Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally got a date to go to Oz

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Caballo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be leaving the USA for Oz on the 3rd of December. Shite will get loaded out on 11/30-12/01.

I will miss you Tejas peeps, but I'll still keep in touch here with some stories n' whatnot.

Perth, here I come!

2. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well make sure you get hold of us when you get here.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

El C. I was just asking where you have been.. you move more then I do... have fun down under. you bringing any hotrod with you

4. fc ute

fc ute

as pete says get in touch when you get here.
    whereabouts are you staying? east perth?

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boones, that made me laugh, 'cuz it's so true. This is it for me tho'. I am getting my masters in Environmental Safety & Health so I can be a safety guy at a plant somewhere, anywhere, so I don't have to continually move anymore. Twenty years of moving is enough! Houston was supposed to be it, done, stay in the big office on Post Oak and just go from project to project, floor to floor, and put down roots. Lots of folks who won't move got their walking papers. Not me, I got a plum assignment, and I get to go have fun with the Ozzies. When I get my degree, then I can think about switching companies, but until I can get myself in that position I'll stick with them.

As someone put it; "Who's chasing you?" :D

Fellahs, I'll be at either the Medina or the Mantra in E.Perth just blocks from the office. I'll be getting in on the 5th of the month and I'll have Sunday to try and recover from jet lag. They want me at work on the 7th, hopefully I won't be a zombie. As soon as we get somewhat settled, we'll meet up for a pint. I'll PM you guys with contact info when I get it.

6. Ignore the PM I just sent you then. :)

See you soon.

7. 41 Dave

41 Dave

El C, Good luck down there in "Oz Land". How long before you start a rod down there ?

41 Dave

8. Jesus.
    I'm envious.
    There's no Table Talk pies in Australia......I'd bet.

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope, dammit, no Table Talks, but they do have Mrs. Mac's meat pies...

I've learned what all the fuss was about with Victoria Bitters, good stuff.

10. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Meat Pies & VB mate????

You ARE in Australia!!!!!

11. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, well, I'm here and I like to go native. I have my Tevas, board shorts, and black t-shirts (never been into WB's) so I'm bogan already I guess.

Even though some stuff is different, I feel at home already.

12. Have fun over there, and be thankful to work for a company who will transfer you instead of laying you off. Jobs are hard to come by now.

13. Welcome mate,pretty cruzy here,hope you brought your suncream.:cool:

14. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only reason I have a job is because I will go anywhere and do anything, that's my rep.

Once I get my masters in ES&H, procurement can kiss me goodbye. I'll be too busy writing my own checks then.

15. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just like Texas...

16. 63Compact

63Compact

Dont let those Perth boys lead you astray.

17. Ah, the memories. Just need a DimSim to round the meal off. :D

18. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

But did you hear that they're scrapping the PolyWoffle ??? :mad:

19. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey mate once you are settled give me a call on 0449 844 387. Can hook you up with a few car guys as I imagine FC Ute is doing.

Oddly enough Im an environmental and safety manager for large resource projects :)

20. Had a chat to El C today. Will hook up on Saturday for a bit of a garage crawl. Was thinking of cruising by fc ute's place and then up Malaga way. Maybe West Coast clubrooms (briefly) and Les Moran's shed, Phil's place etc.

You going to be at your workshop, Pete?

21. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe.... call me before you head over, might have a mate staying with me and she may want to go to Lano surfing.

You know Les has moved??

22. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmOZZZZZZZ!!
    Got to go in the Navy. Havent been the same since. Austrailia is the only other country I'd consider. I put on a resume one time in the other languages section that I spoke/read Australian. They wanted me to demonstrate. I did, they got real upset. I'm glad I got a better job shortly thereafter. I hate being the "smartest" dude in the room. Good luck and have a real good time. Great folks down there. CHEERS.

23. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You and I definately need to chat... ;)

I have a real estate appointment to look at a beach house in Scarborough at 2pm, so I have to be there with the o/l in tow.

24. oz40

oz40

Great move, now enjoy the best what aussie has got to give.
    Hope to meet up with you when I get back also.
    oz40

25. fc ute

fc ute

brootal, i wont be here this weekend, have a job to do on one of the flight simulators up at pearce air base.
    any other time no problems
    craig

26. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there some sort of regular HAMB night possible at a local watering hole?

27. G,day your coming at the right time for the west coast nationals at Bussellton down from Perth at easter. Local hamb guys might be able to organise a catch up . I,m coming over,looking forward to it..The Captain..........

28. Knew he was going to, didn't think it would happen so quickly though, although it's probably a couple of months since I last dropped in.

No dramas, we'll find someone to annoy. :)

29. 32V8

32V8

It gonna be as hot a hell on saturday (39c) so u betta drop around my place as well, there should be a cold beer in the fridge. Take a look at Topchops A coupe and with luck maybe my coupe will have plates. Thats a reason for a beer or two!

30. Sounds like a top idea. We can wait for Phil to finish work and get pissed before him for a change. :D