Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frank Winfield 41 Plymouth pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod-kenny, Nov 27, 2009.

1. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

My wife got me the book "The legendary custom cars and hot rods of GENE WINFIELD" last christmas. I just looked tru it again today. There is a rally cool picture of Frank Winfield's 41 plymouth in the snow. I would like to see more pictures of this car, if there are any out there? pics of other 41 plymouths with padded tops would also be interesting.the car had a 3 inch chop, top by Hall Tops and a 49 Kaiser-Fraser grill.Kenny.

2. plmczy

plmczy

3. thinkfink

thinkfink

would be interested in seeing a shot too...never heard of or saw this one before...

google only delivered this:
    http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Frank_Winfield's_1941_Plymouth

"Gene Winfield chopped the top, windshield and side windows of Frank Winfield's 1941 Plymouth 3 inches. The car was then taken to Hall Upholstery for a Carson style top. Gene used a grille from a 1949 Kaiser-Fraser on the Plymouth, and he reworked the hood in order to make it look like a 1948 Ford. The bumpers on the car came from a 1937 DeSoto. Fender skirts on the car came from a 1941 Buick.
    Frank's Plymouth was powered by a 1948 Dodge engine.
    Frank used the Plymouth as his daily driver until he sold it in 1956."

4. I'm yet to see a picture of it either

5. Rikster

Rikster

This is the photo of Frank Winfield's 1941 Convertible from the Gene Winfield book.

All I have on this car... wish I had more.

[​IMG]

6. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

such a cool pic! would be cool to see how the kaizer-fraser grill looked on it, and the dark coloured top was unusual.

7. thinkfink

thinkfink

tough to judge the real car, but again thanks a lot again Rik (we almost get daily with the thanking :D).

well this one shows the Kaiser grill...may be this helps to get and idea

Attached Files:

8. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

I have been loooking for info on this car myself without luck. Maybe we could find some if we know what happened to the car. Did he sell it for example, maybe it was featured in the little mags later belonging to another guy?

9. zombie77

zombie77

Ive also been trying to find pictures of this car and no lucks thanks for the post

Attached Files:

• mine.jpg
      mine.jpg
      File size:
      117.5 KB
      Views: