Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ol' Ladys Christmas gift.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Dec 14, 2009.

1. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

Just wondering what some of you guy's got your wives or girlfriend for X-mas and also wondering what you Gals got for your man? I don't know what to do,I hope it's not going to be another Christmas eve running from one "blue lite special" to another.:)

2. jason65

jason65

If all works out I'm getting her a 50ish chevy sedan. If not I'll have to pull sumtin outa my rdb. I haven't seen the car yet. We will see.

3. RoscoeFink

RoscoeFink
    from Idaho

This is when it's especially great to be a pinstriper.
    I'm buying a cheap little purse, a lil' vanity mirrior, a hairbrush, and whetever else I see while buying those things; Taking them all home and puttin' a lil' linework on 'em and BAM!
    Christmas is saved! I'm a cheap bastard, I know, but we haven't been dating long, and she digs things like that.
    Good luck chief.

and if you get desperate and need something striped, feel free to let me know!

4. Taking her somewhere tropical....my white Christmas will be caused by sand vs snow.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This should be interesting.
    I'd really like to see how much thought guys put into their giftgiving.

6. My wife is pretty cool and very into the old car scene. I bought her a Wayne valve cover & side cover kit for her 57 Bel Air among other things. She's a 57 model as well and that's her toy. Got it from 6inarow on here.

7. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

I just got her a Smith and Wesson snub nose .38 with a pink pearl handle. She isnt feeling very safe where we live so I got her a pistol. Now I need to get her some lessons...not sure if this is a good or bad thing...hahahhaha....nice little pistol though...

8. allengator

allengator
    from Keller, TX

Mine will get a gift certificate for Dover Sadlery...
    She trains Dressage horses!

9. 47 ford

47 ford

French Bulldog, will she be surprised

10. [QUOTE="Whitey Ford" 62 Uni;4668810]I just got her a Smith and Wesson snub nose .38 with a pink pearl handle. She isnt feeling very safe where we live so I got her a pistol. Now I need to get her some lessons...not sure if this is a good or bad thing...hahahhaha....nice little pistol though...[/QUOTE]

Jesus! If my wife had a .38 I would be dead a few times by now!

I'm just going to get her some jewellery, perfume, a new coat, something like that.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Clothes, iPhone, Shoes, and a Tummy Tub for our expected baby in July!!!!

I wanted to surprise her with a trip to somewhere tropical but no flying with the baby and she also controls all the money so it would be really hard to pull off without here knowing.

If I could sell my '26 I would out in an inground pool for here this spring. Tuff decisions.

12. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

Mine's Daddy used to be a firearms dealer, so she already had more guns than me. Got her a 68 Roadrunner one year and a Sportster the next. Haven't figured out this year yet.

13. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I tell em "Dont get anything for me. I have a decent job and have allmost everything I need anyway. Spend your money on the kids." She's getting a gift cert for a restraunt we like that has the best ayce fish on fridays.
    And maybe some bubble wrap. Every body likes bubble wrap.

14. Demo Derby X-100

Demo Derby X-100

An LED flashlight for her car (practical car-related gift)
    Handmade pottery (special "romantic" gift)

...drove 2 hours to my buddy's kiln opening to get a little tea mug for her.

Attached Files:

15. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

I bought mine some tools to keep in the house. She always borrows mine. She already has a pistol. But I don't give her any sharp knives.

16. Gigantor

Gigantor

Well since my lady has ZERO interest in cars, I'm giving her some things that appeal to her AND will go a little further from keeping her occupied and letting me have that much more time in the garage.
    I spent every last dime I had on a honkin' monster 8 channel p.a. with mixing console and effects for her band. The more time she spends making music and playing out the more time I spend in the garage.
    It all works out. Or I hope it does. I bend over backwards to support HER dreams, and try not to let it bother me that she shows zero interest in MINE, but just time for me to do my thing is good enough. Although I DID send her a link to some car parts... we'll see if she gets the hint.

17. jason65

jason65

Not cheap, just thrifty.;)

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I almost forgot, I got her a Spa package for the day for her and her mother.

19. The Mrs. and I have spent 37 Christmas together since we were married and I try every year to do a little something special with her gifts.

The wagon has really been working on the hot rod funds but that car means so much to her so it's a labor of love.

She and I have always been what Barry McGuire describes as car crazy,,so I have found a special little gift for her that ties in with her love of this wagon.

and working on one that ties the car to family history.

But,I can't disclose what it is until it arrives and she is sneaky and will probably read this.

