Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ol' Ladys Christmas gift.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Dec 14, 2009.

1. MrkCat37

MrkCat37

Hey CarCrazyJohn,

Think she'll be buyin' you some paint? :D

Did the paint odor go away yet?

2. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

:eek:HAHAHAHA. Thats funny! Mine might get a divorce if things don't change. Sorry to be a downer... but well ya know how it is sometimes.

3. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

My wife's got a '64 Rambler Typhoon... I got her a NOS Rambler accessory dash compass, and an original copy of her car's Motor Trend road test results. I already showed 'em to her so I guess it's a before Christmas present... she was pretty neutral on 'em.

Oh well...

4. flathead okie

flathead okie

DAMN THAT's Sick and Funny at the same Time

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My wife is into kniting BIG time. So a gift certificate from her favorite yarn shop is a no-brainer. She is also a voracious reader and has been talking about a Kindle Book deal so that one is on the list. All she has asked for is a new microwave but that doesn't sound much like a gift but one will probably find it's way into the mix (gotta get all the credit I can:D) and getting something that's asked for is always a bonus here. She's a huge diamond fan so there is the built in disappointment for this year:). Actually if I were to ever win the lottery that would be the first frivilous thing she would get. She would be blown away as I'm known around here as Mr. Practical. There will probably be a few small things to soothe the times when the UPS guy shows up more than once a week with car parts but those are picked up while I'm out doing last minute shopping.

Frank

6. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

It's been a tough year here so we aren't exchanging gifts. We spent all our money on the kids and grandkids so they would have a good Christmas.

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I'm giving mine a day at the spa, in Vegas, with her girlfriends.

Anyone that can put up with me as long as she has deserves it!

8. A subscription to her favorite magazine (Victoria)
    A gift certificate to her favorite sewing quilting and knitting store
    a Black and Decker 22 inch blade, cordless hedge trimmer (that's what she wanted, to trim her lavender bushes in the back yard..)
    Some hideously expensive perfume called "Amarige"
    a 100 dollar bill, to be spent on HER, and HER ALONE, no food, no electric or propane bill, for her to spend on herself.
    She was born December 20th, so we kind of mix things up a little bit, don't really know which one's she'll get on the 20th, and which ones will wait for the 25th.

9. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I just traded for a o\t truck for her to drive, We are spending our money on our kids its been a tough year for us as well. I guess As long as we are togeather thats all that matters and we are all healthy. We have been married for 14 grate years and hope for many more. I hope every body here has a Marry Christmas and a safe one as well.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Most girls would dig stuff like that. You made it and it's from the heart.:cool:

Again, very clever, I'm sure she'll love it. Does a '59 Caddy rear door have a window frame? If so, how about putting a mirror in there? I plan on doing something similar and handing it near the door.....you know, somewhere to check to make sure your lipsticks not smudged and you got no boggers hanging before you walk out the door for the day.:D

Yep, you passed.:p You sound very thoughtful and romantic. She's a lucky gal. Merry Christmas to you as well.:cool:

May I suggest you actually picking out something in her size that you think she might like, and that you like as well, and wrapping that and putting it under the tree. Shows ALOT of thought when it's actually a gift instead of a gift certificate. Then take the receipt fold it in half and tape it to the underside of the lid of the box in case she needs to return it. If she likes it you get to see it on her that night instead of having to wait.:D

what an AWESOME idea! Hats off to you and your wife for being so generous.

OK Frank, I'm going to give you some shit right now. For all that your wife has gone through over the years, stood by your side for years during rehab, etc, etc and you won't buy her a diamond when you know that's what she wants??? Take a couple of those very rare, very desirable intakes off the garage wall and sell them. Hell sell them ALL. You know you will never use them. Then take the money and buy your lovely wife the biggest diamond you can find. Wouldn't you rather see her enjoy it now then having to wait till your gone? She'll sell you stuff in the end anyway and could buy her diamond then BUT at that point you wouldn't get the pleasure of seeing her so pleased with the gift.

Be the hero now Frank. Your wife's happiness means more than all that stuff hanging on the walls.

PS, I still love you even though sometimes I want to strangle you.:D

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  11. Mine just wants to feel better... she could care less about diamonds and gold, hand spun pottery or last minute blue light specials. She is being treated for Breast cancer and just feels like shit.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'll say a Christams prayer for your wife for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery.

13. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

Brother I am so sorry to hear this but I want you to know that I am saying a prayer for her right now.... later my wife and will pray for again.Hang tough brother cause she needs all the support she can get.

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

My wife and I quit exchanging gifts right after we got married. She made more money than me so she bought whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. Worked out great. Saved the gift giving for the nieces and nephews.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been married 40 years to the same lady and I haven't seen the list yet this year. I usually catch hints but I don't like to buy things that get used up right away and I don't buy jewelry anymore for reasons that I won't go into.

16. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm thinking I'll stripe something up for her. I hope she likes it!

17. A pearl necklace.

Wait! What?

18. Thanks everyone..... its been a tough couple of years as I am a carpenter/handyman and work has been hard to find these days so she is the bread winner. She is my hero. We thank god for early detection!

19. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Im getting my wife a new HVLP gun for Christmas. She doesn't paint so Im sure she will let me use it.:D:D:D

20. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I'm shopping for my sweethearts here: http://dragstripgirldesigns.com/ as an added bonus I get to support a fellow hamber!!

The wife and kids really enjoy these gifts - especially when we get the car out to the track.

When I first joined Metalshapers - they had a project showing how to make metal Roses - those were a BIG HIT on the holidays. Matter of fact I put one in my Grandmothers coffin just so she'd ALWAYS have a rose with her.

One time I wanted to learn a little about spinning metal and made Christmas Ornament Bells I spun from scraps of metal off the dragster - HUGE HIT!!! I should make those again.

21. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

I'm getting one of those cool purses with the metal flake!

22. Big ol' box of dryer sheets...