Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes Yokohama pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IGOR, Dec 13, 2009.

1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Yet again the japanese are killing it! That 49 shoebox is awesome,wild paint and killer stance.

2. grim

grim

I dig these edgy styles coming out of Japan; there's some killer brains workin' over there. It's the innovation, but their new ideas still work with the old attitude. Thanks for sharing the pictures buddy.

(Does anyone know who built that pink chopped/carson topped Mopar? I'd like to see more pics. I know it was flat green shades before. I haven't been able to find any under construction shots of it.)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  3. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Japan and Europe really GOT IT! NICE!!

4. Lucky444

Lucky444

Thanks for posting those pics. Looks like it was another great show in Yokohama. Just a minor correction for that Inkrat pic....That's Rei in the red and black striped shirt, Hata peering out from behind Rei and of course Nash on the far right. Those guys are the best!

Attached Files:

5. spununit

spununit

A friend just got back from this show and had some great pics of some board style racers, has anyone got some pics of those bikes?

6. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

That Challenger is owned and DRAG RACED by a really cooool chick....oh....and she also publishes her own indy Rod Mag!!!!!:D

7. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Them dudes rule...you see the 'scooters' there pushing over there--Off the hook!!

8. Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  9. Thanks for posting, there are at least a couple more threads with pics for people that are interested.

That is the "Galaxian" built by Paradise Road in Nagoya and my friend Junichi. The car is all steel and has amazing details everywhere. The paint is awesome and the whole roof hinges back to open. He drives the thing everywhere (except to this years Mooneyes), and I've seen him drive it in the rain. He also has a matching paint motorcyle that is bitchin. The car is for sale, he'd love to see it sold in the states. It's been in several magazines world wide and is his second high profile show rod. The first is "Rod" riguez (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/rod-riguez-hot-rod.htm)

Yes, first week of Dec. in Yokohama. Beautiful city, wonderful people.

Like I said, other threads with pics, including this bike painted by Hamber Harpoon.

10. jason65

jason65

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

11. J, thanks for that link, I hadn't seen that they posted this stuff yet. Really nicely done video work, I loved the Graffitti cars rolling over the Yokohama Bay Bridge! :cool:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILgtH7eIv58&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILgtH7eIv58&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

thanx for the pics, I want to go to this show real bad...... great cars, nice to see they like old american cars and the culture, they do it right in Japan.

13. IGOR

IGOR

Man that video was great! Got chills watching it just remembering the good time had. Thanks!

14. IGOR

IGOR

Yeah, my screwup. Hata actually did a nice piece on me while we were there. Super nice guys!

Attached Files:

15. Mr.J

Mr.J
    from NJ

IGOR, we missed you in AC this year. But it seems like you had a great time. What ,no pics of you stripin? Maybe we need to have Rodney put together a "road trip" for next year.

16. Lucky444

Lucky444

Nice piece! I get a lot of my work from those guys too.

17. I must be out of the loop because Ive never seen Mr.Gibbons' totally rad T-Bird before, and Im in shock... at least Im assuming thats his :eek:

18. Not out of the loop. It's his latest build from So-Cal speed shop. It's been to one other major show, and that's it. Billy has owned the car for years though and ran it as a stocker until Pete Champoroius (sp?) finally convinced him to make it a custom.

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Damn, I enjoyed those pics.

Any more shots of that gold 55 chev?

20. IGOR

IGOR

Hey Mr J! Yeah I missed the Bullpen and seein all you guys too. Had a LOT of fun though.

21. IGOR

IGOR

Only this one. I think its a little fuzzy though. NICE lookin car!

Attached Files:

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oooooh, this one is cool!
    [​IMG]

Oooooooh double cool!!! Is this thing a Old Hot Rod or is it a life like Weesner painting? It's like everything I want my T to be and more!
    [​IMG]

This one looks like it has a nice stance to it.
    [​IMG]

23. I have never seen a picture of him without that outfit on!!:rolleyes::D

The Japanese sure do some crazy shit!! Sometimes I'm not sure if I like it or not but they sure don't fuck around. When they decide to go wild they take it to the extreme!

Thanks for the pics.

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

J.J. that "T" was an old survivor from nor cal.. it was for sale for ever I guess someone
    from over there bought it... I wanted that thing so bad..just didn't have the bucks..

25. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

26. jscoma47

jscoma47

nice pics! thanks for posting!!

27. RdnLow63

RdnLow63
    from SoCal 818

nice pics... they build some cool shit over there

28. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Great stuff man!

29. Awesome. There's some cool shit going down over there...for sure.

30. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Thanks Igor! Great looking car. The color really sets it off.