Register now to get rid of these ads!

History O/T So-Cal skaters, Remember any of this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poofus1929, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Here are a few pics of Legendary skate spots from Southern California. A pic of the old Pipeline Skatepark torn down in 89 and the legendary Baldy Pipe which has been skated since the 70's and is still skated today. I used to skate the Pipeline back in 88-89 when I was 11-12 years old. I used to skate at Baldy too when I got a little older. I just started skating again and I wish the Pipeline was still around. Any one else remember these spots?

Attached Files:

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. elco66

elco66

The closest thing i'll ever skate that isn't even half as cool as this is wood ward or the DC skate park that Rob from alien workshop built...

I know they have a skatepark that has a full pipe but its far as hell.

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Alien! I remember when they were in a tiny little white building by Wright Pat AFB.

5. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

6. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I skated "the concrete wave" that was across the freeway from Disneyland in Anaheim, This was probley in the mid to late 70's? And there was another park I used to skate in Buena Park off the 91 nad knott (cant think of the name, brainfart) it had a full half pipe. A couple years back my son wanted to learn to skate so him and I got the gear and went for it. Every time we would come home I would be hurt, I can still get air just have a hard time landing it!

7. Crankhole

Crankhole

I use to skate Pipeline back in the 80's also. The Alba brothers were ALWAYS there and to see Chris Miller tearing up the Combi Bowl was awesome. Although the bowls are gone, the building is still there. I think it's still owned by Mr. Hoffman. I saw him mowing the grass there a few months back. There is a full pipe at Upland skatepark just a very short drive away for those needing their anti-gravity fix.

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone start a group for this topic??

More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

10. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

what about the BIG O my old stomping grounds, used to hang out here everyday- heres a HAMBER doing his thing

Attached Files:

11. Crankhole

Crankhole

12. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I remember the big 'o' where was it?

13. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Because this just needs to be added! :D

[​IMG]

Found 'em yet?? :D

[​IMG]

14. ocfab

ocfab

i thought this was a hotrod site?

15. Jay71

Jay71

Yep, definately remember these spots. Never did Baldy but did Pipeline a few times. There is actually a semi secret full pipe about 5 minutes from my house! About 80 yards long and about 15 ft. high. A little tight but fun as hell! Real fast! That concrete is a little harder at 38! If any of you are ever in the Ventura area, hit me up and we'll go have a session at the pipe and a fun reservoir near by.

BTW Chris Miller Rules!!

16. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup, start a group if you would. Because as much as I would love to see where this thread goes, I have to be impartial.

That picture of Chris Miller is an all time favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.