Register now to get rid of these ads!

Distric Attorney/ Code Enforcement issues with your cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 24, 2009.

1. To justify & verify(sounds like Don King already) this thread, I just have to say.. I have High School friends who are code enforcement employees an I know their vacation jobs of past are over, out citing people for any bullish like not having their the Hse. No. physically on the house itself. Okay, but what I would really like to know is if ANY of you have had any run ins with your local code enforements or District Attorneys in my case regarding your cars or anything else lately. They've been after us for decades. Yes, Decades. I think they want a car, for real. Code Enforcement has us on record that we are grandfathered in (since 1951) with pea gravel being acceptable to park our cars on. But the District Attorneys office are pressuring us this time, to upgrade the parking surface w/ Cement or Black top. Our hearing is scheduled for early next month. Let me know whats up with you all out there!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

builld those cars and they won't be a violation. just kidding..

now what are you trying to say. that is one sketchy thread.

3. pastlane

pastlane

I wasn't grandfathered in but my two cars were parked on cement. Went to court twice and wound up getting rid of the cars. If it's any help I'm looking for a driver 55 or 56 post...

4. Same thing here you cannot park on dirt or gravel. In your backyard? has to be covered, on pavement. only one car not running. Its effin BS if ya have the wrong neighbor. Private yard even non residencial has to be a blocking fence.
    Out in Ridgecrest area of the dez they are really after people about old stuff.

5. I am almost finished with the 58, and I just bought the 59 El Camino. Bad timing all the way around. You cant believe what we have to put up with in California. Sketchy is a politically correct way of explaining what we're going through.

6. Sorry, no drivers for sale.. 56 Bel Air 2dr Sedan Project only

7. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Good luck. Did they cite any other offenses besides parked on dirt. Ive had run ins in the past when I had property like you, usaully from somebody complaining. You can prolong it depending on your zoning and running a business. Good luck.

8. It was my neighbor to the East of me for sure. Both neighbors on either sides sell cars illegally- - title jumping & not paying any tax at all. They're draining the economy an I'm the one they're after. I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I feel hopeless when illegal aliens have more leeway than me. It's just discouraging.

9. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

move out here to oklahoma....you can have hundreds of cars parked on your property.

10. I've seen those lots of old rides that go on for what seems like forever. The real fields of dreams!

11. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Man it is things like this that make me glad I live in the sticks. I got 7 cars sitting around and no one cares. Helps when you have hillbillies for neighbors. The one across the street lives in a converted chicken coop.

12. roddinron

roddinron

I know you guys have great weather and the ocean and all that, but I don't know how the fuck you can live in that state. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and there's no way you're gonna get it back. And to think, I used to dream of going there.:(

13. Something about not enough trees, and all the cars in the back have to be on an improved surface. I can understand it, it's for the better! I am just curious how far this is being carried out.

14. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i believe i would go over around ontario and rent an empty warehouse.

15. Thanks..that made me laugh! I'm still smilin'! I instantly thought about a hillbillies life, living in a Chopped Model A Chicken Coupe.. his and her terlet(toilet) seats and the whole bit!

16. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here in my small town of 1800 in central illinois you cannot have a vehicle in city limits that is visible unless it is licensed and plated. We do not have non-op status here. It is a city ordinance, but impounded cars are still impounded cars...

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my cars are all fine. it's me that is violating code.:eek:

18. Ain't that the truth. I think the issue they have is oil or gas contaminating the ground...I guess?

19. Everything I could want is an hour away.. EL Mirage, Big Bear Mtns, Palm Springs(not so much anymore, though) L.A, Temecula wine country.. So Cal is amazing. I've been coast to coast, north to south.. not taking anything away from anywhere else. But the Inland Empire is RICH with Hot Rod history. Denver Mullins with the Chopper roots, to my Dad being the second person in the Big I.E painting "Murano" Pearls(which he still has)
    This is home.. unfortunatly

20. As long as they're in your 'back yard" they're untouchable. Build a gate,fence,something that blocks visability from the street and your good.
    They can be parked on feathers! it does'nt matter!:mad:

21. mlagusis

mlagusis

it probably has something to do with your "carbon footprint" being too big. Your cars are taking up area where trees can be growing. That's the new thing right? If you follow the logic of the "green" movement, the only logical conclusion would be to kill yourself so you would leave no carbon footprint at all. I grew up in the SF Bay Area and moved from there to Nampa Idaho 5 years ago and am thankful for doing it just because of crap like that. We do not even have to smog here.

22. Not here even in the back yard behind a fence it has to be on a paved surface and covered. And these are the A holes that started it a house behind you sits higher than yours if he can see in your back yard then all he has to do is make a complant. you loose

23. Third generation Californian. Born and raised up in SoCal. I live in Arkansas. We have code enforcement in the cities. But out in the country it is pretty much live and let live. Can I recommend a real estate agent?

24. BBobb

BBobb

F@#$ it,move to Texas.We got plenty of dirt to park cars on

25. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

Gotta watch out, even being grandfathered in doesn't help. Know of a couple businesses in my hometown (Fremont, Ca.) that were grandfathered in businesses run by multigen. families. All the city did was make it IMPOSSIBLE for them to do anything improvement wise until there buildings literally fell apart. Then when they wanted to rebuild it had to be up to all the new codes & environmental standards which were pretty well impossible for them to meet & still be able to turn a profit so they just closed up shop.

26. Kinda chicken shit if you ask me- So how about car covers/tarps??? Has that been looked into?? And also the "grandfathered" in first? Sounds like a neighbor with a hard on in a bad way.

27. Yeah they have to be covered but be careful to not leave parts out, if they can see anything they can complain. Then you have the city/county down your back and yes the county adopted the same laws as the city a few years ago. Kinna funny we are a 99% RUN "CONSERVATIVE" run county so we cant even blame this BS on the wacko's

We can only have one project going at a time

28. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

NY is a free-for-all compared to CA.

29. Lawyers find ways to supercede excisting laws. Here's an example..We're "Allowed" to have a gun, but if you have any bullets accessible it's straight to jail you go. It's all about money for permits and cement for the ground now a days.

30. That sucks-All it takes is one pie-hole looking out the window and making a phone call! I feel for you guys!