Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Cobra Merc" Sly Stallone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigdaddy, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Sly Stallone Strikes Over Stolen 'Cobra' Car
    Posted Dec 1st 2009 5:29PM by TMZ Staff

Sylvester Stallone claims someone was stupid enough to steal one of his most famous cars nearly 15 years ago -- and now the guy who has it is refusing to give it back.

It's all over the "iconic custom-built" 1950 Mercury featured in the Stallone classic, "Cobra." Stallone claims he had personally designed the car to fit his role in the film.

But Sly claims someone jacked the famous ride from a garage back in 1994 -- and it somehow got into the possession of a company that provides "on-camera vehicles" for movies. Sly claims he asked the owner of the company to give him the car back -- but the owner has refused.

Now Sly and his legal pit bull Marty Singer have filed an awesomely written lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court, which begins with a quote from the movie -- "Crime is a disease. Meet the cure."

In the suit, Sly claims "by sheer fortuity" he came across a car auction on the Internet that featured the very same Mercury from "Cobra." Stallone claims he was shocked that someone had the "temerity" to try and sell the car in public -- since Sly had reported it stolen back in the day.

Sly never directly accuses the movie-car company of stealing the whip, which he claims is worth more than $250,000. The car company pulled the Mercury from the auction, but Sly still has some serious demands.

First -- he wants the car back, stat.

Second -- Stallone wants $3 million because the car company's site allegedly used Sly's name and image to promote the auction without proper permission.

Attached Files:

2. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

They drew first blood.......

3. SteadyT

SteadyT

hmmm... the car seemed cooler when I was 10... Movie car fame or not, she needs a few changes :cool:

4. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I love that Merc. Supercharged and all.

5. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

It may have been the cholos in the 63 he smashed. Thats my guess.

6. John Denich

John Denich

Why were you on TMZ???? Very weird story!!! I hope he gets his car back, and its worth a Quarter Million.....:rolleyes:

7. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

hahhahahahahaa I love me some mid day TMZ! from the comforts of my cube at work!

8. Didn't they demolish several Mercs to make that flick? Enough to make me barf.

9. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

i had the original steel body from BigAl Jim Lytles 34 ford stolen from my backyard many years ago is there still hope it will show up

Attached Files:

10. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

The word a few years back from Eddie Paul, the builder of those cars, was that the movie studio that made the film actually stole several of the Mercs while still on the car carrier trailer without paying him for them. At the time he said that, he was restoring one of them that a guy brought to his shop back to movie spec. I don't know how much of that is true, but if it it's legit, the Cobra Mercs have a bunch of weird history.

-KK

11. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I hate that car.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Check TMZ.

13. weez

weez

Wouldn't there be 2 or 3 of those things?

And why the hell does every dumbass in the world remember that movie when I'm driving my shoebox? "Yes it's exactly like "Cobra," thank you..." I haven't seen that movie since the 80s- has it even been on since? Why is it so fresh in the minds of John Q Public? Yeesh!

Mullet mullet mullet!

Whew!

Sorry, touched a nerve...

14. kingfishhotrods

kingfishhotrods

that car is why i bought my merc. i hope he gets it back

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"And why the hell does every dumbass in the world remember that movie when I'm driving my shoebox? "Yes it's exactly like "Cobra," thank you..." I haven't seen that movie since the 80s- has it even been on since? Why is it so fresh in the minds of John Q Public? Yeesh!"

Dude, if anything they are paying your car a compliment, whether you like the Stallone car or not. Be grateful for the admiration.

Then Rambo kick 'em in the forehead.:D

16. wasnt Eddie Paul on here at one point??........Its going to be tough to fight Slys legal pitbulls.......and hell yep I really like the car, scoop and all

17. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

hhahhahahahhaha sorry to set you off... had the pleasure of meeting your dad at the winfield watson open house... nice guy..hope all is well

18. 51Hg

51Hg

It may not be that traditional but it is the car that brought back mercs in the late 80's

19. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

If you read again,he asked why they say that when he is driving his SHOEBOX. Enough to make me laugh when people can't tell the difference between a Merc and a shoebox.

20. Ya, 20 years ago it was the coolest Merc ever. Needs some updates, but it's stil cool.

21. old beet

old beet

At one time some years ago I bought about 4 sets of inside window frames that came from the movie cars. The seller seemed to know what he was telling me to be true!

22. Sly and the Merc need a make over!

23. hope he gets it back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I read it correctly. My point was that even though they get the make/model wrong, they are still making a compliment. Perhaps instead of anger, a little education could be tossed at them. Just a thought.

50 Merc Man likes this.
  25. 51Hg

51Hg

At one point in time I had a chopped 54 chevy, I would laugh every time someone would walk up and say "nice chopped merc". I would then have to say" it's a 54 chevy" politely. Now that I have a chopped merc I find that everyone is saying "cool car....what is it".:D

26. Haven't seen your "cool" car but you Avatar is REAL COOL.. :D

27. chopdtop

chopdtop

Wouldn't that make it the second time that the car was stolen? Eddie Paul said the movie studio stole all 4 cars that he built for the movie.

Maybe Eddie Paul should get the car instead of Stallone, since he was never paid for building the car. :confused:

28. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Good point.

29. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

30. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

and the car chase