Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Thirties era T Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Stokes, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Hey Marshall,
    Thats one cool bucket!
    I would like to do a Kookie style one sometime
    Looking forward to seeing your 5W
    Greg

2. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

You are on your way to a car that most of us would kill to have. Great fabrication skills!
    Wish I had your skills to apply to my junk!
    [​IMG]

3. woodbox

woodbox

Greg, I just found this thread......Man you rock! This car carries all of the halmarks of a legendary classic....just like your last one! Inspirational!
    Our club shedraid is coming up next month, so I have pulled my finger out and got my whole frontend away getting some color splashed on, mainly so it looks like I have done something since the last shedraid.....2 years ago!

Keep up the great work!:cool:

4. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Boy, oh boy, that's a neat build.

5. STILL gathering parts for mine... wavering between a RHD or LHD build. I have both otherwise there'd be no dilemma...
    Have to use a gennie chassis over here too. Any details on the radiator and water pump?[​IMG]

I remember offering up a T radiator before with the A motor mounted in a T chassis and the dynamo mount being in the way?

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Monkeybiker,

I’d go right-hand drive. Why make a vehicle more difficult than need be to drive? That’s why we build ‘em, right? ‘Course, I do appreciate the difficulties RHD makes when running a banger, since the intake and exhaust are on that side.

I’m interested to hear more about the conflict between the generator and the radiator when doing the A-in-T bit, as I have a ‘26 chassis and am supposed to be picking up an A motor this week.

-Dave

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

This is one of the coolest projects on the HAMB.

8. Dave - I have a LHD T-V8, a RHD A Fordor with a centre throttle, and a stock 27T with all that pedally goodness. Don't think I'll get confused...

9. I dont have skills better than anyone else - go for it - do it yourself - isnt that what hot rodding is all about?

Thanks mate, I hope you have got stuck into your ride - I missed this weekend's deadline but definitely hope to have it at the Stragglers Show in Cambridge

Thanks mate

RHD certainly offers more difficulty with header and intake clearance
    The alternator will have a cover to appear as a generator and the water pump uses my own bracketry to run through the lower hose. Its a Falcon 6cyl pump

See above. I also have to modify my tie rod as it hits on the original lower outlet on radiator

Thanks mate I am so pleased that others dig it as much as me

10. I rolled everything out today to hose out the floor of the warehouse. Good opportunity to step back and take a look at things

Next to do is complete the exhaust, finish front end and brakes and then start to plumb wire and fire

Attached Files:

robber grin likes this.
  11. woodbox

woodbox

Hey Greg,
    Looks wrong parked on the sealed tarmac car park, should be a dry dusty driveway outside a board and batten shed.
    Progress looks awesome! Keep it up!

12. Great pics, looks you are hovering above with a camera

keep up the good work

13. never been in to T's, because a lot of them end up looking like cartoon cars. yours is sweet.

14. manyolcars

manyolcars

Have you had a chance to ask dennis about the casper the friendly ghost car?

15. Thanks mate - I like your T too! Hopefully mine will be at Cambridge and is entered in the Jalopy Dust Up

Thanks mate

Thanks!

I will ask him now

Progress pics - finished the header that will go into a 3" straight pipe. What a pain in the ass this was with the steering column there!

Attached Files:

16. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

17. I am mid way thru the intake now - ready to take two additions to mount the carbs

Attached Files:

18. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

thats one bad little T.

19. TV

TV

Where does the fuel get into ports? I don't see any carbs or injection on that engine.--TV Sorry, I didn't read your post about not finished.--TV

20. RussTee

RussTee

looking good Greg hopeing to see it down here in Christchurch for the banger bash some real interesting cars coming didnt know we had so much old banger speed equipment in little old New Zealandit is going to be great to see it all out in one place pity there is not as much interest from the north island though

21. Rusty, we are running something in the next issue of the magazine about it. Hopefully I can get the T running by the end of the month for the Stragglers Show in Cambridge.

22. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Just looked at the first page! Excellent stuff.

23. -Brent-

-Brent-

ForEverFour, any updates?

Our platforms are almost exact and it's got me thinking since you're pretty far along. I've been thinking about ways to get me as low as possible in the front. Did you do anything to your spring, remove leaves only?

I spoke to Posies today and got the specs to their Super Low spring and with a reversed-eye I'll be pretty much to-the-max.

24. Hi mate,
    No progress worth mentioning at this stage - I have been out of action with an infection in my left elbow. On the home stretch now.
    It looks like I have to put the car up for sale now due to a guy in Utah purchasing my pick up and short changing me.
    The A spring in the T has been flattened out and about three leaves removed. Hope that helps
    Thanks
    Greg

25. mckustoms

mckustoms

Looks like a great build to me too...

26. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

what?????????

27. -Brent-

-Brent-

Man, sorry to hear that on all accounts. :( Thanks for the info on the spring...

28. woodbox

woodbox

It looks like I have to put the car up for sale now due to a guy in Utah purchasing my pick up and short changing me.

That sux Greg, Maybe some local HAMBers might like to have a 'word' with the dude and maybe suggest nicely that he sorts out his shit! He better not be a HAMBer.

29. S1B

S1B

One Word,
    Perfection!!!!!!!!

30. hi Greg i had a idea like this 15 years ago and like all good ideas ,got talked out of it !!!!!
    sorry to see it up for sale http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=256944875 HAMBERS if you think this is WORTH SAVING ..... spread the word it is to cool to see split up and DIE ....GOOD LUCK