Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urban camoflage to hide junk cars from code inforcement Nazi's.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wsdad, Nov 29, 2009.

1. fat141

fat141

Ha ha ha, Land of the free
    Sorry, but I couldnt help it.
    Rod

2. Get some REAL camo netting from a surplus store and cover your it's-not-a-shed with that. It is now your kids/grandkids play fort. They just happen to be hiding a car inside it, to play with, of course. All kids love to play with cars. Their toy is just 1/1 scale. Paint the word "Tonka" on the side of the car somewhere, just in case the g-men have cause to search. Watch their befuddlement* as you kick back and smile.

*Needed an excuse to use the word "befuddlement" over here.

You really want an occasion to jack with your neighbors??? Build a deer stand that overlooks their property. Use that for paintball games in your backyard. Watch the hilarity ensue as your neighbors are now firmly convinced you are whacked and are scared shitless of you, and are now afraid of calling the local constabulary on you, much less confront or speak to you!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  3. Rod a mistake commonly made by foreigners, especially those who have never been here and travelled around the country is that they assume everything is done the same way nationwide. I can assure that's far from the truth. For example here in NH we have no state income tax, no sales tax, no mandatory car insurance, no seatbelt law, no helmet law for motorcycles, no titles for vehicles over 15 years old, very few gun laws other than the federal laws... Cross the border into Massachusetts and you'd think you're in another country..

4. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

Stack firewood up around 'em and then cover the top portion with a tarp. My uncle stored away a '55 Chevy sedan for about 20yrs. like this so nobody would know he still owned it.

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

Thats why I moved out to the panhandle on Denton county ..

[​IMG]

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True that! NHBandit and I live about 2500 miles (about 4000 kilometers) from each other. Might as well be another country, too.

The scale is all out of wack. There are more people in the city that I live in than the whole country of Iceland, and it is a small city. In the Los Angeles metropolitan area, there are more than ten times the people than live in NHBandit's state. It makes little sense.

7. RichG

RichG

:p...

Attached Files:

• 3341.jpg
      3341.jpg
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views:
  8. McDeuce

McDeuce

How about a big army surplus tent ... tell them you are camping.

9. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im giving away an idea here why doesn't any one make portable garages and or tops that blend into the senery... Or a pattern of leaves White or silver cmon

10. hahahahahaha to the 'green acreas"

11. samurai mike

samurai mike

a few years ago a friend of mine needed to block the view on one side of his property. six foot is all thats legal so he got four old school buses and screwed sixteen foot roofing tin to one side. keeping the tin about one foot of the ground. lined up the buses end to end. you coulden't see the buses or his stuff and the fence was mobile.

12. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

sounds pretty white trash to me.
    im all for screwing the man or whatever but jesus christ a shed made of old privacy fence...

13. 54 savoy

54 savoy

redneck, i love it, was going to do the same thing but the house got forclosed on and i moved to the country,kinda makes me feel good i think like a texan.

14. Put this on the side of the enclosure, while its not exactly camo it may get the message across

15. Bluefoot

Bluefoot

put it in front yard hang a mail box on it,then they'll be messing with the federal gov. you don't mess with the post office,

16. Ruiner

Ruiner

My personal favorite was a buddy had a legal fence around his yard, a parts car in the back, and neighbors that bitched about it...he was following the code, they kept calling and complaining so he hired a local graffiti artist to paint a very accurate and hairy cock and balls across the trunk, roof and hood of the car with rattle can spray paint...his neighbors could see it from their bedroom window, and he was still up to code since you couldn't see into the yard at ground level...it was hilarious...sometimes we'd go out there and rub the trunk and hood when the neighbors would start peeking out of their bedroom windows...hahaha...

17. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Fucking BRILLIANT!

18. Ruiner

Ruiner

Hey man, how've you been? How's that twin engine dragster project coming along?

19. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

My dad wanted a carport after my mother learned to drive, bought a car and comandiered the garage. Any thing bigger than 10 X 10 here needs a permit, and a permit always triggers drive bys from the building codes guy and the tax assesor.

We got to looking at his wood pile and got an idea. We restacked his fire wood in an "L" shape going out from the rear of the garage, and parelleling the side wall about 7 foot high. Then in order to keep the wood dry, ran some 2 x 6's from a ledger board on the garage, across the top of the wood pile. Then we got some corrugated metal roofing and attached it to the 2 bys to assure the wood would stay nice and dry.

The fact that his car fit under the wood pile cover was a happy coincidence. A brown tarp fashioned into a Roman Shade made a front door when the weather really wanted to get the wood wet. When Mom passed, Dad got the garage back and I stored my ice racing cars in the wood pile for several years.

20. Ruiner

Ruiner

I love the wood pile stories, makes me wish I had more trees to cut down since my neighbor and I plan on building a wood splitter next spring (out of sheer boredom and cheap scrapyard parts)...

21. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

It's actually a Fuel Altered...and it's creeping along slooooowly. Actually sitting here polishing valve covers...lots of valve covers....

22. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I've had the same problem with a man in my area. I got ride of my old house and bought some land that is right across from his house. Now the code here I can build a building up to 600 sqf. with out a permit and no power. (I use to live at the end of the road where he could not see my house at a dead end road. About 1/4 mile from his house.) So I'm building a small 20x30 building with a glass (plexie glass) front pointed at his house. I'm going to put a roll up door on it and put the junkiest cars I have in it and put a temp power pole up out side with a GFI plug on it with a photo cell on it and a drop cord to a light in my small building so light comes on at night and he will have to look at it. The great part of this is its all up to code. They told me how to do it with out any codesbeing broken.... Now thats what I call justice.

23. Ruiner

Ruiner

That's what I call being a douche...going out of your way to build a building to showcase your spite of your neighbor is WAY worse than just the usual petty things we pranksters do...why would you intentionally antagonize someone you have to live next to by using a permanent structure? Not only that, but it doesn't do squat for theft protection, property value or self-respect...sure, it's fine to get under people's skin here and there, but at some point you gotta just call it quits and ignore the moron...

24. fat141

fat141

Thanks for that info. Have only been to Wi. Ca., Az., Hawaii, Nevada, New Mex., all of which I thoroughly enjoyed and met lots of stand up people. Have managed to travel to US every second year over about the last 10. Just couldnt help being sarcastic.:rolleyes: No offence meant:)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  25. how about all you H.A.M.B. members in ca. By a de-funked town out in the desert;
    make your own rules.

26. sololobo

sololobo

Interesting approach, good thinking. Can't they just leave us F'n alone?? I am sure the city has more pressing matters to spend time on. But the hoodlum, hotrodders are a pretty dangerous faction for sure. ~Sololobo~

27. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

USE a Very Large ABOVE Ground Swimming POOL!!

You can get an old above ground swimming poll for FREE.

once the pump goes bad and the kids grow up,,people will give the the pool for FREE!!

It comes with metal sides, and a covered top. the liner is used on the inside ground area to keep ground moisture out.

Just install some hidden swing out doors so you can get your car inside!!

USE AN old ABOVE GROUND POOL!

arnold.

28. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

So i'm not the only person that has noticed this!

29. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

Oval shaped above ground pools come in 15 to 20 foot widths and 24 to 36 foot lengths...

you could get 2 cars in an old oval above ground pool and under its winter cover, and they would be covered and out of the weather too!!

I also like the wood pile idea too ,,that is smart!

30. You could really freak your neighbors out, and put up a Bedouin desert tent in your yard, Rent a camel for a few days. They'll move.