There will be the normal things that are under most wives/girlfriends trees,nothing exotic just thoughtful simple gifts.

I just wish the wagon could have been finished this year,,but it's closer to being a reality than it was 7 years ago when I drug it out of the barn.

You can bet one gift under the tree will be the traditional inexpensive box of chocolate covered cherries.... from our very first Christmas together when we didn't have two extra dimes to rub together and every one since there has that been that little box of candy as remind to us of where we started and just how far we have come together,. HRP

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  20. Last year it was a Tiffany bracelet. This year it's a Pandora - she likes to keep up with the trends ;-)

Her birthday is also on Christmas Day so I get her two presents. This year she wants a Nintendo DS for her birthday present.

Plus also I get her perfume, lingerie - all that stuff that they all like.

21. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

making a picture frame out of the back door of a 59 cadillac. cutting out a center section and recessing for a flat area to put in three photos of our family...hope it comes out well...then we'll just hang the door on the wall...door handle and all. At least she will have some nice photos regardless!

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi, 57 shaker. Does she like pets? Doesn't have to be big...and eat a lot. I bought my wife, Sandy a female bird last year. It's called a Parolet, and it's the smallest Parot there is...about the size of a sparrow. Sandy named her Elizabeth after her late mother. She calls Lizzy "The gift that keeps on giving". Sweet bird. BIG personality, and very affectionate. Sandy walks around the house with Lizzy in her shirt-pocket, or on her shoulder. This year, I'm getting her a singing canary. I happen to know that she wants one. (You can't cuddle with a canary, though...it'll fly away.) Anyway, for about $50-$100 plus the cage, your in. In addition, I always get her a couple extras. Sandy LOVES flowers (living plants) and antique plates and china tea-cups and such with rose-patterns. I can never go wrong with those. And maybe some chocolates. After 24 years together, I better know what she likes! LOL! And in return, she invariably gets me something hot rod related. Tools, etc. One year, she gave me Henry Gregor Felson's books. Always sticks some magazines in my stocking.
    On the other hand, you might try something really different, like Sandy did for my birthday one year. She had me close my eyes for the last part of a 1/2 hour drive, (she drove!) and when she said I could open them, we were pulling into a small local airport. She exclaimed, "You're goin' flying!" I had on occasion, expressed an interest in flying, and she had bought me a flying lesson! That was a trip! LOL!
    I've found it best to think of your loved one's passions when buying gifts. Try to think of what she's always talking about...you know...her favorite stuff. Sometimes, it helps that she simply tells me what she wants. You might ask her if she could give some hints! LOL! Or maybe she just wants to be surprised. Good luck, and Merry Christmas to you and yours, 57!

Well Denise, how's that? Did I pass muster? LOL! Merry Christmas to you and yours, sweety. For that matter, a big "Merry Christmas" to all here! And in the words of Tiny Tim in Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", may I say, "God Bless us.......EVERYONE!!!" :) - Rick

23. mike bourg

mike bourg

I got my bride a 58 chevy fleetside by danbury mint to complement the 58 fleetside that should be on the road by june, we`ve only been together for 48 years and after she saw the model it was a quick I Want that...

MikeB

24. lorodz

lorodz

my girl doesnt like old cars to well ..she is a primadonna.she drives a lexus and loves luxury sports cars..but im getting her things she likes and needs ..like a tanning package ,gift certifacate to victoria secret thats for both of us...oh and a new computer printer ...we both go to college so it will benifit both of us..

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I think im gonna get her Plenty of candles and airfreshners .

26. barslazyr

barslazyr

I am getting my wife a Montana silversmith watch this year.

27. redhumphries

redhumphries

been married 39 years got her a cementary plot last year and the B---- hasen't used it yet so I ain't getting her anything this year.

28. deuce295

deuce295

No gifts this year. Took all the money that would be used for that and bought some grocery gift cerftificates for friends that are still out of work since early this year. The rest went to the local food bank.

Maybe next year. Wish everybody a better 2010.

29. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

new shoes.

rebok makes new shoes that apparently have weird soles on them that tones your ass, shes being blabbing about them for monthes.

i guess there for both of us technically hahaha

30. blitz

blitz

some makeup,man that stuff alot of money. all new luggs and lugnuts for her truck, thats really for me. some numnut put them on with a impact, alomst go nipped in the ass a bunch of times tryin to change a flat on theside of the highway. thenthe big thing is gonna be a watch or ring.