Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID this Supercharger Blower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Nov 24, 2009.

1. badshifter

badshifter

I just got this fun find, this cool little blower I have no info on other than it has metric threads, and VD cast into the bearing cap on one end. It's about 9 inches long 7 inches wide and the ports are about 1 3/16 inch. Has a tapered shaft with keyway slot on one end (pulley end) and a flat blade drive on the other end (tach drive?). It was/is polished and factory engine turned bearing/gear cover. I'm thinking it's english, maybe a old kit blower for an MG or who knows. Any ideas? I've got a few flatheads sitting around that this thing would look great sitting on.

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

very neat blower! looks way too small for even a flathead. And be careful to use protection so you don't get the clap.

Wish I knew what it was....

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

very cool,
    that needs to be hanging off the side of a Crosley

4. Kool30Hudson

Kool30Hudson

this might be for a 4 cylinder engine

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just tell everyone it was Von Dutch's!

6. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Could it be for a Motorcycle?

7. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 30's era Peogeot.

8. not sure check Judson? or Shorrocks???

9. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Looks like a Volumex supercharger used on early MG's Fiats Lancia etc. etc.

10. Did it have fuel running thru it? just thinking about a shaft on both ends ? could it be a pump?,,,,,,,,

11. squirrel

squirrel

It sort of does, but if you look at pics of the Volumex, you'll see the details about it are all wrong.

12. badshifter

badshifter

Thanks for the help and eh tips guys! Volumex seems to be a possibility but mine looks older than what I've seen on Google images of others like it. Also the carb mount and outlet are much smaller than the pics I've seen. I had a Judson on my 62 bug and this is about the size of two Judsons side by side. I took it apart, it's nice inside. It's a two lobe rotor. Also has a flange with 2 holes for oil in/out to the gears and bearings. Also inside the housing for the tach or whatever drive it has a one way drive like the end of a model T crank. Took a pic of it too. Keep the info coming! I'll post when a pulley and belt go on it and make it pump some air.
    Thanks.
    John

Attached Files:

13. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i think the "old crow" belly tanker had a little one of those at one time????

14. Definatly not a Judson, I had 1 of those a few years back.

15. Weasel

Weasel

VD stands for Vic Derrington who had a speed shop in Kingston-upon-Thames just outside of London in England. He specialized in hopping up VWs - it may be a re-badged Shorrock. Do a google search on Vic Derrington.

16. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

wow too cool...
    bump to the top,someone has more info???