Register now to get rid of these ads!

The latest photo thread ever, and one of the best shows on earth GoodGuys Columbus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NotStockPhoto, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Awesome photos and great overall coverage of the entire show. Better late then never, thanks for taking the time to share your photography.

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

NICE pix... thanx for posting especially with the weather many of us are facing. Gary

PS - we need to start classes for these, should be more interesting than just repainting a pedal car, eh?

[​IMG]

3. Great pictures, I enjoyed looking at them. Thanks.

4. aceuh

aceuh

Great work bro! It almost seems like I was there.

5. brady1929

brady1929

nice pics, thanks

6. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Thanks for posting the pics.I see some local NJ cars were in attendance.The green WW2 Jeep,I have seen in person.Thats neat.

Some guys have the right idea,but its all down hill when it comes to wheels and tires.

7. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Thanks everyone like every GoodGuys show I have ever been to it was a blast. I didnt even go to the nostalgia drag racing, and I kick myself for not making it.

Also Columbus and everyone at the show was very nice made me feel like I was back home in Texas..........Well except for the accents lol

8. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I agree 100% nothing ruins a cool car more than american racing torque thrusts on a car thats traditionally built. the other thing that gets me is modern seats in a car(thats trailered) on a car that every inch is traditionally built then has say a 60/40 bench seat out of a late model chevy pickup.

Again not my style but at least they are doing something who knows that car may be the deal of the century you find in a few years and all you have to do is change the wheels

9. leadfoot

leadfoot

Just what I needed to see when it's 10 degrees outside.
    Thanks !!!

10. sololobo

sololobo

J.J., as leadfoot said! Great timing to see a cool ass show like this. We are buried in tons of snow and the temp is subzero, so this looks extra special. Really some xlnt pix man, it is so generous of you to share. Last summer I posted that I was going to a traditional show is K.C., Mo. vs G.G. in K.C. on the same date. I said because my 18"" wheels didn't come in I was going to Greaserama vs G.G., ended up hurting my pal Malcolm's feelings and felt like an ass. So now when I see those killer cars sporting huge wheels, 60-40 seat whatever I just shut my trap and enjoy the sweet work done on the ride. I can't build diddly so why should I judge. It is obvious that you recognize this as well and photo killer cars even if they don't meet our trad. ideas. Good for you for keeping the mind open, thanx again for a spectacular coverage of another well run G.G. event. Livin thru your lens and lovin it!! ~Sololobo~

11. Jim Sideways

Jim Sideways
    from Ohio

We were going to go, got baby sitter and all Hell blew in. Down Poor!!!!!! We are an hour away from there. Instead went to cinci. Dave and Busters. I wish we went up Sunday. That was the nice day..... Anyways Thanks for driving all those hours so I can see what I missed out on;)

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

Cool stuff! There are definitely more that one of your shots in the Gazette. Did you get that issue??

13. Great Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting them!!

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Damn good pics, thanks.

How much did the Thames sell for?

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Outstanding group of well taken photos! I enjoyed the show in person and just got to enjoy it AGAIN. The best part was seeing cars I TOTALLY missed! Cool.

Also, I completely agree with your comments. There were a TON of neat cars there and I enjoyed all of them, even the ones that made me scratch my head.

I noticed you had a number of pictures of the cars going through the award ceremony. Did you happen to get any shots of the Christian Rodder's Association 32 Roadster? It was the Burgandy and Champagne two toned '32 Roadster towards the end.

It is an OT car, but it was a great week for the young men involved with that project. My son was the "big kid" involved with the build and did the striping on that car. Would love to see your perspectives on it if you have any shots.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  16. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Nice pictures thanks for sharing!

17. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for your effort. That's a great representation of the variety of a Goodguys event. They get trashed a lot with no basis for it at all. In my days as a vendor (from the mid-80's), no promoter ever came close to being as cool and easy to deal with as Gary and the guys.

It's also comforting to know that not even a pro can count on getting perfect indoor shots every time using digital!

18. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Great pics man! Thanx for sharing..... Never too late!!

19. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

awsome pics, really needed that being it is only friggin 5 degrees here right now!

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This thing is cool!

[​IMG]

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great photos bud, thanks for sharing.
    With that being said I completely disagree with you. First of all NO ONE can attend "all shows", physically impossible.;) I don't attend a car event that is not geared toward what I am into. There are just too many other events across the country to attend a shows that "might" have a handful of cars I like. I pick and choose events that I know I will enjoy the most out off all the possible ones available to me. Life is too short to search for "one little piece of something" that might flip my switch.

For example even though I don't mind them I don't attend any strickly muscle car events. Likewise I like Corvettes but I don't attend their events either. I LOVE Oldsmobiles as you know BUT after attending a stickly Oldsmobile event last summer, actually two, I decided that I don't love the stock ones that much to spend time and money at another Oldsmobile event. Get my drift? A GG event brings in alittle bit of this an alittle bit of that and I like that style. Perhaps this is what you meant?

There are more and more events out there nowdays that have strict focuses and I think that is a good thing. Why NSRA decided to "expand" their focus when they had a nitch market is beyond me. They should have just fixed their issues. I have many, many car events choices, I don't have to attend a below par ones to get my car fix.

22. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

Amazing photography. Thanks for that!

23. These two cars are titties. Period. Almost enough to make me want a roadster. Got to tell myself "There's enough toys...".

Great pics,thanks!

24. Hart Rod

Hart Rod
    from Syracuse

Great Job! Who needs to wait for the mag coverage with these pics. I especially like the driver shots.

25. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Awsome shots. Can't wait to get back to Columbus next season.

26. Amazing to see those high dollar pro-built cars tosssed around the autocross.

27. Capochi

Capochi

AMAZING Show and GREAT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for share!!

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

They had to this year if they wanted to be consider for the GG Hot Rod of the Year award. Some drove them like they stole them, others did the basics. Very cool none the less to see them getting driven.

29. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

nice very nice