it was wroth keeping,so it's in some ones hands now that has no real hook up to the boat,it may not last many more years.
    The last thing Jim was doing before passsing is this;
    http://www.classic-yacht-charters-miami.com/

16. This boat was owned by a guy named Craig Pease from Arizona as I remember and we had it in a show at the city auditorium in Clearwater, FL around 1962.

Attached Files:

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

where is the boat today? that thing rocks!

18. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I bought a 17' Viking that used to be a BLM boat. Its a '71 and only gets wet when it rains. The dude I bought it from had 2, 35 horse motors. One a Johnson and the other an Evenrude. Both 1958 models and work. When he asked if I wanted the manuals for em I about fell over. YEA, I kinda do at that. I hope to get the stuff wet on pourpose next year.

19. alsancle

alsancle

Wow that's beautiful. Working on boats makes working on cars look cheap.

20. 62nova

62nova

Boat 1.jpg Here's ours before we sold it. Not for 650.

21. seatex

seatex

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!:d

22. 24riverview

24riverview

Here's my 78 Glastron CVX20 and my son's (27T) early 70's Sleekcraft. 460 Ford in the Glastron, 455 Olds in the Sleekcraft.
    100_4829-1.JPG

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  23. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

These used to be mine. First one is a 1976 Miller 19' with a Olds 455 and Jacuzzi jet drive. Second one is a farely rare 1978 Mach 1 tunnel hull with a 13:1 468 Chevy and a Dominator jet drive. I've owned more than 30 of them in the last 3 years, but at least 25 of them were bought for the sole reason to part out.

Attached Files:

24. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Here is my 1959 Lyman 16.5' project.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. I have a 1974 correct craft mustang ski boat with new interior,302 ford and tranny run 55 streight out with 4 people onboard.great in calm waters but rough ride on a choppy day.I had a 1951 chris craft dual cockpit wooden launch with a chrysler gray marine 6 cylinder motor which I sold needing work for $30,000 in 97

26. Mickeypat

Mickeypat
    from Tennessee

'55 Chevy Pick up and '59 Tomahawk Ski Mate

Attached Files:

27. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Nice project, Boat doesn't look to bad of shape from the pictures. Keep us posted........:D

28. FLbones

FLbones

Hows this one restored it this year.

Attached Files:

29. Anybody need Marine parts for a Pontiac inboard? I've got a load of them...

30. waltspuffer

waltspuffer

A 1968 427 L88 Powered 19' Hydroflite that is not any slouch at 110 mph through the traps. And then guess whats under the red cover.....a hint, { its a dual quad HEMI } and OE with it .....I`ll add the uncovered photos later....It did win best boat and interior at the Detroit Autorama...imagine best interior in a car show and in one of that caliber....:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]