Register now to get rid of these ads!

sometimes you just can't help yourself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Just picked this up, plans for flattie power and two speed box, just to have some fun.............Carl
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

4. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

ive had that itch also. got 318 laying around a few 671 blowers and a pair of slicks and an old rear & straight axle and just grab some black pipe from work.. i got as far as narrowing the rear.

looks good, you got me motivated again

5. Gotta love it when that third car fits in the two car garage!

6. Gator

Gator

7. nice...but a flathead ? c'mon that thing needs some power up front

8. 562roadster

562roadster

That thing is screamin' for a Hemi!

9. It may be screamin for a Hemi but you see I just have this fascination with Henry's ol bent eight and I have most of the parts I need on hand hell I even have one of those old bent chevy's I could use but I won't, you see the world is flat in my opinion......................Carl

10. Ruiner

Ruiner

Needs a Pontiac motor...neat score man, do what you want with it and be safe...Pat Pryor, put the black pipe away and go get some DOM tubing please...

11. solid

solid

That's a beautiful thing.

12. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

well its not really going to be full out car, kinda mockup of what i would like to do when i get the money, more of a glorified engine stand. i would eventually really like to screw around with that motor and blower maybe i can teach myself somethings

13. Awesome score, have fun with that one!

14. bobjob55

bobjob55

don't forget a scatter shield over your differential ,,or you just might loose your boy's....

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

HaHa!! With a flathead in front he'll be able to catch anything that flies out with his bare hands. If the "boys" get hit it will only leave a bruise.:D

Frank

16. She's a beauty!!!!!

An anti rotation plate on the rear end will help the "boys" more. The rear end spinning hurt a lot more guys than gears coming out of the case.

17. RodStRace

RodStRace

Great deal!
    As for more power, just go with your plan and keep it over 9.99 so you don't spend all your money on stuff that doesn't make it go.

18. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

The only person I have actually known and spoken with that had a rear end come apart between their legs did it with a flathead. She did live through it, but it was a bit of a wallop. Yes, I said she. The rear end was a magnesium early Ford banjo, if I recall correctly.

19. At my age it might be the only action the boys get.......... they might be lookin forward to it...............

all kiddin aside we will be makin sure it will protect all parts of me, gotta keep the grandkids happy ya know.............

Jim will be postin my vision as soon as I get it together and hope to have er done by March .........

20. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Amen, brother!

21. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

Very cool find, I love it. Can't wait to see it finished.

22. Have a blast!

23. koth

koth

That is just too cool. I'm envious! Can't wait to see your plans.

24. Well its a start anyway hope to see ya in May Rocky.........

Attached Files:

25. rocnroll

rocnroll
    from alabama

So that little excursion in the 'truck' musta got your blood circulatin', huh?:D

26. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Hey, Roseville Carl, that is funnnnny shit!!!!bahahahahaaa...

27. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Friggin' awesome, that would be my dream come true to own a digger styled like that.

28. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

I can't decide which was funnier you guy's are killin me! Build a flattie ain't nothin sounds better than a radical flattie!

29. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Nice digger....man that will be killer. Congrats

30. Hey Roc that "excursion" brought back memories from 59,60 Half Moon Bay, and man did I get a rush, Rocky doesn't know what he did by having that event, damn I'm hooked again. In fact I'm so hooked I will be selling the Model A to finance this project.......Glad to hear you got the Willy's sorted out, didn't I say to double check the fuel system???............Carl