Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beware Aurora Gauges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by murfman, Dec 11, 2009.

1. chevyshack

chevyshack

See. Your gauges where made on Friday. Never buy anything made on friday. The factory people are hurrying up to get out. So what they did is you placed your order as they where clocking out. Last guy out the door just reached in the bad bin of gauges and shipped them out so he wouldnt have to make another set. Yea. Thats what happened.

2. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

In my opinion the Hoffman Group are theives and should be avoided at all costs. They make a living by directly copying the hard R&D work of American companies and sourcing the stuff in China or elsewhere to compete with long standing US hot rod businesses. They have directly copied suspension stuff, air conditioning and heater kits, wiper kits, trim parts and more. This is how "saving a few bucks" compounds into killing US company's and jobs.

And just what is a "LImited Lifetime Warranty" anyway? Limited to the day before you need it! Ha!

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Lol, suggesting digital gauges on the HAMB... that's funny... :D

Pretty much my experience. Cheap junk....

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Friend of mine is building a car and he has bought a set of Omega gauges, made in USA and look pretty good.
    The car isn't finished yet, so I don't know about how well they work.
    I'm working on a roadster that I bought from a friend who had purchased SW gauges, a six gauge panel's worth. He had the project quite awhile before I bought it. Now I'm not too far from a fire up of the engine, etc. after 2 years of off and on work.I'm sure the warranty was only 90 days or so, and if SW quality is as bad now with the made in Mexico gauges as I have read here on HAMB, I'm expecting a mess.
    Dave

5. FuelFC

FuelFC

Well perhaps you should quit skipping school young man...pffffttt LOL :Dhttp://academy.thehoffmangroup.com/academy.html (btw good luck trying to make that work if you do get on the short bus to go class)

And right here it says LIMITED...and "one touch" all in one paragraph...you didn't touch them twice did you?:eek:

("In addition to being the only truly customizable gauges on the market, Aurora Gauges are also the easiest to program! Featuring our simple "one touch" programming technology, it's easier than ever to get your gauges ready for the road! Just use the integrated button on your gauge to scroll through your options and make changes, and with a few simple steps, your gauges will be precise, accurate, and ready to go! All gauges come with detailed instructions and a limited lifetime warranty.")

And seeings how my adult onset Tourettes and spaztic brain activity medicine has not shown up yet today I decided to enter the design contest too for free gauges. I am going with an Xmas theme. Wish me luck I hope I win...:p

Attached Files:

6. art.resi

art.resi

Classic Made in the U S A Support the home team.

7. BigChief

BigChief

Oh yeah. Product quality, employee satisfaction and customer service all take a serious back seat to stock holder whims and demands. No wonder this country is where its headed.

8. Those look like shit, sorry.....:)

Cosmo

9. murfman

murfman

10. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I do my best to avoid Hoffman group products.

I gotta say, whenever I hear someone banging on their resume in order to drown out someone else's voice, I question their work. Anybody can make a mistake.

11. 66-Frankenfish

66-Frankenfish

Damn! I had thought about using those gauges. It's hard to find good quality products anymore! What a shame.

12. murfman

murfman

I only brought up my "Resume" in responce to the post "With a backround in electronics" stating it was most likely an error in the installation. I am not one to beat my own drum, but I tried every conceivable option BEFORE even calling The Hoffman group which was over a week before I posted here. I did not jump to conclusions, and have given the Hoffman Group every chance I could. I am ordering a set of Autometers Monday.

13. murfman

murfman

Well, let me bump this up, I received an E-mail from the Hoffman group back in January, and sent my gauges back to them for them to look at. After 4 Months of E-mails and phone calls back and forth, they sent me the gauges back minus the volt meter, as they could not locate a replacement ( I thought they fuggin MADE the things!) Now here it is Mid June OVER 6 MONTHS later, and still no gauge. It is hard to believe but their customer service is WORSE than their product.

14. murfman

murfman

All is good now however, I bought a set of Autometers for it :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I must say, however I'm not sure about Autometer's customer service, BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER NEEDED TO USE IT!

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

you're killing me here man.... lmao. I presently giving them a chance to make something right, through Summit, I didn't even realize they made Zirgo fans. lol

16. I have lways used stewart warner and they have always functioned without fail
    got a car w VDO:eek: and they went the way of swap meet

bought a couple auto meter, they worked, but i dont prefer them:cool:

17. I have to agree with Johnny.

18. ems customer service

ems customer service

not made by them but import for them

19. ems customer service

ems customer service

had a similar problem with haneline gauges bought them project took to long 2 years later oil press does not work, sent it back willing to pay, got lost, company sold, 2 months later company sold again now to a guy in georgia, had to buy a new gauge set $ in 1 new owner seems nice enough and service pretty good, but he said no old warrenty service, got the gauge i need to finish dash, but have a big worry about longevity.

20. 59 brook

59 brook

their not much different then any other company when it comes to warranties. i have gone thru this with numerous companies thru the course of fixing up an old car when it becomes an off the road project for a few years

21. murfman

murfman

Just figured I'd bump this up, still no word from the Hoffman group about replacing the faulty gauge that they said they would get to me in 2-3 days BACK IN JUNE!! Once again I'll state walk, no RUN away from anything Hoffman Group sells as fast as you can. Nothing but garbage!!

22. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Someone is making China rich!

23. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Someone has to make China rich!

24. murfman

murfman

Bumping this back up still no response from Hoffman about the voltage gauge! I really can't believe the customer service is THIS bad.

25. olds vroom

olds vroom

the hoffman group never seems to send instructions and is usually crap Istopped buying it long ago.

26. olds vroom

olds vroom

and yes thier customer service is that bad Ive had many conversations with them and they almost never stand behind their crap.I bought a hood and trunk release lever set and it only came with one lever and cable noe two and the said I had only paid for a one lever unit although their picture showed a two handle set

27. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

I had a ground problem that caused my gas gauge to peg. You may want to recheck the cars the battery return is tied to both the car body and engine.

Rich

28. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

I have had many problems with gas gauges ,Had everything matched and even bought new sender for tank,inorder to get the float to read emptyI had to jump the grid on the float level to get correct reading.I got tired of when I read empty I still had four gallons left.Maybe I should have left it alone and I would have reserve at the empty reading.

29. Jeff J

Jeff J

Had that problem back in 2005 selling there stuff in my shop .Ended up stop selling there stuff as every 10 of there parts I sold 9 came back for problems and there customer service , lets say had better luck talking to the wall!

30. murfman

murfman

The Autometer gauges work fine, it was the piece of cheet Aurora gauges.