Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Domn8r

Domn8r
    from Helena, MO

My wife is very supportive and really enjoys and helps in any way she possibly can

2. Nomadness

Nomadness

Wife could care less, she does her thing, I do mine. I am looking at maybe getting rid of her for a cool girlfriend.

3. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

My wife likes cars she helps me in the shop sanding building motors ect. I'm lucky

4. I can help you with that

5. I'm very lucky to say my gal loves the culture and looks great in the 57 also....lol.

Attached Files:

6. Iceman7578

Iceman7578

My wife wants nothing at all to do with it.. Starts eye rolling if I mention cars....

7. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

no wife yet and hopfully not soon unless theirs some kind of accident haha. but the current girlfriend has dreams shes driving my moldel a n clames my 51 chevy as hers

[​IMG]

thats as close as i let her get to driving it.

8. SS Chris

SS Chris

My fiancee is deff into it. She races her stage 1 srt4.

9. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

your daughter, that because she not into boys yet. hehe

10. tomscj6

tomscj6

My wife (and kids) go to the local Donut Derelicts with me most every Sat.
    Also to Bonneville most years, also she drove the push truck when we were running our own car, she does not care much for El Mirage though.

11. punkroder

punkroder
    from socal

yep, she digs it

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I did all the work.........My wife helped me financially BIG TIME! 'Nuff said!
    I love my wife!!!

We both love Customs!!!

I'm a lucky fucker!!!:)

13. BadCat68

BadCat68
    from C.R. MN

My girlfriend is into looking at them, but shes not into me working on them because i wont stop working til i'm passing out or until i need a part after the stores close. She did say she will break up with me if i sell my car, ill test her when i move the car into my garage across town this weekend

14. ABSOLUTELY NOT!! SHE HATES IT! I think she jealous of the cars. she won't join in activities, , and hates the time I spend in the shop. But I enjoy it and the people I meet. and the the stories I hear. Working on the cars is a truly needed escape and a stress reliever. I think it will come down to the cars or her. I'm leaning towards the cars. They seem to be less of a headache, and make less noise!! Ya know, she wont even give it a try.

15. The wife hated the scene !my daughter loves the "pinup" look .
    Here she is at langley days hotrod show in the summer.

Attached Files:

16. That's her hang'in out with winfield ! ! ! !

17. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

she likes the muscle cars and the "sparkly" old ones. But I still like this sign

Attached Files:

18. ejsands

ejsands
    from Upstate NY

I am the wife... trying to rope the husband into the car scene. :) Seems odd, somehow... but I am enjoying his new-found enthusiasm over our latest aquisition. :)

19. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

I went up to Nevada with my wife for a wedding. While she was getting ready, I found myself at a small park car show. There was this lowered primered Hudson, a work in progress. I started talking with the guy sitting behind the car. It was apparent that he was the owner, but he did'nt really know much about the car. Then I realized that he has some medical problem, like a stroke survivor or something. Then his wife came up, a younger woman. She started talking about how they found the car back east, and how they got another one for parts and stuff. She found a builder to help with it. I told her that I might be interested if it was ever for sale and we exchanged e-mails. Later, I discovered that their last name was "Hudson". And it dawned on me that her man had gotten sick. So, to give him something to do and live for, she got this car with the same name and got it going for him. She took him and his namesake car to shows just to get him out and have something to be proud of.
    My wife thought car people were low life. She's gone now.

20. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Wife no.
    Girlfriend yes.

21. grease and ink garage

grease and ink garage

my wife does not hate it but she is more into horses !!
    1 hp is not my cup of thea !! ;)

22. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

My wife is into it enough to support me, because she knows it makes me happy. Financial and moral support helps a lot. She goes on all the road trips with me to pick up parts.

23. grease and ink garage

grease and ink garage

respect !!
    this is my 14 yr old daughter in front of our house !!
    ( i think she ,s a bit to young !! or i am to old ?? :D )
    [​IMG]

24. little d

little d
    from sedalia mo

when i was a kid, all of the guys i rode with would go to a little 1/8 mile drag strip south west of us. we'd run each other and others, tuning our bikes, ect... well there was this little girl there with this dodge dart. she pretty much ruled her class. the guys that ran against her would throw such a fit when she won, all of us became her cheering crowd. i think we had more fun when she won then when we did, lol. she was married so i really didn't get to know her.

fast forward to about 6 years ago... i meet this cute little blond, and we hit it right off, after dating for a while, she tells me about this dart that she used to drag race, and how these " bikers" ( her words) would cheer like hell when she won a race, lol. we laughed our asses off when i told her i was one of those guys. we have been married for 5 years now, and ya I'm still her cheering crowd.

25. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

Now thats a cool story!

26. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Same here! Once the kids are gone and my rod is done, I'm pretty sure we'll part ways...

27. John Denich

John Denich

Nope and I am happy about it....I can go to shows, work in my shop, and hang with my friends with out her complaining...works out great!!!

28. little d

little d
    from sedalia mo

thank you blojectedj, after reading 18 pages of this thread, it just confermed how lucky i realy am! something to be thankfull for, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, little d.

29. ejsands

ejsands
    from Upstate NY

That's an awesome story. I wish more women were of this caliber. My husband is big time into comics. I support him in his hobby, and it's cool that he's taking interest in mine. It's that sort of mutual respect and compromise that makes relationships last. I love my husband, and i'd never trade him... not even for another gearhead. :)

30. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

My Ex-wife didn't like the cars........I miss my old cars more than her!