Register now to get rid of these ads!

C9 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retorq, Nov 23, 2009.

1. BELLM

BELLM

R.I.P. Jay. This is a terrible loss for the HAMB community and the world.

2. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

wow, just read the news... sad indeed.

You know how you sometimes grab the scroll bar and fly through a thread, passing all the "fluff".... I would always stop when I saw that roadster bathing in the sunset. Always. When I started discovering different boards, it was always a relief to see his tag... something in the back of my mind was saying "yup, must be a good place if he's here."

3. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

I'm relatively new here, but I think it would be something to have a small "HAMB of Fame" thread with the names and a small biography of members who have passed away. I would personally enjoy reading about them and things they've done outside this corner of the internet.

4. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

R.I.P. Jay. You are truly missed by a lot of people. I'm sorry for your terrible loss Gay.
    Ron

5. krooser

krooser

Wow... I'm floored.

I never met him but we exchanged a few PM's on various stuff several years ago. He was always informed, insightful and respectful. I'm so sorry to hear this.

RIP...

6. slepe67

slepe67

Floored +1 He helped me out a LOT. I pretty much designed my entire rear suspenson with pics of his roadster and his help. The guy knew his onions...RIP brother.

7. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Gay,

If you're reading this I wanted to let you know how sorry I am about Jay's passing. I've enjoyed reading his stories and tech write ups here online and went to Amazon to purchase Pinky. It looks as if Pinky is sold out. So when or if you decide to process a book order, please PM, no matter how long it takes, and i'd be more than happy to purchase everything he's written.

Thank you,

Chris Salisbury

Rest in Peace Jay.

8. atch

atch

Jay's wife Gay and daughter Deb would like the following information passed along:

1. Jay will be cremated and returned to Kingman
    2. There will be no visitation or funeral at this time
    3. After the holidays are over they will have a memorial service of some type
    4. Phone calls are welcomed (928 692-8332, see #67 & #72 above)
    5. They welcome and will read all PM's, although they may not have much time for responding right away

9. Been exchanging notes with C9 for years, always enjoyed his writings was glad that he published some and when he got his first batch he sent me an autographed copy along with a C9 decal. Just a month ago we exchanged notes as I found he had submitted a recipe for baking bread in a dutch oven in of all places Mother Earth News. Never met him yet always thought of him as a friend. Always liked that that he always referred to his wife as "Sweetie".

Will be missed by many.

10. very sad news! jay you will be missed.

11. This sucks big time. Please if there is anything we can do for the family please let us know and if after the holidays there is some type of service please let us all know so we can come in our hot rods and show how important he was too all of us here on the HAMB.

12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm at a loss for words, C9 was a HAMB institution - in a very GOOD way.

Rest in peace, my friend................

13. Hi everyone, This is Sweetie, Gay, we have about 3 glasses of wine under our belt---or in this case sweats {no I am not drinking too much---being very careful!!}. We so want to thank all of you for your overwhelming love, stories, memories and support. I have cried in gratitude reading all of your messages. I knew that Jay had a wide reaching influence on so many people---he never quite grasped the concept that he was so brilliant at helping, mentoring, and writing as he was. He just could'nt quite seem to understand that he was so brilliant {a genus I can't seem to spell it right, but you all know what I mean} even though I tried to POUND it into his head!!! If someone that has all his stories could print them and send them to me I would be happy to pay any costs. Ok, my cat is sitting here purring, which means that I better pay attention to him NOW. Our love to all, much thanks

14. OK, HE had awesome taste in guns and cars, what about me? He married me and I am one awesome woman!!! I'm still in shock and denial and still have my sense of humor! Sweetie, Gay!!

15. hemi

hemi

Thank you for coming here and sharing your thoughts. He always spoke (or wrote) lovingly of you and it was admirable that you two shared something very special... and that YOU were a very special person yourself. I always liked how respectfully he wrote about you in his threads....

16. OK guys, here's one from C9's looney wife, I keep expecting the lid to be up!!!!!!!!

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I never met him, but I liked his posts. He did have a lot of knowledge and helped a lot of folks. He will be missed here. This is his last post on 11-15-09:

" Gettin' cooler here today.

Yesterday, about the same.

Took the roadster to Saturday morning donuts.

The gang left for the trailer auction early and I followed them down the hill 5 miles to check it out.

Lots of box trailers - mostly Harley size - and a lot of very nice tandem aluminum open trailers.

Parked on the side of the road, walked a 1/4 mile down a mild grade, took one look at the over 100 yard registration line, turned around and walked back.

Guys from the donut gang did the same.

Nice ride back on the freeway.
    Haven't driven the 32 for aboujt a week so it was especially enjoyable. "
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Ride on brother.

18. As per above, and like all the previous threads, wish to pass on our thoughts to you, his friends and family, as he was always passionate to help, and I admired reading of his adventures and perspective on things.

Drewfus

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

C9 will be missed. he is one of the longest standing active members I can think of. Sad indeed.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Gay, It would be my honor to be able to do that for you. I'll print them all out and put them in a binder for you and send it out.

21. Dearest Carps, I don't know how to "pm", but want you to know your words brought me to my knees in tears. You {and all of you} were one of the ones I SO wanted to hear from. I remember when you came to visit us in Visalia and felt like I was in the presence of a truly great man { felt that way about Jay all the years I had him, too}. I would love to write you and hear from you again. much love and thanks, Sweetie Gay

22. sawzall

sawzall

my friend ken, I must agree with this

truly a sad note.. I enjoyed all that he added to this place..

rest in peace c9

23. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

What a loss. I always enjoyed his stories. Godspeed.

24. Nothing like a good woman to make life complete
    Jay was lucky indeed.

25. Hi Guys, I just need to keep writing, I cry good tears at sooooo many of your posts, in the above picture I had to work REALLY, REALLY, to get THIS much of a smile out of my beloved man. He was so shy, I know hard to believe, that it was so hard to smile !! Thank you all---I feel like I am talking to extended family. Sweetie Gay

26. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

That made me smile :) you're one in a million....

My condolences,
    Chuck

27. MeanYellowZ

MeanYellowZ

I don't post on this site nearly as much as some others, but I try and stop by at least weekly and catch up on some threads. That said, I was a "newbie" for sure when i posted about possibly moving to Arizona and starting a new life. I have always wanted to do it and had picked out Kingman via internet research. I posted a thread on here to see what people knew about the area. C9 was one of the first to respond and he filled the thread with pictures and information about the area. His wealth of information and the polite and detailed way he wrote about it was excellent. He truly seemed to be a great person, and that is obviously extremely true reading through this thread. I am very unfortunate to have never met him in person, as it seems like he touched all that he did meet. RIP to a truly great individual!

Randy

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

29. Terry O

Terry O

I'm very sorry to hear that Jay is no longer with us. He was an extremely intelligent and grounded guy. May God comfort you in your time of loss Gay.

Respectfully,
    Terry

30. redbeard

redbeard

I am really sad to hear this.

He was one of the greats here. His writing was a real inspiration.

His contributions here will be missed.

RIP