Register now to get rid of these ads!

Breaking up is hard to do

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by calvinh, Dec 13, 2009.

1. calvinh

calvinh

My family and I are getting ready to move in a week or two to a larger home with a larger garage and a lot more storage but with it comes less room for project vehicles. I know it's sacreligious but I have to use the garage for my work tools and materials so for the last year my 1964 F 100 has had to live outside. In getting ready for this move I ran some parts on Craigslist and a couple of parts trucks that I had. A guy came to buy the parts trucks and made me a deal on my 64 that after a couple of days of I felt was too good to pass up. I wasn't really that attached to the truck but seeing it drive away I was sad. I don't think it was the truck but the fact that it was yet another one I let go. Has anyone else felt this way about a car that you really didn't care for but missed it once it was gone? Sorry this is so long winded.

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

not one that i didn't care for.

3. Your not alone on that one. I have been there once.

4. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

a few years ago i sold my jeep.i had it for 15 years ,it had been in a few magazines and in some off road videos.when the guy paid me i loaded it on his trailer and headed to the bank.i had to stop cause i cried like a bitch for a few minutes....to add salt to the wound i got calls from people who had seen it on someone elses truck & trailer heading out of town..i miss it ,but it helped pay off some old divorce debt i had.

5. to me , old hot rods are like old girl friends....i miss them at first but when i bump into them a few years later i'm glad they are parked in some one else's garage

6. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

I let a 68 chevy pickup go after a complete rebuild. Sometimes I wish she was still here, but I have little room for her. Other cars are not missed. Go figure....

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Man, I miss the Peter Beater so much. 'Specially with the new snow. Open-wheeled roadsters kick ass in the snow!!

8. calvinh

calvinh

I sold a 63 lincoln a couple of years ago that I had put a lot of time and money into. I still see the car around town a lot but now it has 20" wheels and neon lights. That one probably hurts more than any other. Not so much that I miss the car but that he put those fool ass wheels on it. And the guy who has it now is a real dick. A friend of mine who helped me on the car was talking to him one day and at a gas station and my friend told him that he had helped build the car. The little jackass told my buddy that he was full of shit that he built the car.

9. 2-TONED

2-TONED

sometimes its sad seeing them leaving
    but then you look down at the moolah & head to the bank & that makes ya feel pretty good! :)

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Been there and done that but I look at it this way , it gives me the money to buy another one !

RetroJim

11. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Felt the same way about my old 66 Mustang. But watching her drive away I got a sad feeling. But the cash in pocket helped me feel better...

12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

only one i wish id have kept was a 69 falcon ranchero i got rid of in high school needed to much work and i had no dough so i sold it

13. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

OK, so I'll take that 36 3 window off your hands...:cool: