Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn find Model T Touring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Nov 19, 2009.

1. fitzee

fitzee

Was contacted the other day about this 1925 Model T Touring and asked if I am interested in buying it.Car has been stored for over 25 years and in it history the engine and trans went missing. It was taken out for a rebuild and strip down and parts went missing or lost. Body looks to be very sound and was painted about 35 years ago.Looks good just aged. They want $3500 for it.Is it worth that? I was wondering what it would look like with maybe a flatty, steelies and even full fenders.Thinking if I buy it to leave the body as is just update the frame,front end,rear end and engine with something from the 50`s. Having a hard time finding pics of pre 26 model T touring hot rods.most I find are stock.Would love to see some.

Attached Files:

2. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Attached Files:

3. fitzee

fitzee

Cool car but it is a 27.I have come across a few 27`s that have been hotrodded but no 23-25.

4. Nope, not a 26/27. They had the coil boxes mounted on the engine. That car has it mounted inside the car, under the dash

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

sorry its not a 27 or 26
    look at the coils mounted on the firewall

Never heard of a 23 T hotrod???
    you must be a real young guy

6. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

I wouldn't pay that much unless it ran, had a title and I wanted that exact car. BUT, I'm a tight ass!! It's worth it if you're willing to pay that, would make a cool little family cruiser though!

7. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

I was just showing an example of a touring T hot rodded.. I know the year.. We built it.. I didn't see anyone throwing any 23-25 pics your way....

8. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Go for it. If the body is fairly solid it is worth it. There is nothing like having a back seat.

Here's mine. 1917 steel body, 322 Nailhead, dynaflow, torque tube, 32 front and rear axles, 49 Ford dash, 39 Chevy headlight housing covers pitman arm. Built in 1953.

My gas tank is vertically mounted between the back seat rest and the rear of the body.

100_1942.JPG 100_1943.JPG

100_1944.JPG 100_1945.JPG

DSC00117.jpg DSC_0077.jpg

9. This one comes to mind. I used to see Norm driving it all the time in Sun Valley when I was a kid. Too bad about the "Porter" deal

Attached Files:

10. fitzee

fitzee

There ya go. that is what I`m after.

manyolcars I seen all kinds of Model T hot rods.just that 98% are T buckets not touring

11. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Here's a '17 that sold for $4500 last month at a local auction. It was running 20 years ago, but has since been left to rot. I'd have no trouble paying $3500 for the one you're looking at.
    [​IMG]

12. fitzee

fitzee

Your getting two of my post mixed up. the Car I posted is a 25 the next pic post(black touring) is a 26/27.

13. Huh?!?! I see a blue touring and a pic of an empty engine compartment. The empty engine bay is from a pre 26 car.

14. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

He's talking about the black touring in post #2, not the one pictured in his post.

15. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

If it comes with a good title it is definatly worth the asking price.

16. Yeah. Maybe my reading comprehension isn't what it should be, but the second post isn't his, as he stated. Also, I agree with him as far as the year of the car goes. Looks just like my '25 under the hood, 'cept mine ran.

17. TERPU

TERPU

Lay down the green and don't look back. It'll be the funnest car you've ever owned.
    [​IMG]
    This is one I just traded away for my A Touring project. Still re-thinking.

Tim

18. screwball

screwball

looks like fun but kinda steep for the rock isint it.

19. Check the G.G. posters online. There was a nice green and white fenderless one used for the Pacific nw nationals in puyallup 2{?} years ago. I believe they have them archived somewhere on there website

20. While not a Model T, here's an example of a touring car hot rod.

It's my '17 Dodge, home-built 19 years ago.

Attached Files:

21. igby

igby

studebaker tbucket.jpg
    im building a 1919 studebaker like this one
    hi bill still working on the stude getting parts

22. Idaho/Dave

Idaho/Dave
    from Idaho

I thinks its priced fair,21 flatty, banjo rear, dropped axle, you can't go wrong Dave

23. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I bought mine 1 1/2 years ago. I have not had the chance to mess with it yet. If the body is solid and you want one I would say go for it.

24. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

OK...I'm completely lost.
    Why would antique cars be cheaper over here compared to anywhere else?
    For us to get a rustfree car from down south the shipping costs are outrageous! To me....that would seem to equate to Antique cars on the "Rock" being priced higher than cars in Ontario or even Nova Scotia for that matter.

That T is in really nice shape.
    I'd gladly pay the asking price without haggling IF I wanted it.
    Doing my own work and buying a lot of new parts, that could be on the road for WELL under $10,000.00 including purchase price.
    It's too nice for me and deserves someone who won't cut it up...:D

I'd actually like to see that one restored.
    A Model T is a wonderfully interesting car in stock form. Pure genius!

25. TERPU

TERPU

[QUOTE I'd actually like to see that one restored.
    A Model T is a wonderfully interesting car in stock form. Pure genius![/QUOTE]

While I don't disagree with this, I think you could easily go any direction you wanted with it. Mine was buitl from junk and leftovers, that's a great start for something truly fun. $3,500 seems like a price you could make back pretty quick & maybe a little extra.

Tim

26. This is what I'm thinking of, Touring car with a "Y" that's my style. :D

27. The more I look at it the more I think, if you don't want it I'll come up and get it. $3500 don't seem too bad. :rolleyes:

28. 3500 for a car that is complete body wise and painted and reasonably straight that is a good deal. Unfortunately tubs don't sell for big bucks when done, but are a blast to rip around in. And that Stude tub is a Ford. Go for it Fitzee. Pat.

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

???? There is almost no tin left there from what I have read here on the HAMB. Looks like a gret deal to me!