Register now to get rid of these ads!

help identify this vintage 32 3window east coast build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BianchiCorp, Oct 30, 2008.

1. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

Hey guys here are some pictures of a 32 3window I picked up about 4 or 5 years ago that had been sitting for quite some time. I have yet to do anything with this car and this is how I found the car less grill shell. It is an un-chopped 3window with a heavy channel, z'ed in the rear with about a 6 inch set back fire wall. It has a chromed front end with torched slots in the front axel. Chrome 55 Chevy steering box. The motor has since the first build been changed to a small block. The car has a square roll bar and 55 Chevy rear, with a set of olds lower control arms mounting it and has provisions for a push bar out the back. I was able to trace the car back to 64 and 65. In 1964 it had a cross ram 413 in it with steel wheels a red interior and white paint. In 1965 it was painted the maroon, grape, brown that you see it now with a white interior and the same wheels. (I will post these pictures later) At one time the car was stick and since has an auto in it. I also feel that at one time it had torque tube rear in it due to the fact that the shock mounts that are on the rear cross member could never work with the rear end that’s in it now. The car has some distinctive features that might help some of you guy be able to id this car such as the pin striping and the name that’s on it "striping by the English", steering set up, front end and color. Any pictures or history of this car would be awesome! Let me know what you got....

Thanks R B

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I'm curious gonna have to keep watching this one. What are your plans for it?

3. 31whitey

31whitey

Was the car found in Jersey.

Could be the JOE GERDELMANN Jr. car.....after alot of changes

but Im guessing you know that

4. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

Car was found in New Jersey!, however it does have some ny paperwork on the windshield... have any pictures of the car, names not ringing a bell.....

RB Jr.

5. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

My title ferit says it is a 1932 Murray bodied Henway.....Neat little car...Congrats

6. 31whitey

31whitey

Just one pic on page 61 in "Cool cars square roll bars"

REALLY a stretch I think as joes car looks channeled more.

But the jersey connection jumped out at me....

I am doubfull now...The car was a hemi car with white wheels...Grille shell placement caught my eye as it looks low enough .

7. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Randy,
    Wasn't Gary Dicso's [sp?] channeled, unchopped 3W from Cliffside Park painted Brown?
    This was back in the late '60's, early '70's when I first met you, and I lived in No. Bergen.
    Granted things were a little foggy in those days, but what ever happened to his car?
    Alex

8. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

That car became un channeled, full fenderd, small block powerd with A/C and is painted red

9. Whitey,

It sure looks like Gerdelman's car, the light posts look identical to the ones in CCSRB. Also the way the wheel fall on the rear fender look similar too. Definetly been through alot if it is though. Randy, where did you find it in Jersey - if it was from down this way I can ask around a bit.

MRAK

10. 31whitey

31whitey

Un channeled, full fendered, A.C

The horror....oh the horror....hahaha.

Another thing that caught my eye was the lettering.

Its VERY similar to the lettering "TOUGH ENOUGH" on the GENE LADE 3w coupe.

Now Im guessing the lettering on both cars was done after the time your are looking for but there is something familar.

I believe Gene has since passed, and the cars is running wire wheels, and a nailhead but still has the cream colored top.

Would be worth finding out who owns the coupe now.

There is no arguing that the coupe is an old EAST coast drag car....someone should know this car.

Ill keep hunting.

11. Tony

Tony

Did the previous owner have it registered in NY him self, or was in prior to him owning it?
    I only ask because in some instances, the registration sticker on the window *may* get you in contact to who owned it in NY if it wasn't the guy you got it from...That is IF you have someone up here you know that is willing to do a little leg work..
    A year or registration, plate number and VIN ( if you didn't get papers with it that may be handy to have) should be listed on the window sticker, and in the right circle could yield the person who owned and registered it in NY.....from what i can see of it it look's to be in the 80's sometime, maybe mid?
    And may be a start in tracking where he got it from etc etc.......

Not exactly a simple thing, and i know that here in NY records are only kept so long before they are discarded, that may be the case here..but ya never know..

Just a thought

:Edit:
    Then again, i just realized you've traced it back to the mid 60's already, so everything i typed just flew out the window :D:D

Very cool car btw and i hope you find it's history.

Tony

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  12. The car looks vaguely familiar but I can't place it offhand.I'll check through some of my little books to see if it is there.

I believe the pinstriping was done by "the Englishman" who was a striper of note in the 50's and 60's and I believe he was from New Jersey.Anthony White should remember.I used to see his work on a lot of motorcycles back then.Nice striping on the car by the way.

13. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

These are the two earliest pictures i have of the car that i did not include before.....

RB Jr.

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  14. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

someones got to know something....

RB Jr.

15. i worked for gene lade the family still has the hot rod and the letters it has is tuff enuff had it on his big rig too oh by the way i looked at car today it still looks good

16. 31whitey

31whitey

Awesome to know the family still has the car.

Its one of the great ones.....

I,ve been trying to watch my spelling errors and stop swearing so much.

Its ironic I actually corrected something that was intentionally spelled wrong while looking at a picture....I'm getting better....BTTT

17. i worked in the garage where the car was stored it still had race numbers 488 b/a on it in late 70 to 84 in race trim it sat there since about 65 i have a poster from daytona with the car on it as it sits now i even sat in it today just thinking of him i wanted to go for a ride again yes it was a great ride down memory lane he bought the car in 51 he built it as a show car from 53 till about 57 - 59 then raced till 65 i think i might be corrected on the years by some that know more

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  18. genes coupe in 95 still looks like this now new 011.jpg new 012.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  19. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Someone has to know something on this thing....

20. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Nope......friend of mine from PA owns the former Joe Girdleman '32 3w coupe.... It's not that car......

CB

21. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

No north east hambers?

22. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Isn't that basically what he's doing??

With as much history as you have and given the details on the car, it seems like someone should know something about it from racing.. I suspect if it was raced it was seen by quite a few eyes..

23. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Yeah, but I'm not as old as you! Haha ~ Scott

24. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

your 100% correct it had to have served equal time as a street and track car......

25. 41fastback

41fastback

Is Gary Disco still around? Remember him from car shows back in early 70's.

26. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

looks to me like it was originally a race car then switched over to street. the push bar that was welded to the rear crossmember was cut off and the hole filled for street duty. front spring and lower mounts are later, so there's lots of progression shown on the car. I'm sure you would be hard pressed to recognize the car when it was a race car unless you got a good look at the roll bar.

27. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

Scott its a real good caaaaaaaaaa with a square roll baaaaaaaaaaa!

28. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

I think the hole is still in the rear pan...

29. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

didn't see it in the two pics of the rear pan..... all I see is the plate bracket and light.

30. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

PM 1935Ron, he owns the kassa Coupe and he's in Jersey. He might know something or someone who does.