Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods CloseOne!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oj, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oj

oj

Last month we replaced the brakes on this '32 and yesterday Ted brought it back for some exhaust work. We finished after dark and Ted headed for home, about 30 miles away. He emailed me this morning that he was loafing along about 60 and a pickup blew past him was just in front of him when a deer jump out and the truck hit it, Ted got on the brakes able to get up just behind the truck to miss flying body parts and dead meat. There wasn't any damage to the '32, the pickup was tore all to hell and gone. That is too close a call!

Attached Files:

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

looks like its not a traditional hotrod

3. Glad to hear that nothing got his '32.

Charlie

4. Larry T

Larry T

Too shiney for ya?? (G)

OJ,
    Glad you're guy didn't get his limit with the car.
    Larry T

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

most people would have been glad nothing happened to him , he could have mangled his car or been hurt pretty bad if crap him him.

6. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey O.J....man if the other car hadn't hit the dear, than the 32 probably would have. i would say a very close call. and manyolcars that 32 is as traditional as it get's. some people just love to put other rods down. i love that old hoopy. call me POP...or the old FART!

7. did he scrape up some bambi mighty tasty? but we are happy the dude wasnt injured ..

****************Warning!!*******************
    Animals were injured and killed for the making of this thread!

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Glad the car is ok... and the driver... but..

It's not the shiney. Shiney is fine. But look at it. Billet. The roof material. It's a street rod through and through.

LOL, not even close. You would have never seen that in the early 60's. It's a street rod. But then you have a Mustang as your avatar. I guess you're oblivious to what the HAMB is all about.

9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I for one am just glad no one got hurt, that thing could have come right through the windshield, and this could have been a thread about someone being dead.

10. Larry T

Larry T

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  11. Weasel

Weasel

What a waste of bandwidth to make a negative non comment like that. Some of you guys need to get a life.

That was a lucky miss - it pays to have good brakes and steering.

12. Weasel

Weasel

Its a cabriolet, maybe you thought it is a roadster - nothing wrong with Haartz or Stayfast roof - look at all the traditional Brizio built cars with Stayfast or Haartz tops. And Torq thrust 2 wheels make it a street rod? Agreed they're not everybody's choice but put smoothies and caps 'n rings on it and a four piece hood and it would sit happily in my garage. It's probably a steel Henry too - who wouldn't be happy to own that?

I get tired of this constant O/T judgmental shit.

13. oldpaint

oldpaint

This is the peak time of year for deer hits. I have hit 5 so far in my 61 years. They will jump right out in front of you.

My wife works nights and has to drive 18 miles along a river road with narrow shoulders. I told her NOT to swerve to miss them if she can't get slowed down. Better to drive thru a deer then go off the road and roll the vehicle. There have been several deaths attributed to trying to miss a deer here lately.

Nice 32!

14. smarg

smarg

Someone could have really got hurt if that dear hit the '32 it would have folded up like a paper cup the only thing that would have saved him was that Big Super-Charger.:rolleyes:

15. Which is more important here!?! whether a rodder dodged the fur bullet or whether his car passes muster? Let's do this, Manyolecars, drag your rod out and let's see whether it's traditional. Jeeze....

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Fur bullett,,,,,GWAARAARAGHRHRAHRHARA
    I

17. its funny how. . .
    rhymes with "i just want to be a douche"

18. George

George

I was going down the road in the wee hours of the morning 1 time & stopped for gas. Had been doing 65-70 on a 2 lane in the country. While gassing a semi went by. Didn't take but a few minutes to gas n go. A few miles down the road the semi was on its side in the ditch. He guy had plowed into a herd of cows. If not for the gas stop.....:eek:

19. I don't think the piont of the story really has anything to do with the style of the car in question. So cut the guy some slack.

I do collision work for a living and here in the midwest at dear hunting season for that matter I fix pleanty of cars that hit deers on the road.

Belive me they do alot of damage to new cars that are designed to take an impact far beyond the capabilitys of any hot rod no matter what style it is built.

So I have to say thank goodness for the dude in the late model pick up that was in such a hurry.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Uhh... yea.:rolleyes:

Anyway, glad he was living right. Nice looking ride.

21. oj

oj

Manyolcars, i'd like to think that you weren't being critical and the statement just came out wrong. And yes, it is all steel, shiney and has some billett stuff. It belongs to Ted, it is what he wants and being he is well into his 70's and likes to rumble about around with 950hp more power to him. I am including a few pics that Ted gave me from when he was younger, maybe this is the more traditional look that you are talking about.

Attached Files:

22. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

Glad your customer missed the deer! That could have been a really bad deal.

It's too bad some people just can't help but talk shit. lame....

23. rev106

rev106

Jerkey? It's already been tenderized. like this thread. BTW: my computer's not traditional either.

24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Valve covers are ball milled as are the plug wire supports. Look again. I'm still glad the dude and his car are ok. :D

25. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Neat pictures, love those socks!!

Attached Files:

26. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

but it was a traditional deer.

27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

great pictures!! post these up in the cool pictures thread!! not a lot of original pictures survived from this era. best thing to come out of this thread yet.

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

man, this gets old. real old.

29. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Interesting story glad the guy is ok.

30. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The OG pics are awesome.

Thread Status: