Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Local Run SUnshine Coast Qld Australia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 29, 2009.

1. hudson48

hudson48

I was told about a monthly get together held at a local hot rodders shop on the Sunshine Coast on the last Sunday of the month.Starts at 7am and goes for a couple of hours.

Went along and was very suprised.About 35 cars and 100 people there.
    Coffee van set up doing flat whites and cappucinos and guys just checking out cars and catching up.

Took pics of mostly HAMB friendly cars so I don't get flamed again for daring to mention the SR words(in a club name mind you).Some people have nothing better to do.

Attached Files:

2. hudson48

hudson48

Some more

Attached Files:

3. hudson48

hudson48

Lastly we went onto a friends place at Bribie Island and he had found a 1951 Hudson in a carport.Turns out this car was purchased for a guy by his wife for a birthday present.He was going to do a mild custom job with a top chop,grille etc.It already has a Holden front clip with disc brakes and Holden steering etc.
    Looks in good shape EXCEPT!!!.
    It was in the workshop where this guy was doing the work.The shop owner was having a 6 tonne press delivered and it fell off the truck onto the back of the Huddie.OUCH!!
    This is for sale so any local HAMBERS let me know and I will put you in touch.The damage isn't really that bad as the door and rear quarter can be replaced and the roof section can be fixed when doing the chop.

Attached Files:

4. Sounds like a good day. Nice rides too!

5. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

6. mattfink

mattfink

This is at Kunda Park right? Have heard about this but have never actually been along, is this guy the TAC inspector for Qld now?

7. good to see X38's roadster out and about

8. Retroline

Retroline

LOL:D
    Nice shots hudson48

9. hudson48

hudson48

Sometimes I have to have things explained.Is there a joke here??

10. fat141

fat141

Thanks for posting the pics, always nice to see some Qld cars. Hopefully this w/e I will get more pics from Armidale Christmas Run
    Rod
    Dont get the joke either

11. Good Shots hudson48.

X38's roadster is pictured in your coverage.

see above

12. sololobo

sololobo

These type days are so fun, man I think they are better than the big deals most of the time. Looks like a super day. Thanx for taking time for us to go to your event with you!! Tough break for the mate with the cool Hudson. A mate of mine had an engine stand with an engine on it fall on a just finished 50 Nash 2-dr custom a few years ago, shop boo-boo's happen!! Can't be to careful--~Sololobo~