Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Cost of your next step

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Dec 4, 2009.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Can't make any progress unless you spend money? I need to refill or start a new tank rental so I can weld. Need around $300., what is ground your project to a halt?:confused:

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The economy in general!

3. 5window

5window

Paint-and economic fear. It's not that I don't have the money now, it's whether I can spend it now and have more later.

4. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

32 yards of cement:eek:

5. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Lack of a garage.

6. ocool25

ocool25
    from Indiana

Ditto!

7. barslazyr

barslazyr

x2 I can use the one at work after I fix everything there that needs it.

8. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Cheaper to buy your own tanks in the long run.... if you can.

9. 3K worth of bodywork and paint yet to pay for. Then glass, chrome, interior, weatherstripping......AARRRGH!

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That and some serious debt draining all my money off. The way I see it, pay it off as quick as I can them all that money is free to spend on my car.
    Doc.

11. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Like others...I am Garage-challenged. The other culprit is time.....to many responsibilities and fires to put out.

12. vernmotor

vernmotor
    from ohio

Transmission parts 700.00 would be good...

13. Larry T

Larry T

Probably about 1500.00 to finsh setting up the narrowed 12 bolt rearend for my Anglia. Kinda hard to cut corners on racecar drivetrains. I think it's still gonna be cheaper than a 9" Ford.
    Larry T

14. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

400 dollars or so for building my exhaust. Need Brockman mufflers, mandrel bends, straight pipe, hangers, and tips. Once I have all of that I can do the building, but paying for the parts is likely happen after the new year at this rate.

15. Ghost28

Ghost28

The cost of my next step is all the steering connections from the column down to the vega box for my project. Once there installed I can blow it all apart and do all the finals on the frame, and under body welding. There is lots to do before spending any serious money which I don't have...John

16. hemi

hemi

Christmas and kids... I need about $300 for a steering box swap.

17. Bodywork consumables...

I have a IROC 12:1 605 box and pump to sell to start me off.

18. Domn8r

Domn8r
    from Helena, MO

I need money for interior .... recent lay-offs have depleted my resoources

19. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am trying to drum up around 5-6k to fullfill my parts list for the next DragCar project...been working overtime and now looking into selling some stuff off....I may unload the Chevy 409 thats bolted in the Divco..and maybe the Divco itself..had thoughts of selling my Model A Pickup as a roller...but really..who is going to fit into it.....I am lucky I have the overtime available.........sometimes I wish my only hobby was collecting rocks !.........This HotRod hobby is driving me mad...I would sell myself on the street corner for parts money, but I am not too marketable ha ha ha .......I just cannot stop myself or my mind...and have no grasp on moderation.....Littleman

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  20. chris55

chris55

Need around 550. for tans. work, 250. for suspension parts, 400. for fenderwell headers, and the list goes on and on.

21. About $1500 to sand blast and powder coat my entire car inside and out, frame, suspension and drive train. Yea.

22. Need money to build engine for my Willys project. Been trying to sell my roadster pickup but no luck yet. Need to buy a new sfi approved flywheel, pressure plate so I can get the bottom end balanced. Hundreds of dollars that just aren't there.Also need cam and kit, rings, bearings etc. Need to buy a pair of aftermarket axles with bearings and studs. Another $400 or so. There are still some things I can do without spending money so I haven't ground to a complete stop yet. Gotta sell that RPU!

23. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

this is depressing

24. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

i´m with u zimm.

25. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

It's pretty reduntant.....As soon as you have collected up enough $$$$ for the next "big purchase". There's too many more to follow.

It hasn't made me stop yet.....

26. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

Don´t even want to think about it.new bought 66chevy II need ewery thing.
    sold the 51 on the avatar,boy do i regret that!
    the money dont even last to do the brakes,

27. I need about a hundred grand to pay off my house then I'd have extra money for the projects. I read where some guys don't have garages and here I got a big one but can't afford to do anything in it. Hell I'd love to be able to afford the gas bill to turn the heat on out there to just be able to get something done.

28. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Many years ago around christmas time.I left my backgarage door unlocked.And of course I was robbed.Worst thing was they stole my 125,000 Btu torpedo heater.Stopped progress for 2 months,The fires I lit on the garage floor didn't work ,I was pissed .Since then I installed a 16 foot garage door ,Sad but shortened garage down 12 x20 for family room .Its still23x20 Only one way in and one way out and torpedo heater is hard piped in to outside vent.If I ever have a problem I've got to run through the wall with 2 foot centers .

29. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I need a new water pump , spark plugs , plug wires for the Ford 302 engine I am rebuilding . Also need a new clutch , pressure plate , throw out bearing , cable and mandrel . Will then see if I will need a drive shaft , but can count on needing one . So about $600+ . Then I go for the body work which is mostly sanding and paint .

RetroJim

30. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

time and money no!, no!, no!, that's not it, it's and money and time or was it time and money, ................it's one of those.

Need some Coil Overs and shock mounts, Flywheel, PP clutch blah blah this IS DEPRESSING!!