Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Baileigh Build........1930 Ford Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Dec 1, 2009.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Here are some sneak peak pics of the 1930 Ford we are picking up from Josh at Streetworks in January. Stay tuned for updates...:cool:

....any recommendations, ideas, feedback would be great!

Thanks Josh!

[​IMG]

2. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

3. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

4. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

5. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

6. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

what a way to show off you fine line of metalworking tools. Document a build using your tools. Looks like a great start.

7. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I would make a tastefully done full fendered Hot Rod out of it. with a flathead or a period correct Caddy,Olds ,Buick, Y Block or SBC in it. I would do it in a subtle manner and try not to be over the top with it. I nice deep maroon with black interior or black with a dark wine colored interior

8. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Oh yeah I would put a slight chop in it just because........lol....

9. trad27

trad27

That thing looks really complet, I wouldent go changing it too much. Looks like a nice start, keep us posted.

10. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Just because :cool:

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I would Chop it like 3-4", leave the full fendered treatment, no hood and a warmed up 8ba with a three deuce intake, polished Offy heads, mushroom top air cleaners. Then I would paint it a dark blue with complete red and white interior with matching red engine block. This would of coarse be mounted on '40 Ford 16 x 4" wheels perhaps painted black with 7 or 7.50's out back and some 5.50's up fornt. Suspension would consist of a original '32-'36 axle dropped 4" with reversed eyes.

Scavenger pipes that exit directly under the doors pointing down ward, with chrome headers mounted on the flatty.

Perhaps even run a spare tire out back.

12. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

From the looks of the inside of the trailer. It looks to already have been picked up.

13. rumblytruck

rumblytruck

Company logo colors ! Black with Gold/School bus yellow? wheels, block, striping, etc.

14. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

The paint that is left on there looks dark blue... paint it that color.
    Tasteful cream colored pinstripes.

Full fendered. 2" Chop. Blackwalls. Hoodsides. The only chrome should be the grill shell - and it shouldn't be chrome, it should be polished stainless. Upholstered top. 16" bent spoke KHs powdercoated black, V8 hubcaps. Simple, 21 stud flathead with 2 carbs - 1 higher than the other. Stock heads. Set of glasspacks exiting out the back. Spartan interior.

Shift knob fabricated from one of the handles off an antique lathe or brake.

- Joe

15. hemiboy

hemiboy

Chop it 7", no fenders, big Hoosiers with Salt Flats wheels, 12 spoke fronts, blown early hemi with a six speed. Baby blue. Full cage. You'll need it.

16. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

I look forward to see what the Baileigh team has in store for her.

I bought her a few years ago, and shamefully admit I ran out of places to store all my projects from the elements, so she lives in my trailer lol.

She's a nice solid car, after talking about the project I know she found a good home ;)

17. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This are all very good ideas in my book.:D

18. floored

floored

Just duplicate this. Silva nailed it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  19. TimDavis

TimDavis

THAT is how you build a highboy Model A.

All these over-chopped, over channeled cars with the tops of the rear tires over the decklids...it was cool the first couple of times...

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you head in the direction that Floored suggested you can't go wrong. Help put an end to the era of "overdone everything" (rat rod) and start replacing it with tastefully done hot rods.

Frank

21. Shane,
    What are your tastes in hotrods? Do you like pure hotrods then something like Floored posted is very close. I would chop it around 2.5 to 3 inches. Model or 32 style chassis/ Classic then full fendered with a slight chop. Either way seelies with rings and caps. What is the intended use? Do you plan on a business card build or a good long distance driver? They are not necessaryly opposed goals. BUt for a driver remember KISS>

22. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I like it. Got more pics?

23. Very nice, I wish I started out with that much car :)

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go look at Coop's A, dont build another ratilicious, super low, rusty, POS that most people are building from Tudors!
    Doc.

25. floored

floored

A few more. Notice the theme of not over slamming. There is a reason the fender lip has the same radius as the tire, and the window doesn't. Coop's is thrown in for being the best fendered A ever.

Attached Files:

26. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

The only thing that I might do to it would be to convert it to a sedan delivery; otherwise full-fendered hot rod.

27. floored

floored

28. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Man, Coop nailed it, huh...

[​IMG]

29. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks!

30. Agreed...... 100% Fenders, running boards and a nice dark color to show how straight the metal is.