Register now to get rid of these ads!

What can I say to pursuade my mom to let me get this truck!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LarzBahrs, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

You see? This gay-pretendingshit is starting to bite you in the ass already before it even started... Phone-numbers 'suddenly' not working anymore and such. You can thank FiringOrder for that!

:D

2. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

You can always get rid of it easier than finding another one later

3. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Problem is I cant get it if I cant get ahold of the guy!!:(:(

4. sledish

sledish

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze Mom can I keep it?

5. do you take a shop class in school? when i was in H.S. i had a buddy in a similar position, but our bodyshop teacher let him bring it to school and keep it as a class project.by the end of the year she had come to accept the fact that it was his, and that he was serious about fixing it up (it was a p.o.s. Nova), and let him keep it.

6. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Finally got in touch with him and hes coming tuesday to take me to go see the ol' beast! He even said there are some other cars out there that I might like instead of the truck!!

7. The problem here is you asked first.

It is always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

8. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Im too damn honest:rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Thats what i use all the time!

My first old car was a 1942 Dodge wf-32 2 - 1/2 ton truck.

I had to wait 3 months before i could get it. i was only 14 as well!:D

10. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I was 17..long time ago. Mom hated motorcycles..from my first foray when I was 13. A few friends built mopeds..a Cushman..and a bridgestone from junked stuff. We rode at dark,,so no one saw us..until..stupid Tom O' hit a parked car..and broke his arm..

Fire deptartment came..and..uh..his Dad was the Fire Chief..

Went 4 years without..

One Sunday morning..she comes in from Church..and sees a Bonneville in garage..

"Whose motorcycle is that ?"

Uh..my brothers..(I am an only child)
    Was hell in my house that week. Saturday..I wake up..go for the bike..gonna ride..don't care about the screamin'

Bikes gone..

I am not happy..Mom's in kitchen..she says "good "..but says she doesn't know what happened..
    So I go looking for my Dad..

He's not around the house..hmm..his car is here..so..

I walk down the block toward my uncles house..
    Yep..there he is..and my uncles on the back..my aunts out there waiting her turn..!

Same thing happened when I turned 18..and brought a 57 Vette home. Saturday..car gone..hop on Bonnie..yep..at uncles house..

Ddin't have a problem after that..but she 84 and hates my bikes..

But..I have a picture of my Dad (RIP) on my bike..and she knows he never could have one..

But he loved every second on mine..

So..it will pass..

11. 47Ford - 1.5Ton

47Ford - 1.5Ton

What are your grades like in school? What do you plan on doing after highschool?

These questions alone answer alot..... got a plan for a year from now?

(Job, Schooling etc?)

Why you ask that I'm throwing these questions at you?

Show your Mom this...........

[​IMG]

Parents have been letting me take stuff apart since I was too little to remember. If my grades were good, my nose was out of trouble, and I knew the words "please, thank you, sir and ma'am" and actually used them.... I did as I pleased.

I'm just starting now to get to the age of the 'other side'

Graduated from Highschool... went on to college, and ended up being employed by a Fortune 15 company during my last 3 years of college (which that job made it possible for me to pay for school) and got a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering degree in 2006.

Its nice when you enjoying tinkering and occasional math and it pays the bills and then some. I cant complain as alot of people in my age group do not have the skills to do simple home and auto repairs (which they then get gouged BIG money for).

All because I can use a wrench and was good at math......and because my parents let me.

So again.... grades good? Could they be better? Got a head on your shoulders?..... Chances are your mom knows the answer to those questions.... and consequently, her answer to the previous questions will also probably be the answer to your truck project.

12. dmackustom

dmackustom
    from wichita ks

if you're 17 you should have a job. Rent a place to store it if you want it that bad.