Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodded 352?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LarzBahrs, Nov 19, 2009.

1. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

My uncle just procured a 1965 ford f series shortbed with a 352 fe block in it. He really is considering switching it for a 429 or a 428. The thing is he doesnt have the engine he wants yet so in the mean time im trying to get him to just drive with the 352. Are there any out there with hopped up 352s? Can you really get much power out of them?

2. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

had a 58 cnvrt ford police interceptor option
    look into the specs on that &he will not need to change it out later

3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Check out fordfe.com. Lots of info on hot 352's. There was a factory 360 Hp version for 1960 and '61 I believe. The 352's have a big bore and short stroke, so they can be made to wind up fast and make some very good power. Plus since it is an FE block, you can drop in a 428 crank and bore it over 0.050" to make a 410 ci torque monster.

4. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

I thought that all 352's were known as "Interceptors" but, I may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first. Either way, 352's arn't just boat anchors like some people think, they can be pretty good motors when built right and will run forever, if treated right, and some will run forever if abused like crazy. But, don't expect them to be cheap to build compared to like a SBC or SBF. But they are very nice looking engines, atleast I think mine is.

[​IMG]

5. krooser

krooser

The FE series engines are great... we raced the hell out of 'em in the 60's in our stock cars...

6. I believe the reason 352,s are not as popular is They didnt come out in 55 ,56 or 57 and most where equipped with a cruseomatic and 300 to 1 rear gears. The restrictive exhaust heavy car tall gear didnt win many drag races. I ran a 59 352 intercepter from a cop car in a 56 htp with a stick and 389 gears whole different animal. The higher horse versions had flat top pistons. But beginning in 65 the pistons where dished. Ford made FE,s for at least 20 years only made Y blocks for 10years only 8 years in cars. yet many will spent voo coo bunches of dollars on a Y block to get less HP and preformance than can be had from a stock FE?:confused: I think if the FE had came out in 55 the small block chevy would not be as popular as it is today. OldWolf