Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1928 Dodge 4 door --can anything be done to make it a hot rod ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Oct 10, 2009.

1. BobPer

BobPer

Hi, Car looks good. The most important thing is: Do YOU like it? if so, there's your answer! Anyway, the car looks like a 28 Standard six. The reason it doesn't look like a 28 Victory six, or a Senior six is that, it is NOT. Dodge had three models in 28, all being the first year of the 6 cylinder. Now, if it has the 4 cylinder, then it will be a 27 "Fast four". So open the hood and see what year it is. Hope that helps, Bob

2. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Yep !! ford cross member dropped axel tradtional hot rod stuff !! flat motor 3 pedals wide whites better body than a ford !!

Attached Files:

3. mrdodge

mrdodge

Hell, if it was in this part of the world, I'd take it off his hands - no problem!!. Seriously though, some good advice here. Don't chop it, doesn't need it. Keep the fenders, all mopar running gear. Flathead six with three speed would be cool or small early Hemi, but hey , it yours, do what ever you want. But, have fun.......

4. krag4201

krag4201

I'm with funnycar65 on this one that thing would be the cats hindquarters with a baby hemi and a four speed I'd leave a lot of the stock character because you NEVER see these.

5. Dodge or not, if you have to talk yourself into buying it, a good rule of thumb is that you should pass and look for something you don't have to talk yourself into.. just my .02

6. mopar65

mopar65

i'm the owner of this dodge and yes its a 1928 dodge fast four.i drive over the road and was laid over in montana for a week end having to many beers and going to an auction ended up the owner.my idea was to ditch the fenders and hood channel it about 6" et 5 window rear wheels gasser et wheels up front. poly head,early hemi,maybe a chrysler spitfire. flat black paint.just not enough time being gone all the time.anyone interested? 605/310/7839... milt

7. RichG

RichG

I like the delivery idea.

Attached Files:

8. texkbc

texkbc

Heres a pretty cool truck made from a similar sedan

Attached Files:

9. mopar65

mopar65

now i like this

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

[​IMG]

Heres mine,with a bit of photochopping.

Heres it without.

[​IMG]

11. DH

DH
    from Colorado

My 28 Dodge Brothers

Attached Files:

12. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I love that car!

13. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Oh hell yes.
    Six inch channel.
    Shorten the body/wheelbase a foot. Section the rear door, leave that rearmost side window like it is..........
    Full fendered or fenderless.............

Snow melting 2 4 10........jpg

14. 29nash,

Is that yours?- I Like it!!! (with a smaller profile tire maybe :D).

MORE details PLEASE!!!

(I seem to like exclamation points today, too)

15. scoutfury2

scoutfury2
    from Golden, CO

Here's what a buddy of mine's father has done. F'n Sweet!!

Attached Files:

16. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

I think it would look cool as hell shortened up. Remove the rear door, cut the top, and slide the rear body up to the front door. I know, it'd be a lot of work, but it would look soooo good!

17. Lil Bastard

Lil Bastard
    from belgium

buy it cheap and sell for more or else do whatever your heart tells you to do whit it,just follow your feeling

18. 62rebel

62rebel

it seems backward imho to start a proposed project with a car you haven't actually made plans for...
    honestly? i'd only take it, in order to sell it on and get the car i really wanted. otherwise, pass. just my 2 cents. not trying to bust anybody's chops, but the classifeds are full of started rod projects for sale.

19. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

It's mine. Glad you like it.:D See a ton narrative and of pictures in my album.

20. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I have a buddy that has a chopped 30 dodge 4 door with fenders.] It's a home built car on the cheap. making a nice family car when finished. I can take a phone pic if you pm me your number

21. A few years ago, the owner of a bodyshop I worked at built a 1928 Dodge four door sedan into a real nice Hot Rod, and painted it purple.
    I'll find the pictures and post them tonight.

22. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

[​IMG]
    that truck is freakin cool, one of my favorites, fell in lust with that when it was featured

and im also diggin this idea but the cab would hafta be lengthened for my taste

[​IMG]

23. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Well, heres my '30 4-dr. Its posted up in the "Cars for sale" section right now.
    So yes you can build a cool hotrod out of that 4-dr !!!

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0161.JPG

24. Big Dad

Big Dad

25. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

As has been pointed out here many times, a very cool car can be built from that Dodge Bros. All it takes is vision, talant, skill, and work. maybe some money also. And it has also been mentioned that some people are looking for Dodge Bros. "Fast Four" engines (Two intake ports) and even the standard Four (One intake port) Me for one. Just thought I would mention that.

26. brad chevy

brad chevy

Don"t be the buyer and seller,ask him what"s the bottom dollar cash price,if you want it buy it because there has been some damn nice cars shown to you that look pretty clean.The car has potential but the pickup in the photochop just ain"t the way to go,looks like something from a German war movie.

27. 54chebby

54chebby
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Make me an offer !! I found a wagon id like to get for a few less thousand than im selling the Dodge for. Doesnt hurt to ask right ????

28. texkbc

texkbc

I have one of these sedans but I am not sure of the year model.
    I was told it was a 27. Mine has a different body line on the cowl. Can anyone tell the year model on this one? thanks

Attached Files:

29. Sanderson37

Sanderson37

Thats just like mine. 1929 dodge standard six. ill post a pic of my project in a few min. Its minus 2 doors :D

30. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

If you do not like the 4 doors...then stay away from it. You have to have a car that you really like to begin with...like others said before me. You need to be into the car in order to finish the project. Otherwise..you will buy it and run out of steam and desire!!