Register now to get rid of these ads!

C9 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retorq, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Gay, you are awesome! With all the hurt you must be feeling , you still can put a grin on my face. :-D Jay had a very special girl!!!

2. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Words are never enough when a loved one passes. I only knew Jay from the board but really enjoyed his writting and "virtual" friendship.

Your sense of humor will be invaluable to you in your time of loss. I often wonder how people get by that can't find humor in any situation.

Prayers to you and your family from Oklahoma.

3. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

This just sucks. I learned a ton from his posts. Sorry to hear this.

4. pitman

pitman

After being away from rodding for 23 years, the first guy to send pics and advice on fitting up a body to some rails...C9
    He was one of the most helpful, and always with a smile.
    Thanks Gay for letting us know, and how you are doing too.
    He'll be missed, a real generous guy!

5. We were, and it was my honour to be there to enjoy his and your company.

Got to admit to a burst of laughter at the toilet seat comment, that's what my sweetie would struggle with too. Funny how a lifetime of berating still can't stop us doing that, we know it's going to cuse us pain, sometimes even think about it while standing there, and then..... we leave it up anyhow. :)

6. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

I would like to offer my condolences to C9's family and friends from the HAMB and elsewhere,and especially to his wife.I obviously didn't know the man but really enjoyed his posts and stories.He will surely be missed.RIP.

7. Truly one of the greats has passed on I for one will miss this Renaissance man. "Sweetie" we'll be sure to toast him as my family celebrates Thanksgiving.

8. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Sad news indeed, Jay was so full of information and so eager to share it. Most guys like to keep their little tips and tricks a secret, but C9 shared and didn't make you feel like a jerk for not knowing.

Good guy, definitely a huge blow to lose someone like that.

9. Appleseed

Appleseed

Man...I can still picture his avatar...

10. striper

striper

Shit....this one really shocked me.

We see these sad posts from time to time but ....shit C9 was ubiquitous, omnipresent and always eloquent.

I think he'd like those words. He was a man of many words but they were always insightful and helpful. I will miss him.

RIP

Pete

11. Ohhhhhhh...I just found this..tears in eyes. I really looked forward to talking to Jay on the board.. he had a great insight into what we were really doing here. I'll miss his great love of big block buicks, roadsters and I'll really miss his wit and sometimes dry sense of humor.....kinda like a polite Bill Burnam, who I also miss terribly. I'm so sad now.
    Regret I never met Jay in person. I always made a mental note to stop and meet him the next time I got to the West Coast [notice capital letters] but never made the trip. Now I don't know if I even have a reason to go.

12. Prostreet32

Prostreet32
    from Indy

People of honest integrity, with carguy witts and a decient sence of humor,..
    old school-common sence, with a fun loving appreciation for the open road;
    a true "Roadster-man" in the fullest sence of the word,..Jay we will miss you on the HAMB board threads,..( probably as much as your personal friends will miss your presence on the open roads of the west coast)...I too regret not meeting you in person,...but you are an inspiration to those of us that intend on carrying on your "Roadster Legacy Attitude" all over this great country.

13. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Thoughts go out to friends and family...he was a huge asset

14. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

Thoughts and prayers go out to friends and family. I never got a chance to talk to him on here, but really enjoyed reading all of his posts. May he find his own special place way up there. :)

15. pitman

pitman

BTT for friends of Jay

16. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

wow.... Rest in Peace Jay.....

17. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Amen Brother. Very Sorry to hear of this, may Jay travel High in the Sky. RIP

18. No..................

He and I loved the BB BOP Roadsters...!

Jesus will love him up there... and we will sure miss him down here... God Speed my very special roadster friend...!

19. I share your loss, Gay.:( Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

On the eve of this Thanksgiving I am thankful that Jay touched my life through the written word.

20. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Ryan, remember that PM I sent you a while back? PM me if you don't.

This news shocked me as well..I never met him, but if you said C9 to me, I'd say-- "...the HAMBer?"

My deepest condolences to Gay.

21. Hi all! this is C9's favorite second daughter. ( of course my older sister being his fav. first daughter). My name is Deb. It's hard to see through my tears right now, but know that, any and all of you as you drive your rods Daddy is right there enjoying along with you. you see I just about cut my teeth on the dragstrip and hot rods, my Daddy always included me in everything "motorhead" I could understand. (btw i understood alot more than the average joe thinks)lol I can always walk with my head high knowing i'm part of his legacy of grace, humor, intelligence,curiosity,honesty , wit and so many other words i can't seem to bring to my thoughts right now. I took the '32 out the other day (and got in a teeny bit 'o trouble w/sweetie( i call her mom) but for lack of better words I got her good and warmed up, and layed her open on rte.66 felt good and i know i had the best copilot God could give anyone. Thank You are not big enough words to say to all of you at this time for your thoughtfullness and generosity, but much love was shared here, much intellegience, and mucho shared info from all parties involved. Thank You All!!!! BTW Just remember Daddy is still there just ask him and he will still be with.

22. atch

atch

Deb (& Gay),

Never forget that there are thousands of us who also miss your dad and are keeping your family/friends in our prayers.

23. Hi Deb, and welcome. I wish I could share how much your Dad thought of you. He had some great stories about you too! He thought the world of you and mentioned how the guys were in trouble when you had your race face on.

Attached Files:

24. Glen

Glen

Wow....just found this thread

Jay was always trying to help someone with a problem or share an inspirational story. Jay signed his book and sent it to me years ago....Looks like I will be digging it out for another road trip.

Deb, Thanks for posting.

25. Uptown83

Uptown83

So sad to hear, He contributed a lot to helping people here on the HAMB. RIP

26. DRD57

DRD57

Wow! This is really sad news.

Back in '97, I asked a rod related question on some generic forum and Jay was the one who found me and led me to the original RRT, we both found this place at about the same time and kept in touch over the years.

Before I moved up to Visalia I would often stop for a visit when I went up to see my family, I even dragged Carps along with me once.

I always enjoyed his writing, especially Pinky which really helped get me out of a funk.

He will be greatly missed.

Gay, you and your daughters are in my prayers. Take comfort in knowing that Jay was well loved and he loved you more than you can imagine.

Don

27. The place on the way to other places.... Too cool.

C9 will truly be missed. He was a friend for sure.

RIP Jay.

Jim Harriosn

28. moses

moses

R.I.P. GODSPEED.......Jeffrey

29. firemancooter

firemancooter

I always enjoyed reading C9s posts. Gay, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

30. Instead of driving on a ribbon of black velvet.....Jay is now driving on streets paved with gold......