Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vendetta Pickup debuting at GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by USMercUte, Dec 8, 2009.

1. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Vendetta" is a custom pickup that has evolved over a four year period and is now complete and heading to the GNRS in January. The brain-child of Tom Stephens (young guy) and John Nissen (old guy), built as an after-hours shop project that got out of hand in Nissen's Hot Rod Garage in Northern California. The truck is a true hot rod that contains parts from 12 different makes of automobiles and 1 boat. With over 1500 louvers, a 1963 Ford 406 FE, blown (Novi), injected, 4 wheel independent, chopped, channeled, sectioned, it is an all steel 1948 Ford Pickup (plus other makes) with lots to look at. Check it out at the website www.vendettapickup.com and tell us what you think.

2. Man I can appreciate the work that has gone into that.

3. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

you may mean'debuting"

4. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We build cars better than we type!

5. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

and a damn good job...hands clapping here!!!!!

6. Gerg

Gerg

holy shit thats one amazing looking build!

7. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

It's kewl. :cool:

8. Roadsir

Roadsir

That's cool. It would look really cool with Repro Artillery Wheels....and deserves a subdued color..

9. I like the truck and I'm impressed with the amount of work that has gone into the build so far, I hope you make the show in January. The only thing I disagree with in the bare metal shots is the wheel & tire combo. It needs 16's & 18's, or 18's & 20's traditional inspired one-off wheels wrapped in a low profile tire. Here's a great example Marvin Bok's '39 Ford Convertible
    [​IMG]
    Photo from www.StreetRodderWeb.com

10. Man
    Don't ya love those long fenders !!!

11. 666Irish

666Irish

Wow, that truck is absolutely gorgeous!

12. blockhead

blockhead
    from Pooler, GA

The attention to detail on those welds is killer. Great job, Guys!

13. Gotta tell ya it looks a lot better than the drawing, love the heater.

14. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

ahhh yes, exactly... ;)

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yeah it definitely needs to be more street roddersih, those sidewalls might fool someone into thinking the truck's gonna be driven. :eek:

not...

16. First let me say your workmanship is first class. I do have a problem with the balance of the cab and length of the body. The cab seems a bit tall and would work better with the rest of the truck if it had a 2"-3" chop. IMO

17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. Nice vision. I hate to say thet I don't like the wheel/tire choice but I realize you didn't build it for me. Everything else on this thing is right on. Not a 'me too' bone in it anywhere. Is it done or is that it's current state?

18. jj mack

jj mack

My 2 cents....you did ask.

You need the right wheel and tire combo. Id say wider in the front, but it looks like you have clearance issues in the pic with the wheels turned. But defiantly, as mentioned above, you need larger diameter wheel to bring the truck into proportion.

Please get rid of those Black gauges! Gauges should always match First the style of the truck, Second each other.

The way the fenders come into the bed....just doesn't look right. They look like an afterthought (or that particular bed was and after thought)...IMO.

I love the detail work! And man that looks like a lot of work! I know it is not finished and I might end up eating my words once it is complete!

Thanks for sharing

19. Astrochimp

Astrochimp
    from NE Mo.

More than tires and wheels, I think the problem (for me!) is the wheel openings.

Not sure if it is size or where the wheel fits in them, but am sure I don't like the shape, front or rear.

But I drive a truck I painted in my yard with stupid wheels the PO installed...........

David

20. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

now that is a bitchin build

21. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for all the responces. We appreicate the comments. The bare-metal shoot was last winter and the truck is now painted a custom mix butterscotch orange and is 98% complete, AND Yes, it will have a different wheel/tire combo. Because it is a 60's style custom we are going with wide whites and a lot of fine line pinstripping (stripped by Craig Judd of chowchilla, CA). The dash instruments (58 Chris Craft) have all been rematted since the photos.

22. vert1940

vert1940

i agree with jack...i like the heater box.is it a heater or will it be something else?the v-8 in the back looks great,headlights,latch,exhaust...well hell,the whole thing!!

23. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The heater is out of an early GMC truck and houses the Vintage Air controls on both sides and the center is the air outlets and the bottom is a hidden auto stereo face. The V on the tailgate is 51 Chrysler Imperial with both stop and running lights in the 8. Thanks for looking.

24. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I like the bodywork/mods.

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Quite a lot of work...the detail is fantastic...having said that, IMHO (and as a lifelong graphic artist), I think you missed an important part of the build...the tail gate...with all the roundness to the cab, front end, the fenders and dash, the flat taillgate says to me, "ooops, we'd better put something in here or it's going to look unfinished." The tailgate should be rounded, or leaned forward, ala a '55 Nomad...or at least finished so that it matches the lower pan and lower fenders...then I think you'd have a great truck...

But, then again, that's just my 13 cents worth you didn't ask for, so, do with it what you will...

R-

26. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might not show in the photos but the front headboard of the bed is curved to match the conture and body line of the cab and and the tailgate follows the same lines. On the website under photos there is also a box to click that shows the build photos. It is easy to miss but those photos may answer some questions. Again, thanks for the input.

27. Not my cup of tea, but I do appreciate the workmanship.

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, I am liking this one. Great work and the final product sounds fantastic.